Your DIY ideas

Invitations

1 to 10 of 10 posts

Bridezilla

So i'm thinkng of DIY'ing my invitations to save some money. I am pretty crafty when i put my mind to it, but i'm not going to get ahead of myself. I can design and print the inserts myself, and have all i need to do that, so i just need the actual cards and envelopes. I want grey pocketfolds with grey envelopes, but i need quite a lot so i need them for less than £1 each. Is this possible? Do any of you crafty DIY brides know of an unspoken underground website that you keep quiet to keep out the uncommitted part timers like myself? 

Wedding addict

I have seen some on ebay, just done a quick search with the words 'grey pocketfold' and the first one popped up shows £45.00 for a pack of 50. Free postage and packaging too 

Hope that helps :) 

New bride

We made the pocketfolds ourselves, I found some A3 card which was 83p a sheet and I got 2 invites from this.

I then added some gold glitter card to the inside and then my ivory invitation - everyone thought they had been made professionally so I was well chuffed! Saved us a fortune!

Bridezilla

Susan103 wrote (see post):

We made the pocketfolds ourselves, I found some A3 card which was 83p a sheet and I got 2 invites from this.

I then added some gold glitter card to the inside and then my ivory invitation - everyone thought they had been made professionally so I was well chuffed! Saved us a fortune!

How did you make them? Did you have to make many? How long did it take? Do you have any pics? 

Thats all my questions for now! 

Bridezilla

Try PDA cards and crafts I got our pocketfuls etc from there great price and good quality!

Wedding thread:

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/my-november-wedding/435410.html

New bride

I used pocketfoldinvites.co.uk 

Highly recommend them. Excellent customer service! This is a photo of my invites I made with their pocket folds 

New bride

How did you make the pocketfolds Susan? Is there a template at all online that you have came across? Thanks 

Bridezilla

I would also love to know how you did these! Have you got a picture? X

Bridezilla

Vistaprint have an offer on at the moment.....  I've just ordered 40 wedding & 30 evening invites (printing our own design) for just under £45

We did look at PDA etc to get the bits to make our own from scratch, but it was going to work out much more expensive and time-consuming