Your planning threads

October 2018 - An Unconventional London Wedding

541 to 560 of 563 posts

Bridezilla

It's so weird. The closer the wedding gets the more chilled out I'm getting. I genuinely have no nerves. A and I were talking about the wedding last night and he feels exactly the same. I don't know whether it's because I'm now past caring (lol) or because I know I'm marrying the right person and that's all that really matters. I feel quite zen, which is a weird experience for me!

I bought A his wedding gifts yesterday. I had a hard time with this as he's not really a hipflask or cufflinks guy. He also never wears a watch, so it would be a huge waste getting him one.

I decided on an engraved buffalo leather wallet:

Some dumb space socks (since his mum died he always complains that no one buys him socks anymore):

and as he's a massive nerd, a Warhammer board game that he's been pining over but I told him was too expensive (it's £80!!! which is ridiculous for a board game).

So we have one sensible present, and two not so sensible ones.  

Oh and I forgot, I also ordered this extremely cheesy wedding card :D

New bride

I know exactly what you mean about feeling chilled the closet things get!! I can't believe it's so close now time seems to be flying by.

I love that wedding card and the gifts you've got for your other half. 

Bridezilla

I love that cheesy card!

I'm feeling pretty chill also, though I still have a month left so am sure the stress will ramp up again soon!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/newcastle-wedding-november-2018/454464.html

Bridezilla

The wallet arrived last night and it's lovely. I love how distressed it looks. It smells great too but then I love the smell of leather.

Speaking of smells, I'm still trying to figure out a wedding scent. I'm a huge perfume snob and also massively into masculine scents. I love smoky, woody, spicy, leathery scents like Terre De Hermes, Oud Wood and Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford. I also really like incense heavy scents like Avignon by CDG (I basically want to smell either like a sweaty cowboy or a catholic church).  Oud Wood is my fragrance that I reach for the most. But I'm thinking it might be too masculine for a wedding day?

Then the other part of me is why change the way that I smell for my wedding? I get so many compliments when I wear Oud Wood (Hilariously A got chased around a shopping mall by a woman once - she thought he was wearing it, but it was me) that part of me thinks I should just go for it?

What is everyone else wearing - what sort of smell are you going for?

New bride

I went and spent way too much at jo malone haha (got matching body wash and cream and separate scent - apparently it's all about layering ... Who knew!).

I can't remember the exact ones I picked but its a lovely warm, earthy, autumnal scent. I'm not a big one for fancy perfume usually but wanted something special that when I wear in the future I link with the wedding. 

Bridezilla

Your wedding card has really tickled me! Wallet is a great idea too, I do love a monogram. I am the opposite though and balk at the smell of leather!!

For perfume I can’t decide. I’ve never really had one signature perfume I chop and change! I do quite love this though as I’ll then smell one in a shop or maybe spray a tiny bit in an old bottle and instantly am reminded of a certain period in my life, or a particular holiday etc. I often don’t wear perfume to airports so I can find one from the past and sit and reminisce on the flight!

I have worn Hermes Elixir de Merveilles for a couple of years now as a going out perfume and love it and H2B loves it on me. Its a sort of heavy woody citrus which sounds the opposite of somethig I would think I’d love but it’s gorgeous on. I also really love the Hermes Rhubarb and Mandarin colognes and wear them often but find they don’t last particularly well which is a bloomin’ shame given they’re not cheap. I am hoping I can find something both of us love on me with the Jo Malone route so that I can layer it up with cream etc to make it last. If you wear one perfume consistently though then I think it’s nice to wear it as you’ll smell like you, but as I change mine all the time I want something new and special.

Bridezilla

I really really want champaca absolute by Tom Ford,  am obsessed with it but it's so pricey.  Am dropping some heavy hints with him so hoping to get a tiny bottle as a wedding present!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/newcastle-wedding-november-2018/454464.html

Bridezilla

weatherwaxe wrote (see post):

The wallet arrived last night and it's lovely. I love how distressed it looks. It smells great too but then I love the smell of leather.

Speaking of smells, I'm still trying to figure out a wedding scent. I'm a huge perfume snob and also massively into masculine scents. I love smoky, woody, spicy, leathery scents like Terre De Hermes, Oud Wood and Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford. I also really like incense heavy scents like Avignon by CDG (I basically want to smell either like a sweaty cowboy or a catholic church).  Oud Wood is my fragrance that I reach for the most. But I'm thinking it might be too masculine for a wedding day?

Then the other part of me is why change the way that I smell for my wedding? I get so many compliments when I wear Oud Wood (Hilariously A got chased around a shopping mall by a woman once - she thought he was wearing it, but it was me) that part of me thinks I should just go for it?

I love woody, male scents too and always go for deep, musky smells. The Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka is beautiful and is unisex. We bought a bottle in Abu Dhabi on the way home from Australia in February and I love it because we can both share the smell. 

Bridezilla

Hullass1972 wrote (see post):
weatherwaxe wrote (see post):

I love woody, male scents too and always go for deep, musky smells. The Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka is beautiful and is unisex. We bought a bottle in Abu Dhabi on the way home from Australia in February and I love it because we can both share the smell. 

I love the smell of Myrrh and Tonka bean so this sounds heavenly. I love Jo Malone but for some reason it doesn't last five seconds on my skin. It's a constant source of irritation.

I think I'm going to go for my usual. It's the smell that my h2b associates with me and it has lots of good memories. I also have the Oud Wood body oil too so I'm going to layer it up.

Bridezilla

Our cake maker dropped round some icing samples today as she wanted to give us a number of options on the colour blue our cake is going to be. I genuinely love our baker - she's so thorough and has huge attention to detail. I love that she goes the extra mile. 

We're both currently leaning towards the top colour - the 50/50 mix. 

Things like this are completely crazy though - yet another wedding based decision that you never thought you'd have to make in a million years when you first started planning a wedding. 

Bridezilla

2.5 weeks to go and a little bit of wedding drama to test my zen like attitude. 

Firstly, I got my last haircut before the wedding and my hairdresser slipped when shaving my undercut back in and now I have a 2p sized bald patch behind my ear. EXCELLENT STUFF. 

I was very chill about it though and my hairdresser was SO apologetic. Currently praying to the hair gods that it'll grow back enough so that I can re-shave everything to the same length in about a weeks time. I think there's a high chance that it'll be completely fine. At least I'm not having an up-do! 

Secondly, my cousin and her 3 year old son can no longer come to the wedding. She didn't request the time off and she's a nurse and quelle surprise! She's rota'd in to work that weekend. 

I had a bit of a meltdown as we've LITERALLY JUST sent the table plan off to be printed. And we've paid everything off. A calmed me down though by saying we don't have to do the table plan again. If she doesn't make it those seats will just end up being empty on her table. She is still trying to get someone to cover her shifts, but who knows? She is genuinely gutted and knows she's messed up, which I guess makes it better. 

I am trying to maintain my chill, but I am sorely being tested at the moment. 

Bridezilla

I'm sure your hair will grow back in time, I don't think that will even be noticeable in a week!

Your husband is right, don't worry about the table plan - it would be worse if you got them taken off it and then she does manage to get the day off.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

Two weeks tomorrow everyone! I was lying in bed last night going 'how did it get so close'? I'm still amazed.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us. A needs to buy some shoes, we need to start making the favours and bottling them up and we need to start packing things into boxes and labelling them.

We just found out our wedding planner is on holiday the week before our wedding and only gets back the night before. It shouldn't be a problem and I trust her and her team but it's still a little nerve wracking!

A's suit waistcoat is still to come in and I still don't have my rings back from the jewellers. I'm also going in to pick my dress up next week from being altered. Fingers crossed it's fine. I haven't seen it in a month! I am expecting the worst so I'm not disappointed if it still needs further alterations.

Hen party is next weekend, and there may be the option to meet up with A and his stag do later on in the evening as we're both staying in London and both having ours on the same day. I really like the idea of that actually.

I have bought my outfit. It's not very traditionally hen party at all. But then I'm not very traditional. Also, it's a London hen and no one dresses up to go out in London, so going out in a tight dress and heels would be weird.

I've bought a pair of black coated jeans from Simply Be which are crazy flattering in a way that I didn't expect:

and I'm going to pair it with a black wrap top I bought from AX Paris. The whole look is something like this:

I also bought a pair of black flats from ASOS. Comfy and pretty!

Bridezilla

A;s suit is complete! We picked up his waistcoat today and bought wedding shoes from John Lewis. The finished look is great: 

We had a very productive wedding weekend. The favours are all done, all our crap is boxed up for transport to the venue and A's outfit is now completed. 

Also my hen party outfit is now finalised. The original top came and was dreadful, Completely see through and miles too small, I couldn't get my boobs into it. Bought another at Westfield today and it's much better. Channelling my inner Goth: 

Bridezilla

You both look fab!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

You look great, love the new top! 

Cecilia x

My planning thread : http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/relaxed-summer-wedding-in-the-chilterns/454084.html