I had the most amazing hen weekend – the girls and boys did good! It was the perfect mix of touristy stuff (hello hop on hop off bus….with regular pit stops for a drink and shot!), chilling and catching up with friends who I’ve not seen in a while, lots & lots of laughs, and a good bit of dancing to boot. Beautiful sunshine all weekend, we were in a brilliantly located apartment which fitted the 11 of us comfortably - I couldn’t have asked for more! Here’s a little pic of us on the Sat night.
I am lucky and have a second hen coming up this Saturday which involves my 2 bridesmaids, my mum, my sister in law, and 2 future sister in laws. I dont know much other than the time I'm meeting 1 bridesmaid in London - I suspect its afternoon tea somewhere (guessing from the time), and then presumably on for cocktails as they asked me if I could stay out all night to play. Yay! Can't wait
Massively on the ticking clock now, but actually at the moment I feel ok (likely to change at any moment lol). In the last week we've:
- had final meeting with photographer and confirmed bits & pieces which has meant I could confirm times with other people
- had final meeting with florist
- sorted out suits for 2 page boys, and nearly sorted outfit for flower girl - just shoes to go
- pretty much sorted gifts. think I'd like to get one more bit for my dad but other than that they just need to be wrapped
- made a massive effort on the DIY bits and cracked the majority of it. Still o/s is sticking together the jigsaw guest 'book', writing out name place cards and spray painting some jars
- got the final table plan and table names from the designer. absolutely over the moon with it and can't wait to see it for real
Still to do:
- final discussion with caterer. my contact has been on holiday, back today so I'm about to nag him to book in a phone call!
- buy underwear and decide what I'm wearing morning of. I like all the bridal 'getting ready' gowns but I feel I'm getting a bit caught up in it all and should probably just decide on something normal!
- agree logistics with my crew for the evening before - who's coming over and needs to stay and what time.....I'm planning on joining my family in the local hotel they've booked for dinner
- confirm times and running order with hair & make up lady
- pay florist, videographer, photographer (once we receive invoice), MUA and caterer (once we receive invoice). Ouch this month is going to hurt finance wise!
- draw out table plan for caterer
- finalise the iPod play list for music during wedding breakfast
I don't really seem to have been concentrating that much at work for the last week or so (oops) as there always seems to be emails I need to send to suppliers or things I need to order (amazon have done very well out of me this year!) but feeling on track and on top of stuff.
Have agreed times etc for hair and make up, and told my mum and sister in law what time they need to get to me so that's them sorted.
Had a call with the caterer this week and finalised some bits. We're just debating what cocktails to have on offer (nice problem to have lol) and little things - at the last minute C has decided she'd like to offer a popcorn station along with canapes (random) so the caterer is trying to see what he can come up with. I think she's worried about people being hungry....we haven't done the sweetie cart thing which the last few weddings we've been to have had, so I think she's thinking we need to offer alternatives along with the canapes. Now we've finalised the menu, it means we can order menu cards for the tables. Yay.
Confirmed the table plan
Got the final gift for my dad. That's all gifts done - just need to wrap them
I've got a second hen tomorrow - its a family day one, so me plus 6 girls (2 bridesmaids, mum, my sister in law, and 2 sister in laws to be). The girls have kept it as a surprise, I just know I'm meeting one of them in London in the afternoon. Pretty sure its afternoon tea & cocktails and I'm really excited about it!
So sunday will be a mixture of recovering (lol) and cracking on with the next bits of DIY - sticking the jigsaw puzzle pieces, spray painting jars, writing name place cards, as well as paying various invoices and working out logistics of the night before and morning of.....