Your planning threads

The 'subtly us' wedding

41 to 49 of 49 posts

Wedding addict

In the last few months a lot has happened

I went dress shopping, and tried on a lot of dresses...

But none of them were quite right...I couldn't shake 'the dress' from my head that I'd seen on the internet. I was convinced that the Maggie Sottero Deidre dress was the one and called lots of stores until I could find one near my size. 

I tried it on and loved most of it...but I really wasn't keen on the skirt overlay. Lots of internet browsing later and I'm going down the bespoke route. At only 5'1, dress shopping was much better than I thought it was going to be and dresses being too far away from my size was the challenge. Even being pinned, I found it hard to grasp what it would really look like. 

Overall dress shopping was a pleasant experience and I'm glad I took the opportunity to take both my Mum and R's Mum. 

Wedding addict

Just found your thread and I am absolutely loving your plans so far especially your colour scheme. It’ll look stunning I’m sure. I was so apprehensive about dress shopping I almost went bespoke but I found the right store makes it less stressful.

Look forward to reading more :)

Wedding addict

MrsM2018 wrote (see post):

Just found your thread and I am absolutely loving your plans so far especially your colour scheme. It’ll look stunning I’m sure. I was so apprehensive about dress shopping I almost went bespoke but I found the right store makes it less stressful.

Look forward to reading more :)

Ah thank you- do you have a planning thread?

I went to one particularly lovely store (the last dress sequinned dress), but I was so torn between wanting something 'cool' and it being a once in a lifetime thing...I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a jumpsuit, if only I could get married twice...

Bespoke is my attempt at having my own way, without sacrificing the 'classic' bride

Wedding addict

Hi Sian, no planning thread. I can't even keep a diary so I know I wouldn't update regularly haha

Love the idea of a jumpsuit, I was toying with getting one made for my reception, but it would break H2B's heart. You could always stay a traditional bride for the ceremony and then change into something cooler, but that is another expense :s

Wedding addict

MrsM2018 wrote (see post):

Hi Sian, no planning thread. I can't even keep a diary so I know I wouldn't update regularly haha

Love the idea of a jumpsuit, I was toying with getting one made for my reception, but it would break H2B's heart. You could always stay a traditional bride for the ceremony and then change into something cooler, but that is another expense :s

I am terrible at keeping everything updated on this thread...I'm the same, I do want classic bride but I see shoots etc with jumpsuits and fall in love all over, I'm umming and ahhing whether to have a change!