Your planning threads

7th June 2018 - Our Country House Wedding

21 to 40 of 159 posts

Bridezilla

So today I got round to finally sorting out M’s presents for the morning of the wedding.

With some of our guests staying over and us all having breakfast together the following morning I wanted to get him something cheesy to wear - because if you can’t do it the day after your wedding, when can you!? So I got him this t-shirt with ‘hubby‘ on... I had pinned the matching ‘wifey’ one on my Pinterest board and he was having a look over my shoulder at it and asked when I would wear it so I said about my breakfast idea and I’m hoping he went and got one there & then, otherwise he’ll have forgotten by now!

Next was cufflinks (theyre in the little black box) Standard really. I would have loved to have got him some lovely meaningful ones but part of his marvel theme was to give each of the boys, him included, a marvel character and have the cufflinks/socks. He is Captain America. I’m literally rolling my eyes at this but hey, it’s his big day too! He’s got socks too in the same style of the other boys. He’s also got a bottle of his favourite beer and an engraved wooden bottle opener that says ‘My Hubby x’ and a ‘Don’t For Husbands‘ book.

The tie pin in there is a bit special. Before I met M he lost his Grandad. I’m really sad that I didn’t get the meet him as M absolutely idolised him. We were talking about the wedding one day and he made a comment about being said that he wouldn’t be able to have a drink with his Grandad. This is a picture of him and his Grandad when he was little which I have had made in to a tie pin. I’m hoping it’ll ease any sadness he’s feeling on the day.

I’ll also get him a card and some chocolate or something to ‘finish‘ the box off!

His main gift is a pocket watch. It had his surname on the back of the clock face and is gold. I have got ‘Until the end of time...’ engraved on the back of it but do not like how they have done the spacing which is really playing on my mind. I ordered it months ago so don’t know if it’s a bit cheeky to message now. I may be changing this but it was expensive so not sure what to do... 

Bridezilla

Next job is to sort out the boxes for Bridesmaids, Groomsmen, Father of the Groom and the Mums. I’ve got everything ready for them but just need to put them all together. Really looking forward to doing this! These are things that we are going to give them on the morning of the wedding...

We’ve also got ‘Thank You‘ Gifts for speeches which I need to DIY for the Bridesmaids and Groomsmens so that is a work in progress! We’ve got bits for my Mum and her partner and M’s Mum and Dad too. I’ve got a few days off next week that I am hoping will be super productive... for anyone that is reading then I’ll keep you updated!! :)

Bridezilla

So our wedding invites have been handed/posted out! They are probably the thing that I deliberated about for the longest & changed my mind about, numerous times. I kept telling myself that they are only invites and people would like them whatever they look like because they are pleased to be part of The day and pleased to be asked... At the same time, after the save the dates, they are the first thing that people get to give them a feeling of your wedding day, so it’s so important that they are right! Anyway, here are ours...

Bridezilla

So this weekend I was working nights and had a bit of time when I got up and was slobbing in my PJ’s to put together the boxes for our Mums... I am so pleased with them! Both Mums are getting ready with me on the morning of the Wedding along with M’s Grandma and the Bridesmaids. So they’ll both be getting hair & make up done and I have got them a silk gown to wear along with this...

I’M SO EXCITED!!

Bridezilla

Loving your gifts - really thoughtful 

I've just ordered personalised vaseline tins for my BMs and looking forward to collecting other little bits for them. xx

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/intimate-villa-cyprus-wedding---october-2018/432750.html

https://uk.pinterest.com/ruththomas1979/here-comes-the-bride/

Bridezilla

I have been playing around with centrepieces over the past few days and have decided on the final formation!

So white table linen on round tables. One smallish clear spirits bottle with some kind of lace/hessian/ribbon on it with the lights in. These are amazing and were from eBay! Fabulous purchase! Then there will be a taller decorated wine bottle with a single rose in it. A gold table number, a gold frame with the Menu in, a floral candle, a gold candle with pearls around the base and then a jar with a posey of flowers in. I’m really hoping it’s enough!

Bridezilla

I don’t think I have mentioned flowers! I’m using a local florist in the little town that we live in and M’s Grandma has said She wants to pay for them, which was a nice surprise! For those in the know of flowers, I am having a hand tied bouquet with dusky pink roses, vandella roses, white Veronica, pink lizianthus, gypsophilia, pink alstroemeria and lots of green foliage. Some of my inspiration for the flowers...

I’ve got a special bit of material which was used around my OH’s late Grandads cost blanket - so it is very old! But it was given to me to use so I have decided to use it to tie my bouquet. It can also be my something old!

For the Bridesmaids I am having plain gypsophelia bouquets, I know this has been done quite a bit but with the floral material of the top of the dress I wanted to keep the bouquets quite simple. These are going to have greenery in them to make sure they are full.

Mums, Grandmas and my Best Woman (Best Friend who hates being centre of attention, didn’t want to be a Bridesmaid but is going to get ready with us and witness us sign the register) are all having corsages alon with Aunts on both sides. Groomsmen, Dads and Uncles on both sides will have buttonholes. 

The tables are each going to have a single rose and a small posy. Top Table will have a vase for my to put my bouquet in. The signing the register table will also have a little posey on which will be moved to the cake table! 

Ta-dah! Flowers - done!

Bridezilla

Had a meeting at the Venue last week. Feel very lucky as the coordinator there is so easy going but meticulous. She has an anything goes policy and there has been none of the 'no naked flames' or 'no confetti' that some venues have. We went through each part of the day in detail and how it would work. It was lovely and she made it sound very simple! I intend to do a little itinerary (at the risk of sounding like Bridezilla) for bridesmaids/groomsmen so they know what they can help with and when! 

On another note... We decided to go for bacon sandwiches on the night as that is OH's favourite thing to eat. Were also going to do a cheese tower. If anyone has a any pictures of these please share! Also interested to know where you got them from. How many biscuits did you get, did guests cut it theselves? Help! 

Bridezilla

The boys have got suits! We got them from Skopes and I have been so impressed. Some of the grooms party got measured in Doncaster and some in Hull, it was all so easy! Just two more to go now - Mums partner and my big brother. Can't wait to see them on the day. It worked out cheaper to buy from here (£99 a suit and grooms suit free!) Groom will be the only one wearing a waistcoat to make him stand out a bit.

Photo is of my OH and is wearing the tie we've bought... 😍

Bridezilla

Loving your updates and good luck with the DIY photo booth - I did one for my step daughters 18th party. I just bought sparkly gold fabric from eBay and lots of props and used a photo back drop (similar to what you have in your pic) and it worked really well x

Re cheese - we are having a cheese tower but will be purchasing the cheese ourselves and then hopefully the caterers will put it together to look like something off my Pinterest board! ha

Your flowers are going to be stunning xx

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/intimate-villa-cyprus-wedding---october-2018/432750.html

https://uk.pinterest.com/ruththomas1979/here-comes-the-bride/

Bridezilla

Today I have done a bit of DIY for our post box! Cats have managed to feature slightly again. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product! 

I realised today that we are now 79 days to go! It was only two minutes ago that if was 100-and-something. I'm moving departments at work and have got an exam in September. Its not an easy exam to pass so I would like all my DIY done by the end of April so I can concentrate on that...we'll see how if goes!!