Your planning threads

Our Sussex Barn Wedding - July 2018wed

141 to 160 of 182 posts

Bridezilla

I have a million important wedding things to do, but instead I've just purchased THESE! 

My fiance has no choice and has to use his at the airport on the way to our honeymoon 😂

Bridezilla

Three weeks to go!!

Oh wow, girls, we get married three weeks today!! It's only just starting to sink in how soon it actually is! Getting super excited, but just trying to make sure everything is in order and we have all those last bits! 

Pyjamas

I bought myself these pjs from B by Ted Baker at Debenhams, along with this matching robe, and I have to say I love them! I wanted some cute pjs as I'm still unsure on the sexy undies thing (I will be having purely practical Bridget jones pants under my dress, and I don't think I'll have the energy/can be bothered to change into anything on the wedding night. Plus chances are we'll be so knackered we'll fall straight asleep! So I thought these would be a nice half way point - something a little bit slinky but can also be used as sleepwear! I've never hung up pyjamas as carefully as I've hung these up! 

Hobbycraft! 

I am obsessed! I went on the website to have a look and ended up with so much stuff! Got us some tea lights and tea light holders amongst other bits, plus these light up letters! 

(Fyi, both our initials are C, so we have two C letters and an & sign!)

The evening before! 

The evening before our wedding we're planning on having an early-ish dinner at this beautiful country pub nearby our venue with a few family and friends! They've let us reserve an area, but we are hoping for glorious sunshine so we can sit outside in these lovely gardens they have! 

I'm preparing for a bit of a hectic day getting stuff ready so it will be nice to relax and unwind with my favourite people! 

To do list!

so left on the to do list is:

Sort table names 

Guest book - we are wanting a Polaroid one so this needs some thought! 

Get my dad to pick up my dress (I don't want it hanging around in our flat with my fiancé in case he stumbles across it!) 

Get a tablecloth for our glitter table (possibly my favourite element of the wedding! Glitteeerrrr!)

Take lots of bits and pieces home to my mum and dad's the weekend before so it's all in one place.

Get my nails done, spray tan, eyelashes (appointments all booked for the week leading up to the wedding!) 

Make sure everyone has a place name - we are doing personalised polaroid place settings, so I need to get a few more pics of everyone! 

I cant believe how quickly it's all come around and I'm starting to feel the excitement/nerves now! Eeeeeee! 

Bridezilla

Sian91 wrote (see post):

Ah not long now! Sounds like it’s all coming together nicely- the beer gardens are lovely! Fingers crossed the weather stays like this (maybe not quite as hot) for your wedding- I’m also invested because it’s the same day as my birthday haha! 

Eeee thanks Sian! Weather like this would be lovely! Fingers crossed! Maybe a little bit cooler though as you say haha! Trying not to get stressed about the weather haha 😂 Hope you have a lovely birthday too! All the best things are happening on the 22nd 😉

Bridezilla

18 Days To Go! 

So with just over two weeks to go, the final preparations are really happening now! I had a lovely time today bagging up my bridesmaids thank you gifts, in each bag is a little hand mirror personalised with their initial, a silver and pearl bracelet (in the little gift boxes!) and a mini bottle of prosecco, along with a card. We also now have a schedule for the morning getting ready, and I'm actually starting to understand how we can get six bridesmaids and a bride ready before 2pm! My hair and make up artist is a total dream and has put together a schedule to make it happen!

The dress is being picked up by my dad either tomorrow or Friday! And I am making many lists to organise everything we still need to do! Most things now are on the day logistics, so I'm hoping it's all coming together! 

Bridezilla

Would I be able to see your hair/makeup schedule? I’m marrying at 2pm and there is 6 of us needing to be done as well as a Flowergirl.

Bridezilla

MrsHowgate2B wrote (see post):

Would I be able to see your hair/makeup schedule? I’m marrying at 2pm and there is 6 of us needing to be done as well as a Flowergirl.

Of course! My make up lady did two, one without an assistant and one with. In the end, we‘ve gone for the assistant, it’s an extra cost but we think worth it for a slightly more chilled vibe! Totally doable without though.

Just to point out too, only 5 of the six are having make up done, my sister is having hair done by the hair and make up lady, and the others are having theirs done by my sister in law who is good at hair! She’s coming along to do hair at the same times. Also, we have to move to our venue at 12 midday so that eats a bit into our times! Here are the two schedules, the first is without an assistant and the second is with :) I hope that all makes sense! It’s a bit of a headache haha! 

Bridezilla

Thank you! I am just worried that 30-45 minutes for hair and makeup isn’t that long especially for the bride. I was expecting at least 1-2 hours 😞. I might have to ask my hair/makeup person to give me 2 timelines like yours has and decide whether I want an assistant or not. The budget is non existent now.

Bridezilla

MrsHowgate2B wrote (see post):

Thank you! I am just worried that 30-45 minutes for hair and makeup isn’t that long especially for the bride. I was expecting at least 1-2 hours 😞. I might have to ask my hair/makeup person to give me 2 timelines like yours has and decide whether I want an assistant or not. The budget is non existent now.

Hmm yeah, it's so hard. We agonised over an assistant too as much like you, the budget is dwindling! But actually it might be worth it to just feel a bit more relaxed in the morning and avoid people getting stressed! Good luck with whatever you decide :) x

Bridezilla

Jewellery dilemmas...

So I have this beautiful bracelet which matches some detail on my dress, and I was so excited to wear. However, at my fitting, it kept catching on the lace of my dress, my delicate blossom and bluebird veil! I'm just concerned about the damage potential! 

My SIL to be has offered me hers to borrow, which is lovely, and could be my something borrowed! But I'm being super picky in that the darker beads just don't go with the rest of my accessories. Cue overthinking over here! Here's a pic of the one I could borrow.

I wouldnt wear the earrings btw as I have some that match my necklace. 

Do I risk the original one tearing the dress or veil, go with SIL's one or look for something else? Decisions! 

Bridezilla

Picking up the dress! 

The dress has been picked up and is currently on its way to my parents’ house with my lovely dad! I can’t believe it’s my actual wedding dress and we finally have it to take home! 

I‘ve also received through the post my weddng clutch! This was another Etsy find, and it has my new married initials monogrammed onto the front. I went for a gold shimmer colour rather than an ivory “bridal” colour as I wanted to get use out of it after the wedding. I’m looking forward to taking it to future weddings as a guest! 

The picture is a tad fuzzy, but there‘s a gold “CT” at the top! 

Bridezilla

Congrats on getting your dress!

I just wouldn't wear a bracelet if I were you.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

YAYYYYY for picking up the dress - I bet things feel so real now!!

How exciting. LOVE your clutch too and good idea about not going for 'bridal ivory' - you will get much more use out of a sparkly one. 

If you're not sure about the bracelet don't wear it - we are allowed to be fussy on our wedding days! xxx

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/intimate-villa-cyprus-wedding---october-2018/432750.html

https://uk.pinterest.com/ruththomas1979/here-comes-the-bride/

Bridezilla

PS love the passport covers - this is exactly what I keep doing - buying random stuff instead of focusing on what really needs doing!

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/intimate-villa-cyprus-wedding---october-2018/432750.html

https://uk.pinterest.com/ruththomas1979/here-comes-the-bride/

Bridezilla

ruthie1979 wrote (see post):

YAYYYYY for picking up the dress - I bet things feel so real now!!

How exciting. LOVE your clutch too and good idea about not going for 'bridal ivory' - you will get much more use out of a sparkly one. 

If you're not sure about the bracelet don't wear it - we are allowed to be fussy on our wedding days! xxx

Thanks Ruthie! They are feeling scarily real!! And I still have things to sort! I'm glad you like the clutch too! Thank you! 

Yep I agree with you on the bracelet. It's so kind of SIL to offer and it's very pretty but I might be a bit fussy here! X

Bridezilla

So my ring has gone off to be cleaned! MiL took it up to Birmingham today as she was down visiting us - the ring came from the jewellery quarter and my OH's family are based nearer there. I can't wait to have it back all sparkly and new but my hand has never felt so naked!! 😂

Bridezilla

Nine days to go!

Soooo we are nine days away from the wedding! And we are both totally on edge! It's a weird feeling of nerves and excitement and feeling a bit sick, I can't really explain it! We're both feeling quite jittery! 

I've just ordered the polaroid refills for our guest book/board, and I think that's the last of the online orders to do! 

This weekend we're heading home to my parents' house to take all the wedding stuff down there and have a sort, and make a plan of action! My mum has already got the prosecco in for our pre-wedding visit (any excuse!) I also want to try my dress when I'm down there to make sure it's still fitting ok and so my mum can practise doing it up and tying the bustle. 

Feeling very real!!

Bridezilla

Shiny Sparkly Engagement Ring!

So my lovely mother in law to be took my ring back to the shop it came from in Birmingham Jewellery Quarter to get all spruced up! I won't have it back until I see her the day before the wedding, but she's just sent me a picture of it all shiny! 

Ta dah! Cannot wait to have it back on my finger, and then to have my new wedding ring to go with it! 

Bridezilla

Seven days to go!

Yesterday we officially hit the one week countdown! We headed home to my mum and dad's house to sort everything, and I'm feeling increasingly more calm as we get everything into place. Just a snapshot of wedding items here!