You & Your Baby

Night before wedding????

1 to 11 of 11 posts

New bride

So the night before the wedding I'm staying at the venue's hotel.... However I have a 4 Yr old daughter and just wandering what you would do.

Would you keep her in the same room as you (the bride)

Or would you 

Let someone else look after who who is staying at the venue so you can get a better night's sleep. 

I have most of my family, MOH and the grooms family staying at the venue the night before to and the gerome is staying at home with his best man .

Thanks in advance. 

Bridezilla

My 5 year old was going in with my mum but she's now asked to stay in my room, I'm fine with this as I know she will sleep ok :) I'd rather chill with her than have my BMs faffing around me that night 😂

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Bridezilla

my mum has said she will have my 2 year old as she is so hit and miss. My 7 year old tho can sleep for Wales and likes to be involved in everything so will no doubt be with me and my sister (moh) 

I think it really depends on how much you need to do and whether she will let you do those things and most importantly sleep.

Bridezilla

Definitely depends on her (and your) sleeping habits and what you have left to do. You are better sending her off with family if you are a light sleeper and/ or have lots left to do. 

There's no way I could have spent the night before with my former stepdaughters. They were quite high maintenance esp if you were trying to get anything done, and the younger one in particular would have a major strop before bedtime almost every night. Not something a bride needs on the night before her wedding!

Bridezilla

I’ll be having my then 7 year old and my best friend in the hotel room with me. My mum did say she would have her so I could relax but my daughter didn’t like the sound of that 😂 she likes to be with mommy. And I sort of feel I should share the moment with her too! We aren’t planning on doing much the night before, meal and then chill in the room! So hopefully she will have an early ish night! 😂. X 

Bridezilla

I don't think this is something you need to decide right now. I'd do it on a 'call it as it happens' basis - make sure family are happy to take her if it's too much for you but keep her with you initially and see how it goes. Like a lot of the other ladies have said, it depends majorly on both of your sleeping habits and how much you have left to do. Work under the assumption she's staying with you and then if it's getting too much, call in family for back up :)

Bridezilla

My (by then) 4 year old is coming in with me and my sister, and the older two boys (10 and 13) are going in with my parents.  She is a good sleeper but will no doubt be up early....I figure I'll be awake and excited though anyway.

I was going to send the boys to H2B but I don't trust him to get them ready perfectly and they want to go for swim while we have hair and make up done anyway

New bride

Thanks for the reply's, I think for now I'm going to stick with her staying with me  as she normally sleeps well overnight and is up early in the mornings (which is what's going to be needed anyway).

If she seems to be having a bad night then ill ask family etc if they would mind having her  seeing as a few are helping in morning to get ready anyway, everything is nearly done so all is left to do is pay for venue, H2B wants to sort little details out night before with the wedding planner .. :)

My H2B did offer but I'd rather him focus on getting himself ready with his bestman. 

New bride

I'd say if there is one night to get a sitter, it's that one!

Bridezilla

Jasmina2 wrote (see post):

I'd say if there is one night to get a sitter, it's that one!

I'd think if there was 'one night to get a sitter' it would be the actual wedding night haha

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb