Your planning threads

Our Big Fat Foodie Wedding

621 to 640 of 654 posts

Bridezilla

MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

They look fab!

I asked about those specific shoes on here before but didn't buy, as I was advised they come up narrow and I have very wide feet - I'm having second thoughts now I've seen them on you!

Honestly, go for them. My feet are abnormally wide and shoes never fit me. I am not saying they are as wide as I would normally get but they are really comfy. 

Bridezilla

britbird wrote (see post):

It seems like there have been so many things happening recently.  As you will know, I was in the US for work.  I go out there a fair bit, but thankfully have not had to do it too much in the run up to the wedding. 

I was shopping in Macys randomly, and suddenly saw the new KEDS x kate spade New York shoes.    They had the silver ones, and I tried them on, fell in love…. Until I saw the cream ones.  I have massively wide feet, so was a bit worried about them fitting me, but they seem to, which is great.  They were a reasonable price as well, so I got them.  I am hoping they will look good with my dress.  I obviously whatsapp’d a pic to all the BMs and my Mum, and they all liked them!

Macys was quite a successful shop, as I then popped over to the jewellery section and found 3 necklace and earring sets, plus a bracelet.  They were all in the sale and so I got the shoes, 4 sets of earrings and necklaces (3 for the adult BMs and one for the flower girl) and then 3 bracelets for the BMs for a total of £167.00! Bargain!

I love those shoes!!! And the jewellery is gorgeous! It's even nicer because it's come all the way from the states it'll be a bit more unique :) 

Bridezilla

MrsBeehan thank you!  I was so pleased- I found some other jewellery in another store that I loved, but they only had 2 sets which was annoying ! Looking forward to your report by the way!  

New bride

I just love your shoes!!! So much so I just looked them up online but unfortunately at a cost of £80 I just can't afford them at the moment - still I've got a way to go yet so save a bit extra and you never know! Loving your thread :-) 

Bridezilla

Louise400 wrote (see post):

I just love your shoes!!! So much so I just looked them up online but unfortunately at a cost of £80 I just can't afford them at the moment - still I've got a way to go yet so save a bit extra and you never know! Loving your thread :-) 

Thank you.  I was lucky, and got them in the US, so they actually ended up coming up slightly cheaper.  I paid $85 which was about £65. but I have to confess, I would have ended up getting them anyway- they are just so lovely.  I need to start breaking them in soon 

Bridezilla

DandelionBlue wrote (see post):

Fabulous shoes and I also like your jewellery. Try it on with the dress though just to be sure.

Still in love with all the RSVPs you are getting.

Thanks DB.  The jewellery isn't for me- it is for the girls, and def works which is great.  I know, I am loving the RSVPs so much.  We still have a ton of people to reply though so hoping to get more

New bride

You RSVPs are fab, such a lovely idea! Just out of interest, how are you getting on the getting replies back in terms of how quickly people respond? Just sent mine out too and wondering what to expect...

Bridezilla

Autumn18 wrote (see post):

You RSVPs are fab, such a lovely idea! Just out of interest, how are you getting on the getting replies back in terms of how quickly people respond? Just sent mine out too and wondering what to expect...

Don't get me started 😂 I put an RSVP of 1st Aug. No idea why, should have been July. We are waiting for 106 day replies and 51 evenings! Some people are replying fast, others say verbally, others just don't say anything

Bridezilla

Music:

As some of you know, we have booked a String Quartet for the whole day, up until the evening.  We have spent the past few evenings going through their entire repetoire, deciding what to have music wise!  So far we have come up with the following:

Pre ceremony- classical only

Groom, Mums and Nan walk down aisle- TBC

Bridesmaids to walk down aisle- TBC

Emma to walk down the aisle- Pachelbel 

Signing of the register- Journey, don't stop Believin' (if possible)

Walking up the aisle- Grease, we go together (if possible)

Drinks reception- modern music 

Bride and groom entrance for breakfast- Food glorious food

During wedding breakfast- Mix of songs

Hoping they can do the 2 extras (Grease and Journey) as they are not on their list!  

Bridezilla

We’ve got a String Quartet also and they have said as long as they can get the music sheets for our 2 requests then we can have them 😁

Bridezilla

Love your music choices - Hope you quartet can learn the 2 new ones for you.

Bridezilla

Happy Friday!  

I have been thinking a bit about gifts this week.  We have a few people to get presents for starting with of course....

Mr R- I have got him a few little things already.  Firstly, a 25 year old bottle of rum.  He- a number of years ago- spent a month on a conservation project in Nicaragua.  When he was there he got massively into the local rum, Flor de Cana.  It used to be impossible to get over here, and I managed to source some and he was so happy.  Now it is a lot easier- a few places sell the standard one, but it is not cheap compared to over there.  He has been going on for ages about wanting the 25 year old reserve, but at £120 a bottle I kept putting him off, saying it was a lot of money.  Of course I went and got it for him for one of his wedding gifts.  I am then going to get him some Property of... boxers, an engraved hip flask, and he has asked for a pocket watch and chain- which I think will be part of his birthday present more than wedding.  Oh, and also engraved cufflinks.  I am not spending loads, as he won't wear them that much.  The final thing is a copy of Love Monkey, which is our reading.  It is out of print, so finding has not been overly easy.  

Hopefully that will be enough.  I am asking for some quite expensive jewellery!  Oh and a new Mulberry bag, but I don't think he will get me both 

Bridezilla

Ah your pressie ideas for hubby sound fab!!

I would love a Mulberry handbag as well!  My friend keeps sending my OH pics of the one that I want but to be fair I can't really expect him to spend that much. I don't think we are spending much on gifts, I've got him a groom box with property of boxers, engraved cufflinks with the wedding date, groom socks and an engraved pocket watch but nothing has cost very much.  Think I'm going to ask for some wedding day perfume and a new bracelet or something.

Your RSVP's are fab.  Have you had any normal ones or have they all been quirky?

Bridezilla

Kelly224 wrote (see post):

Ah your pressie ideas for hubby sound fab!!

I would love a Mulberry handbag as well!  My friend keeps sending my OH pics of the one that I want but to be fair I can't really expect him to spend that much. I don't think we are spending much on gifts, I've got him a groom box with property of boxers, engraved cufflinks with the wedding date, groom socks and an engraved pocket watch but nothing has cost very much.  Think I'm going to ask for some wedding day perfume and a new bracelet or something.

Your RSVP's are fab.  Have you had any normal ones or have they all been quirky?

Thanks Kelly!  It is always a difficult one on gifts.  The stupid thing is, I keep saying I will get the handbag and never do, and although Mr R keeps saying to me that if I want it to just buy it, I feel a bit guilty when we are spending so much on the wedding.  So in a way it wouldn't be a present as I will end up with it anyway!  I really like the groom boxes- I was thinking of getting one made in wood with our wedding date but not seen one I really love yet.  Perfume is def a good one.  I was thinking about that, but then Mr R got me some for my birthday, which has actually ended up being my wedding perfume.

We have had a few normal cards- I just haven't posted them.  We also have an online response and a few people have just done that.  I feel like they have let the side down by doing that   I do think we will get a fair few more unique and quirky ones.  A lot of people have promised to do one. 

Bridezilla

I love your grooms gifts. The rum looks amazing, and what a stunning box. The Edward Monkton stuff is so cute, too. I love the dinosaur one, I was tempted to have it but H2B veto'd it... 

I have two mulberrys, one from Brand Alley and one from a sample sale in London so I paid much less than in store for both. They are expensive but the quality and aftercare is incredible. The strap broke on my bayswater and I emailed them, they arrange a courier, pick it all up, repair it, changed the fastenings so they were all new, cleaned the leather, then couriered it back in a new dustbag and everything. 

Point him towards secretsales and brand alley! Mulberry also do a twice a year sale, in summer and at Christmas. H2B got me Mulberry pumps as a present when I qualified from the summer sale and they are still going strong. 

Bridezilla

OMG GinAndBling  I have read the Dinosaur one and LOVE it!  I want that one now as well.  Just sent it to Mr R.  Thanks for the idea!

I do always keep an eye on the Mulberry sale, but don't use Branda Alley or SS, so will sign up to both of those- thanks!  They have the Bayswater I want on sale, but not with a huge discount sadly.  I will def keep an eye out, and might just sod it and get myself one!  That really is amazing service, so totally worth it.