Your planning threads

Our August wedding in a vineyard - August 2018.

81 to 100 of 141 posts

Bridezilla

Test of the hearts with colour...

Bridezilla

Hen do

My hen do has been organised... 4/5th august.... I have no idea what is happening. Nothing. Should be interesting... 

My work are also holding me a pre wedding drinks on the 8th August. Which is really lovely and completely unexpected. 

I'm in two minds about the hen. I feel so grateful I have people in my life willing to organise this surprise for me. However I have a love hate relationship with surprises. I love them... unless I know there is a surprise then i get anxious about it. 

Bridezilla

I have the same issue with my hen do - i know the date but absolutely nothing else!  I gave my bridesmaid a list of people to invite but no idea who has said yes.  Whilst I love her for trying to keep me surprised I'm also like tell me now as I can't bear the suspense!!

Mine isn't until November so I have a while to go before I find out!

Bridezilla

I'm going to be involved in planning my hen do, I can't bear surprises!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

I'm going to be involved in planning my hen do, I can't bear surprises!

I was planning on being involved. 😅

Bridezilla

Kelly224 wrote (see post):

I have the same issue with my hen do - i know the date but absolutely nothing else!  I gave my bridesmaid a list of people to invite but no idea who has said yes.  Whilst I love her for trying to keep me surprised I'm also like tell me now as I can't bear the suspense!!

Mine isn't until November so I have a while to go before I find out!

I'm kind of glad I'll only have to wait a couple of months. I know one of the girls on my list can't make it as she messaged to apologies. The rest are a complete mystery. In my head I imagine just three people turning up. (FMIL, FSIL and bridesmaid). 

Bridezilla

All your plans look lovely, Hope you get your tooth sorted soon, Toothache is horrid,

Don't stress about your hen, the people organising are going to want you to have a fab time, just try and relax about the surprise element!

Bridezilla

I keep getting comments from people like 'oh I've bought my waterproof shoes, ha ha' which is making me paranoid about what we are going to be doing!  I'm sure I'll love it but I would rather know in advance!!

I haven't had any of that luckily... but I can understand you wanting to know.  Especially if you need to buy waterproof shoes! 😁

Bridezilla

MrsS85 wrote (see post):

All your plans look lovely, Hope you get your tooth sorted soon, Toothache is horrid,

Don't stress about your hen, the people organising are going to want you to have a fab time, just try and relax about the surprise element!

Thank you! ❤ Luckily I have managed (about an hour or so ago) to get a cancelled consultation on June 11th. So fingers crossed that I can get it dealt with sooner! 

Bridezilla

Fiona98 wrote (see post):

I keep getting comments from people like 'oh I've bought my waterproof shoes, ha ha' which is making me paranoid about what we are going to be doing!  I'm sure I'll love it but I would rather know in advance!!

I haven't had any of that luckily... but I can understand you wanting to know.  Especially if you need to buy waterproof shoes! 😁

apparently i dont need to worry, everything will be sorted for me!  

Bridezilla

Wedding is taking over my house

Anyone else in this predicament? My and OH live in a one bed flat. We had several carrier bags to one side of our living room until this week... 

Now we have a large canvas for our seating plan and the easel, and a large bag with 10 vases in our bedroom. 

And to add to everything in our lounge we now have a big box delivery from hobby Craft with all the last bits for decorations. Including 10 papermache chests. :/ 

It's just seems to be everywhere. I get stressed with mess and it feels like a massive mess in the house 😓

Bridezilla

Yep!  We have quite a big house, and have 2 lofts,  Both have a lot of my wedding stuff in there.  Then we have the large double bedroom which has about 20 boxes of prosecco, beer, and other bits in.  And I am nowhere near finished!

Bridezilla

britbird wrote (see post):

Yep!  We have quite a big house, and have 2 lofts,  Both have a lot of my wedding stuff in there.  Then we have the large double bedroom which has about 20 boxes of prosecco, beer, and other bits in.  And I am nowhere near finished!

I'm glad we don't need to sort the alcohol etc ourselves or we wouldn't be able to move! I'm going to attempt to organise it a bit today whilst OH is at work!. 

Bridezilla

I feel for you. We are in a 2 bed house, but we have a son so no spare room. Our shed, bedroom and attic are all crammed with stuff, and we still have a year to go!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

Engagement shoot

So around Wednesday last week me and OH started to feel I'll  (sore throats) we knew we had caught it off his daughter the previous Sunday. She recovered within a week and had seen a doctor with no medication issued etc. So we weren't too worried. 

Come Sunday however... I was in so much pain I could barely eat or drink and pain killers weren't helping. I hadn't slept for 3 days (maybe 5 hours in total). My OH was also in quite a bad way as well... tonsils very very swollen. So we went to a and e. Whilst in a and e I began to develop a rash all over my face and chest and neck. 

So turns out he had sever tonsilitus and I had early stage scarlet fever..... 

... our engagement shoot was scheduled for monday!! 

We decided to go ahead with it anyway because after some sleep and much stronger pain killers from the doctor we could power through. The rash on my neck/face went down by the end of sunday with the antibiotics and the one on my chest i could cover with dress/hair. 

It was a lot of fun. We went to Hampstead heath. Below is our sneak peak picture. ♡ Im so glad we went ahead with it because we would have been unlikely to fit it in if we hadnt as we have no more holiday together until the wedding!

Bridezilla

I'm glad we don't need to sort the alcohol etc ourselves or we wouldn't be able to move! I'm going to attempt to organise it a bit today whilst OH is at work!. 

LOL I am just glad I am resisting drinking it all! 

Bridezilla

LOL I am just glad I am resisting drinking it all! 

Haha I can imagine... especially when wedding stress takes over 😂

Bridezilla

I am picking up my dress today!!!

Squee!!! So excited feels very very real now!! I'm going to be putting on my actual dress 😍😍

In other news I was supposed to have my hair and make up trial tomorrow but they cancelled yesterday with no real explanation why. I googled the company again and there has been a recent (since I booked them) spat of them cancelling last min or not turning up to appointments (not wedding ones but still). 

They asked for other dates and I still don't have a rearranged date. So I'm tempted to hunt around for another hair and make up person just incase. I'm not sure I could put up with the stress of wondering if they will or won't cancel. :/ 

Bridezilla

We had all our shots back yesterday. Our photographer said 4 weeks and did it in just over a week. So happy with them!!