Weight loss for your wedding

2018 diet buddies - have less in The Dress!

181 to 200 of 255 posts

Wedding addict

Mrsgx that's great! Well done :) that's a great achievement! You will smash your 3 pounds! So 5 pounds for the week is great.  Have you got a target you want to work towards? 

Bridezilla

AngelaMay and MissGX, that's brilliant well done!! 

MissGX he just had his skin graft yesterday so now it's a week of rest and hoping it works! Appointment next Friday to see how its doing. No, still not been to the gym! So much going on right now, I have been up early though so I either do a quick run or walk with the dog. 

Bridezilla

MissGx wrote (see post):

Well done VegasLou - I hope your fiancé's skin graft goes ok! Have you managed to get to the gym yet?

MrsHowgate2B - Well done! Are you feeling a bit better now? You seemed so upset the other day.

Angelamay87 - That's brilliant news, well done!!

I got weighed last night and I've lost 5lb in the last 10 days (couldn't get weighed as usual on Monday). I'm really happy with that, I've been on plan and gym 3 times a week. Only 3lb to go for my 6.5 stone award.

Hi. I'm feeling loads better now. The rest has done me good. At weigh in I lost 1lb rather than 2 which I am happy with as I was only on plan 75%. The last 2 days i haven't been on plan as I'm up north with Andrew saying goodbye to his family so dieting hasn't been great. I'm back on it tomorrow thought and I'm going to really stick to it 100% from tomorrow, despite going to a birthday and christening party until Wednesday weigh in. 

Bridezilla

Well second week at slimming world and I've lost 2lb so that's 3lb in 2 weeks. On target to lose half a stone in a month which was what I wanted. Admittedly I've not eaten much the last few days as I've been really anxious and struggling mood wide but tonight I am going to try and eat something even if it's fruit.

How'a everyone else's week been? 

Wedding addict

Weigh in this evening and in my slimming world book it's a maintain but I had holiday last week and weighed at home and had gained 2lbs so happy to have lost what I'd gained.

As usual got a few distractions in the next week, still trying to work that life/plan balance. Going to enjoy myself but keep in mind I want to work toward my 1.5 stone award now.

New bride

Hi guys is it okay if I join, i want to loose 3 stone by September 2018. I had a baby in February and am struggling to get the weight off. I have been swimming 3 times a week but am snacking as am in the house with the wee one. I also love take away chinese😫We are getting married in Soirta in Cyprus next year and i want to feel comfortable and confident on my wedding day. I plan to join Scottish Slimmers next week. 

Wedding addict

A 2.5lb loss at Slimming World tonight :)

New bride

Hi everyone, can I join this please? I am getting married in April 2018 and I would like to lose 1 stone before February when I have my first dress fitting (yikes!!). I have already lost about the same since the start of the year but then lost motivation after June 🙁. Going to start again from today! 

Bridezilla

Charlortte wrote (see post):

Hi guys is it okay if I join, i want to loose 3 stone by September 2018. I had a baby in February and am struggling to get the weight off. I have been swimming 3 times a week but am snacking as am in the house with the wee one. I also love take away chinese😫We are getting married in Soirta in Cyprus next year and i want to feel comfortable and confident on my wedding day. I plan to join Scottish Slimmers next week. 

Hello!! We get married in Cyprus next October and I have a similar amount of time right to loose so wondered whether we could be buddies? 

I love food & wine!! ❤️️

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/intimate-villa-cyprus-wedding---october-2018/432750.html

https://uk.pinterest.com/ruththomas1979/here-comes-the-bride/

Wedding addict

2lb loss this week, need 2.5 loss next week for my 1.5 stone award, eek!

New bride

Ill join too! April 2018, about 8lbs to go xx

Bridezilla

Hi girls. Hoping to join you in the big countdown. 

I am on a journey to lose 4 1/2 stone by September 2018. Taking me from 13 1/2 stone to 9 stone. Which is a much healthier weight for someone who is only 5 foot 2. 

This isn't the first time I am on a diet and not the first time I reached my target weight. I am a notorious yoyo dieter. Have been since my teens. And every time I bounce back it seems to get worse.

My h2b met me when I was a slimmer version of myself. But I got comfortable and as always gained weight. When he addressed it I was unwilling to go back to yoyoing. I told him how miserable it made. He accepted it but our intimate life wasn't really the same after that.

Half a year ago I realised though that I will want to have a baby soon. I was worried that my weight might become an issue.  That paired with feeling uncomfortable in my skin made me decide to start dieting again.

So I started by doing 5:2. My h2b joined in. He is skinny though and was only doing it to be supportive. Sadly it didn't really work for me. A collegeue mentioned at our office picnic that she had joined slimming world. I was intrigued. And decided to give it a go.

So far I have managed to lose 1 stone from my total of 4 1/2. It took me 6 weeks. The last weeks my weight loss had slowed down to a pound a week.

That is when I found out that MrM is planning to propose in September. He accidentally let it slip. I really want to have lost 2 stone by then. And then the rest in time for the wedding

Bridezilla

Definitely going to join in with this, I need the motivation! Hopefully (we haven't set an 'official' date yet) getting married in Oct/Nov next year and I would like to lose 3 stone to get me back to where I was when I first met my H2B.

Happiness and being in a comfortable relationship has made me fat, lol. I have previously lost six stone before, so know that I can do this, but just need some encouragement and support to get my arse in gear!

Bridezilla

I'm in! My partner and I are both planning to lose weight for our wedding on 8/8/18

Our official start date is 4th September as this is when i go back to work.

I HAVE to lose weight as I've already bought my dress and it's about 3 sizes too small but I'm confident that I will be able to fit into it by the wedding.

Wedding addict

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on this every so often and joined slimming world, am now in my fourth week. I have lost two pounds since the start and to be honest am really gutted.

I am currently 10 stone 6 and was hoping to get to 9 stone. I am 5' 3 but I am getting married on the 14th of December. I'm doing that thing I always do where I wish I'd started earlier.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong with SW but lost one pound in my first and second week and then maintained the third. Just starting to feel like it's not going to come off.

I know I need to start exercising more but can't face it when I get home from work as I am a ranger and so do a lot of physical stuff at work, and walking.

Just not sure how to kick start it!

Wedding addict

1.5lb loss this week and now totalling 1 stone 8 lbs. Have got just under four stone to go though.

I think the moment I clicked with SW is realising how important speed food is. Now every meal I plan I prioritise what speed food I'm having.