Your planning threads

The 'subtly us' wedding

121 to 140 of 171 posts

Bridezilla

Sian91 wrote (see post):

This afternoon the dressmaker messaged me and let me know she’s working on my dress and I’ll be able to collect it tomorrow evening (fingers crossed). The sleeves were unbelievably tight and the bodice was too loose- think it’s because I’ve changed the style of cups which has thrown it all off! 

Day one of the diet is also done 🙈

So!!! Did you collect your dress?! 

Bridezilla

MrsBeehan wrote (see post):
Sian91 wrote (see post):

This afternoon the dressmaker messaged me and let me know she’s working on my dress and I’ll be able to collect it tomorrow evening (fingers crossed). The sleeves were unbelievably tight and the bodice was too loose- think it’s because I’ve changed the style of cups which has thrown it all off! 

Day one of the diet is also done 🙈

So!!! Did you collect your dress?! 

Dress is collected- I’ll be honest I don’t feel 100% happy with it but the dressmaker explained that the fabric wouldn’t fit how I expected. I’m a bit confused about it all, planning to put it on when I see my mum in a few weeks and reassess. I’m tempted to contact another seamstress for their thoughts...

Bridezilla

Now that is a great haul! I love Sephora - it’s a blessing and a curse that we don’t have them here, god forbid what my bank account would look like!

I think you should contact another seamstress just to put your mind at rest - if she confirms the same thing then you’ll know where you stand at least rather than wondering!

Bridezilla

I'm so sorry you're not happy ☹ Hopefully another seamstress will be able to rework it.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

I'm so sorry you're not happy ☹ Hopefully another seamstress will be able to rework it.

I've contacted 2 this morning- so hopefully they come back to me tomorrow. The day I took my dress home, I wasn't 100% and panic bought a dress on Asos...

I'm now in the space that I have over 10 weeks- someone will help me or worst comes to worse...I will find another dress

Bridezilla

Okay- onto the good stuff! 

I spent most of yesterday researching our honeymoon, we’ve always wanted to go to Japan and now seems like the perfect time. 

We plan on flying into Kyoto and having a week or so there- visiting the temples and trips out to Hiroshima and Nara. Then flying to Okinawa and going out to the islands near Taiwan (it doesn’t look like Japan!) for a bit of R&R...

Then Tokyo for a week before our flight home. Has anyone got any must sees that they’d recommend? We’re asking for contributions to our honeymoon as our gift list but have broken it out into specific activities. 

Bridezilla

I’m a bit stressed- our invites still haven’t been sent out...the lady making (?! I never knew this when I bought them) the envelopes is due to post them to us tomorrow. Even if we sent them all out before Friday...it’s only 3.5 weeks to the RSVP and the invites are printed(1st August).

People have had save the dates, I’m 95% sure I could write all the yes/no’s....is this enough time? I’m kind of figuring loads of people don’t RSVP on time anyway, so I can chase them regardless or they might do it quick because it feels close? 

Bridezilla

I wouldn't worry too much, if people have had a save the date they should pretty much know if they are able to come or not by now and have it written in their calendar.

Perhaps send out a message to your guests or to the ones you think might be a bit slow to respond and say invites will be sent out w/c ......  appreciate there is only a short RSVP time but if you could let us know ASAP if you are able to attend we would be really grateful etc etc.

I reckon people will respond quicker as it's closer to the date, hope it doesn't cause you too much stress! 

Bridezilla

Envelope lady has become unresponsive, I’ve tried my dress on three times and cried three times- I need to chase up the unresponsive alterations people and try book myself some appointments at sample sales.

It was all going too well :/

On a more positive note- catering lady replied so we’ve booked our crockery and the oven! Trying to keep positive and power through the list regardless, the dress is only a minor issue with only 79 days to go right!?

Bridezilla

For the sake of some envelopes could you just nip to Hobbycraft or somewhere?

Good luck - I can't remember where you are but the shop where I got my dress has their sample sale on from 21st July, all dresses £500 and under...and they have an outlet section on their website too http://gobridal.com/

Have you looked at Alie Street/Monsoon/Debenhams/John Lewis /Quiz/Dorothy Perkins/Simply Be/Missguided/Next etc for their bridal ranges? Just trying to list everywhere I can think of, though I'm sure you've been all over them already!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

I’ve message oh and he’s agreed we’ll go to Hobbycraft so thank you for the push- it’s just frustrating trying to use small suppliers and they’re so slow/unresponsive. I really do want to shop small but given the invitations and the dress, I wonder haha.

oooh I’ll have a look- I’m Derby based but going to Gloucestershire this weekend (where I’m from) for a sample sale. I’m quite happy to travel to gwt the dress. I’m so short is part of the problem! Definitely not straight off the peg- I’m quite open minded to any style though.

thank you so much for your support- I’m so over this wedding lark! But I know others have it worse, so grateful to have things in my control

Bridezilla

Bless you, I've had a similar problem with my photographer, been trying to pay him the deposit for a month and he's just so unresponsive!

Most people are just going to throw the envelope in the bin and keep the invite anyway, so I wouldn't stress about them.

Fingers crossed you find a dress, and if not, there's always Wed2B if necessary. I'm short and recommend buying a dress with a plain skirt near the hem - mine has loads of lace applique and it's going to cost a fortune to alter as they have to unpick it all, shorten the dress then sew it back on again. If my skirt was plain  it would be so much cheaper!

Bridezilla

AND BREATHE...

Went to Hobbycraft yesterday for envelopes- put all invitations together today and will be in the post tomorrow- we've given people a heads up this are a bit close but people are well aware we're getting married. 

The dress- I posted on a facebook group yesterday as a desperate cry for help and I went to see a seamstress today who was amazing. She confirmed my dress was sub standard and pointed out loads of errors I hadn't noticed- on top of my issues. She works as a seamstress for one of the best bridal shops in my area Mon-Thurs and is setting up her own business to make dresses after making some for friends an her own, earlier this year. 

I've planned to go dress shopping Sunday, trying to clear the air and see how I feel about the design of my original dress. The seamstress is happy to start my dress again or alter something if I find something in a shop but she was so so good and nice, and has given me such confidence again. 

I've drafted a letter for my original dressmaker too as email is getting me nowhere...

BUT THINGS ARE ON THE WAY UP (Fingers crossed England win tomorrow ey!)

p.s thank you so much for all your support, sorry for my whinging over the last few weeks!

Bridezilla

YAY - so glad to hear you've found a seamstress who sounds like she knows what she's talking to - hopefully you will feel settled with a dress very soon xx

And whoop for sending the invites out

Hope you have a lovely chilled weekend xx

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/intimate-villa-cyprus-wedding---october-2018/432750.html

https://uk.pinterest.com/ruththomas1979/here-comes-the-bride/

Bridezilla

ruthie1979 wrote (see post):

YAY - so glad to hear you've found a seamstress who sounds like she knows what she's talking to - hopefully you will feel settled with a dress very soon xx

And whoop for sending the invites out

Hope you have a lovely chilled weekend xx

Thank you! Everything feels like it’s going the right way again! I hope you’ve had a lot lovely weekend too (:

Bridezilla

Dress shopping- Take two

I’m going dress shopping again today- didn’t think I’d be doing this again. I was hoping my grandma might have been able to come as she won’t make the wedding. 

She‘s got terminal cancer and has been very up and down and unfortunately the last few days she’s been very bad ): going to take lots of pictures and show her. Just feels like another kick in the teeth as she’d have loved to have seen me in my dress- another kick in the teeth for someone advertising themselves for something when they’re completely incompetent. 

However- looking forward to having a nice girly day with my Mum in my hometown in the sun! 

P.s Had another look at my dress last night and every time I look, it’s even worse than I thought.