Your planning threads

The 'subtly us' wedding

41 to 60 of 365 posts

Bridezilla

This morning's DIY attempt!

Obviously need more practice but would love to have some of our favourite 'love song' lyrics (mostly pop punk) on the side plates. Just one of my ideas on the 'subtly us' theme...half the guests won't know they're lyrics let alone who the artist/what the song is๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Bridezilla

In the last few months a lot has happened

I went dress shopping, and tried on a lot of dresses...

But none of them were quite right...I couldn't shake 'the dress' from my head that I'd seen on the internet. I was convinced that the Maggie Sottero Deidre dress was the one and called lots of stores until I could find one near my size. 

I tried it on and loved most of it...but I really wasn't keen on the skirt overlay. Lots of internet browsing later and I'm going down the bespoke route. At only 5'1, dress shopping was much better than I thought it was going to be and dresses being too far away from my size was the challenge. Even being pinned, I found it hard to grasp what it would really look like. 

Overall dress shopping was a pleasant experience and I'm glad I took the opportunity to take both my Mum and R's Mum. 

Wedding addict

Just found your thread and I am absolutely loving your plans so far especially your colour scheme. It’ll look stunning I’m sure. I was so apprehensive about dress shopping I almost went bespoke but I found the right store makes it less stressful.

Look forward to reading more :)

Bridezilla

MrsM2018 wrote (see post):

Just found your thread and I am absolutely loving your plans so far especially your colour scheme. It’ll look stunning I’m sure. I was so apprehensive about dress shopping I almost went bespoke but I found the right store makes it less stressful.

Look forward to reading more :)

Ah thank you- do you have a planning thread?

I went to one particularly lovely store (the last dress sequinned dress), but I was so torn between wanting something 'cool' and it being a once in a lifetime thing...I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a jumpsuit, if only I could get married twice...

Bespoke is my attempt at having my own way, without sacrificing the 'classic' bride

Wedding addict

Hi Sian, no planning thread. I can't even keep a diary so I know I wouldn't update regularly haha

Love the idea of a jumpsuit, I was toying with getting one made for my reception, but it would break H2B's heart. You could always stay a traditional bride for the ceremony and then change into something cooler, but that is another expense :s

Bridezilla

MrsM2018 wrote (see post):

Hi Sian, no planning thread. I can't even keep a diary so I know I wouldn't update regularly haha

Love the idea of a jumpsuit, I was toying with getting one made for my reception, but it would break H2B's heart. You could always stay a traditional bride for the ceremony and then change into something cooler, but that is another expense :s

I am terrible at keeping everything updated on this thread...I'm the same, I do want classic bride but I see shoots etc with jumpsuits and fall in love all over, I'm umming and ahhing whether to have a change!

Bridezilla

Kaybridetobe wrote (see post):

Just caught up on all your plans :) out of interest who have you gone with to make your dress? I was also looking at the bespoke route x

I found someone locally at a wedding fayre, it worked out comparable cost to what I was looking at in shops and I can have exactly what I want.

Bridezilla

In the last 10 days, I’ve done some shopping, including rose gold cutlery,slate placements, napkins and shoes. 

We’re hoping for this kind of look...sourcing trestle tables is high on the list! 

And I couldn’t miss the opportunity for a show flash- its not everyday you get married, so I’m having two pairs haha

Bridezilla

Loving your jewel coloured wedding theme and am massively jealous that you can have naked flames.

A bespoke wedding dress sounds really interesting. I haven't read that yet on the forum. Did you end up asking your mum if you can use the material of her dress. I honestly think it's a really nice idea.

Love slate place mats with copper cutlery.

Bridezilla

DandelionBlue wrote (see post):

Loving your jewel coloured wedding theme and am massively jealous that you can have naked flames.

A bespoke wedding dress sounds really interesting. I haven't read that yet on the forum. Did you end up asking your mum if you can use the material of her dress. I honestly think it's a really nice idea.

Love slate place mats with copper cutlery.

Unfortunately her dress had gone yellow in storage, such a shame as she unboxed it for the first time in 30 years ): Makes me wonder what to do with mine after the wedding

Bridezilla

We visited our venue and met our photographer for an engagement shoot earlier this week. All in all a successful trip and a sunny few days in Cornwall (even though it was grey and moody for the shoot). Can’t believe we’re getting married in such a beautiful part of the world, so here’s a few cheeky iPhone photos!

These are a few of the photos of our engagement shoot that the photographer has sent over and we get the rest after Easter but safe to say we’re happy with our photographer choice! 

Bridezilla

Yesterday’s pick up was an Italian Style Tea Trolley which  will have our cake on and use as a treats table in the evening. These are just a few pictures from the ebay listing (my thread should probably be called My Big Fat Ebay wedding haha).

We also visited my Grandma a few days ago and she has lent us the cake knife she and my grandad used for their wedding cake and my parents used for theirs! I didn’t know this existed and I am so happy to be able to use something that’s passed through the family! My grandad was a massive part of my life and will be missed dearly from the wedding, even though it will have been nearly 10 years since he passed.

Now keenly looking for a cake stand to pull it all together!

Bridezilla

WOW that is awesome! Love it - I do love a good eBay find!! xx

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/intimate-villa-cyprus-wedding---october-2018/432750.html

https://uk.pinterest.com/ruththomas1979/here-comes-the-bride/

Bridezilla

I absolutely love ebay! Picked up 118 more jars to add to the 100odd we have for spares (not sure how many people I think are coming to the wedding) and some led candles for the bookshelves of the venue. 

I want to get cracking with our wedding website this weekend, but not sure what to use- I was thinking of the one that links to prezola where our giftlist will be (name escapes me now). 
Ive also bought some bar essentials..
Andddd started the wedding diet! I have about a stone to lose, and a lot of toning up to do- operation fit wife is go! 
ruthie1979 wrote (see post):

WOW that is awesome! Love it - I do love a good eBay find!! xx

Bridezilla

All your plans sound lovely, you have done so well hunting out all your bargains! Love your engagement shots too.

Bridezilla

So many things to catch up on!

The trellis in your living room looks amazing. Can you come to my venue and do the same ;)

Your engagement shoot looks amazing. Such a beautiful location and your pictures are exactly like I hope ours will turn out to be.

Such a cool tea trolley too. I'll say it again, I am in love with your style :)

Bridezilla

Hey!

I don't know how I've missed your thread but now I have finally read it! Loving your plans. I laughed at your picture posing with your sandwich as he hadn't popped the question hehe!! I love the way you write, you sound like good fun :)

The proposal was lovely, I know what you mean about how lovely and private it was, we love to escape on a walk and not see anyone for hours.

Looking forward to reading more!