Your planning threads

Simple, elegant and romantic.. our August 2019 wedding.

41 to 60 of 72 posts

Bridezilla

Cake Topper

Another random purchase that we’ve made over the past month is the cake topper. Neither M or I really like the standard Mr and Mrs signs that came up on a lot of the sites I had looked on but I found this one on not on the highstreet. We both really liked the look of this one and I knew I’d get a kick out of seeing my new surname on the day. So it’s currently sitting and waiting for me at work as I haven’t been in for the last week or so, I’m itching to see it. I’ve ordered it in a frosted raspberry colour - fingers crossed it’s not too gaudy. I‘ll post a photo of our personalised one when I finally get my hands on it.

Bridezilla

Aisle Music

Finally managed to find a string version for All I Ask if You (Phantom of the Opera) and I’m so happy! I couldn’t seem to find any version that didn’t have the lyrics and was calm and classic. I knew there was nothing else that I would want to walk down the aisle too - it’s perfect!

Although now my debate is how long it needs to be 😩 There needs to enough time for two flower girls, five bridesmaids and me! The version I have is just under 4 and a half minutes, anybody have any ideas on if this is too long and are you planning on cutting down your music?

Bridezilla

Third Time's The Charm..

This bloody cake topper was becoming the bane of my life! I ordered my cake topper a couple of weeks ago and I've finally received my order in tact and correct!

The first one that was sent was broken during delivery - which totally wasn't the company's fault but was some what irritating. I emailed them asap and they agreed to remake the topper and send it out to me asap.

Then the remake turned up with completely the wrong personalisation  The order I had placed was for it to say ' The Drapers' but this one turned up with 'Mr and Mrs Drapers'. I've had an awful few weeks and this tiny thing seemed to be the straw that broke the camels back as they say, and tears were shed. So silly and insignificant but given what I've been going through, I think it's allowed. If it didn't say Drapers then I probably would have left it but it just didn't make sense. The surname is Draper and everyone at the wedding would know that, so it wasn't an option to leave it. And to be honest, after spending £35 (ridiculous for what it is, I know!)  I wanted I had ordered.

The company have been really good and accommodating about it all even though it must be frustrating on their end too. But I received my perfect cake topper today and it looks so good! So happy with it. I'll post a pic later.

Bridezilla

First Dance

We’ve decided on our first dance song! My H2B is pretty random with his music taste so I knew it would be difficult to narrow it down and pick. I wanted romantic whereas he liked more upbeat - I personally didn’t want to go too upbeat as I think it would be expected to have a full on choreographed routine!

So, a compromise has been made and it’s one of his favourite songs but acoustic. I love it and it’s perfect and H2B adores it too!

I get goosebumps thinking about it

Boyce Avenue - Time after Time

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tpm_kITevv0

Bridezilla

Bridal Hair

I’ve been searching for ages to find the perfect hair style for my dress. There’s a lot of detail at the top so I don’t want my hair down and covering it. This style is perfect - sleek but not too prim. I’m conscious of parts fall out during the day and so I wanted a hair style that it wouldn’t look too obvious if bits to come out etc. It goes perfectly with the elegance of the day and my dress!

Bridezilla

Centrepieces 

This is my inspiration for wedding centre piece. I was looking through instagram for posts from my venue and the florist they use and these came up. It’s exactly the colours I want and plenty of green! I think they look so romantic and gorgeous and will make a lovely pop of colour in the room!

Bridezilla

FutureMrsDraper wrote (see post):

Aisle Music

Finally managed to find a string version for All I Ask if You (Phantom of the Opera) and I’m so happy! I couldn’t seem to find any version that didn’t have the lyrics and was calm and classic. I knew there was nothing else that I would want to walk down the aisle too - it’s perfect!

Although now my debate is how long it needs to be 😩 There needs to enough time for two flower girls, five bridesmaids and me! The version I have is just under 4 and a half minutes, anybody have any ideas on if this is too long and are you planning on cutting down your music?

I cut Music - there’s a program called audacity that I use :) it’s quite easy to use 

I’m having Music of the Night from phantom for my walking down the aisle 

Bridezilla

My thread should hopefully start seeing more action in the next few months - we're almost at the year mark and I have no idea where the time has gone and a mountain of things to do!

Hair Accessories

I've finally got my mojo back for wedding planning and what better way to start it off than with bridal accessories.

I setup an Etsy account and it's heaven. I found DaisyChainsUK and the hair vines are so simple and elegant. I've ordered the silver wire with pearl, see below pic. It works so well with my dress and I am planning to have a similar hairstyle as on the picture, it's nice to see it in situ. It's 8 inches (not entirely sure if that's too long!) and cost £22 incl. shipping, I am happy with that.

I am planning to have some gyp in the flowers so it will tie in nicely, I toyed with the idea of having flowers in my hair but it just isn't me. I thought this is a lovely compromise.

Bridezilla

Cake

Following my completely illogical timeline... now we move on to cake!

M and I never realised fully how expensive wedding cakes can be, it's ridiculous. We don't really want to pay out a steep amount for something people will look at and think 'that's lovely' and nothing more. Plus its only going to be cut up and devoured. We're pretty sure we are going to plump for an M&S cake, they're beautiful and from what I've seen/read, delicious too. The one we are going to buy is..

Image 3

Obviously this will be done much closer to the time and we'll have to keep our fingers crossed until then that they don't get rid of it. It's everything I want from a cake looks wise. If we'd ordered a bespoke one, it would have been ended up looking very similar. Just have to diarise it now so that it's ordered in time for the wedding.

Bridezilla

Bridesmaids Dresses

So, I have been keeping my eye out for bridesmaids dresses for a while. I know that if I want summery dresses, then they need to be bought soon as there wouldn’t be enough time next year before the wedding. I’ve been checking all the webites I could think of for ages, but they all were crazy prices. As I have five BMs, a low price was necessary.

I‘ve been thinking that I either wanted cream or apricot for the dresses. These are the colours that go best with the colour scheme we’ve picked, whilst avoiding blush. Nothing wrong with blush but we want pink as an accent. I’m not overly keen on the colour and I have noticed it crop up a lot lately. 

During one of my daily BM dress scouting sessions online, I found Debenhams have an up to 70% sale on... including BM dresses!

I found this dress on there..

It’s labelled as pale yellow but they looked more cream to me. The dresses were down from £99 to £27... I couldn’t leave them! I managed to get the variety of sizes I needed. They’ve already arrived and they’re stunning and I’m over the moon I managed to get all five for the the equivalent to one and a half at standard price!

Bridezilla

Flowers

One of my oldest friends and BMs has just finished her floristry training so I’m very lucky that she’s able to do my bouquets/button holes. She’s kindly offered to do this as our wedding gift. The venue have included our centrepieces in the package. So as far as flowers are concerned, thankfully we’re not having to pay out a crazy amount.

For ideas 

My bouquet...

M’s Buttonhole...

Bridesmaids...

Centre Pieces (with added apricot and cream colours too)...

The centrepiece photo I found on Instagram and the wedding was at my venue. The fireplace is in the reception and wedding breakfast hall. 

Bridezilla

Just binge-read your whole thread 😂!

It all sounds and looks gorgeous:) I'm August 2019 too (3rd! A week before you) and I was feeling quite smug about being organised early until I found yours! 

Love your colours and the venue looks stunning :)

Cecilia x

My planning thread : http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/relaxed-summer-wedding-in-the-chilterns/454084.html

Wedding addict

I’ve just read your whole thread! Loving your ideas for EveryThing!

I just wanted to say I’m staying at your venue next week for H2b birthday and I can’t wait absolutely love staying around the New Forest 

you are so organised too! Xx

Bridezilla

Thank Cecilia and MrsF! I am surprised you managed to keep reading through my ramblings 😂

let me know your thoughts on the venue afterwards MrsF, it’s be nice to hear about the service and everything from someone impartial 😊

I keep having mini meltdowns about how much is left to do! I would say that I’ll be glad when it’s over, but I am sure I’d miss it x