You & Your Baby

Will it be our month? TTC 32

1 to 20 of 536 posts

Bridezilla

Hi ladies

New thread as promised. We seem to have left off the BFP hall of fame recently so I will re start.

Recent graduates:

MrsT2017

BFP Hall of Fame:

Samantha265

Sarah 39

Mrs Shark

MrsTwizbe

Mrs Ayse

Mrs Mann

So CD1 for me. There was a point where every owner of the TTC thread got pregnant that thread.... let see.

Bridezilla

Just jumping on to say that I think the last thread was by MrsE who got pregnant, the one before was by me, who got pregnant, and the one before that was TheLegacyofMrsM who is now pregnant so very high hopes for you this thread Mrs Twizbe!

Bridezilla

Good luck ladies! Wishing you lots of baby dust :) xxx

Bridezilla

Fingers crossed for you Twiz. I think I made a ttc thread back in the day so maybe it works! Sorry af got you.

Nothing much to report from me. I don't think this'll be our month. Ds has been poorly and not sleeping well so we've just been trying to catch up with sleep. It's his first birthday tomorrow 😔

Bridezilla

Happy birthday to your DS Mrs Shark. How are you feeling about it? I was SO emotional on my little boy's birthday. I managed to hold it together until the evening when hubby surprised me with a bunch of flowers. Think he was a bit shocked by my reaction, crying like a crazy woman (all happy tears though)

Do you have anything planned?

I am OK about AF coming. we DTD twice this month and both after ovulation so chances were not high.

I have now dried up though which is good news from a fertility point of view. I can't believe it took so long for that to stop.

Bridezilla

Just popping over to this brand spanking new thread to say hi! Fingers crossed for you Twiz, that would be a brilliant tradition to continue with :p Oh a wedding that will be great.

I am still waiting for AF to arrive, living in limbo until she decides to appear.

A huge handful of baby dust to everyone! 2019 will be our year!

Wedding addict

Yay to a new thread and hopefully lots of babydust!!  Never for one moment thought it would be this hard. xx

Bridezilla

Katie - no one ever does. We have it so drilled into us that having sex once without protection will result in pregnancy. I know it does for some people, but for others it take just a bit longer.

Mrs Richardson - yeah, I am really looking forward to this wedding. It is a uni friend and his boyfriend and they are just so perfect for each other.

In other news - hubby has said I can book us a night away for next month :-) we are going to leave DS with my parents for the night and then go into the city near where they live. It is the weekend of Eurovision so I have told husband that we can order in deliveroo, get some vino and watch it in dressing gowns. I LOVE Eurovision and hubby is on strict instructions to indulge me (his punishment for not letting me have a Eurovision party this year) That means he has to stay awake for the whole thing, he has to comment with me on the bad song and outfit choices, he has to vote and wave a little flag around during the UK entry.

Bridezilla

Absolutely Katie I never thought it would be anything like it  has been. Rollercoaster is such an apt word. We will get there and so happy when we are :)

Wedding addict

Fingers crossed this thread has the same effect for you twiz!

MrsShark, I cannot believe they are turning 1 already!! The time has literally flown by. Are you doing anything? My lb is 1 on the 10th so just under 2 weeks, crazy!!

Goid luck for everyone on this thread xx

Bridezilla

RS is right - the last few thread makers have gone on to get their BFPs, I created TTC31 (which is also my age!) and got my BFP 2 weeks after creating the thread :-) 

Good luck ladies & I'm keeping everything crossed for lots of beautiful babies in the early part of 2019.

Babydust xxxx

Bridezilla

Lots of luck to ladies on the new thread! I created two or three threads, moved on to the Broken thread and then got my BFP. Babydust to you all xxx

"I am learning to trust the journey, even when I do not understand it"

Follow my TTC journey on Instagram @the_truth_about_ttc

Blog is https://oneletterdifferentblog.wordpress.com/

Bridezilla

I was always too scared to start a thread first time round - I didn't want to be the one who didn't get a BFP on the thread they started lol.

I think I need to give it a few more months before I head back to the broken thread.... though it is soooo tempting.

Slightly on a broken topic - does anyone have any experience of alopecia? My husband developed it over the summer and it has progressed now to alopecia universalis. He has no hair at all. As it is an autoimmune condition I was trying to find out if it affects fertility. I can find lots about women and alopecia, male pattern baldness and fertility, but nothing about AU and it for men. Perhaps that means there is no impact, but feel like I should check.

His mum has it too and she had it when she had her children. As far as I know she got pregnant very easily when she wanted to.

Wedding addict

Hi, I found the new thread. 

I wrote  the other one that I don’t have much to update. I should have ovulated 2 days ago but I have none of my normal stm so that’s worrying. 

Sorry to hear that about your husband Twiz. I’m sorry I can’t offer any advice I have no experience of Alopecia. 

Wedding addict

Yay new thread! 

Ive got no idea on the alopecia. Maybe mention it next time either of you are at a doctors? 

update from me-my last cycle was 33 days and I’m currently on day 35. But as I’ve mentioned before we didn’t ttd much or at all in my fertile window so I think i’ll wait till Monday to test if there’s no sign of af by then

Bridezilla

A new thread! 😊 I'm still more of a lurker at the moment. About to start month 6 (I think) of trying for number 2. I have longer cycles than I used to so we're actually on cycle 5.

Sorry to hear about your husband's condition Twizbe. I read something that said androgenetic alopecia can impact male fertility. Not sure if your husband's alopecia would fall into this category though, so it might be worth discussing with your GP. 

Bridezilla

MrsTwiz - sorry I can’t be of any help with your husband‘s alopecia. Might be worth taking some advice from your GP? Sometimes Google is great for research but sometimes it can leaving you fearing the worst.

Nothing much to report from me. Just enjoying the long (wet) Easter break. Me and D went to do a zoo keeper experience on Friday, which was really good. Best thing was cuddling meerkats and holding a 14ft boa constrictor! I have to say the snake scared me a bit when it was wrapping itself round my leg but what an experience holding a massive snake!

Im patiently waiting for AF’s appearance, which should be here Tues. AF backache has arrived so looks like I’m still bang on cycle.

Happy Easter ladies! Hope you’re enjoying your chocolate. 

Bridezilla

Has everyone had a lovely Easter? We had a party for DS with family which was lovely. Unfortunately I got a migraine in the evening so had to go to bed :(. I used to suffer with awful migraines when I was a teenager but I started getting them again in late pregnancy after 10 years of not having one! I've had a few since having DS and assumed it was just my hormones settling down but I'm pretty bummed I'm still getting them every now and then.

I have everything crossed for you Nikki & Amy. Are you going to test or just wait it out?

I don't have any knowledge of alopecia, sorry Twiz. Might be worth asking the Dr though so you know either way.

Af is due over the weekend for me. We only managed to Dtd twice, I think only once over ovulation, so I don't hold much hope.

Wedding addict

Tested and it was negative.  Looks like I’m just having one of those randomly long cycles.