Weddings abroad

Santorini wedding help - is it too late?

1 to 4 of 4 posts

New bride

Hi all!

I got engaged in SantorinI last month. I had the most incredible week of my life and fell in love with the island and I can’t imagine getting married anywhere else. 

I never expected my partner of 9 years to propose and we were going to start trying for a family in the near future, however we would put this back to next year if we could get married in early summer 2019. We only want a very small wedding, up to 10 family members. I was hoping for an intimate ceremony in a nice location followed by an evening meal at a taverna. Nothing fancy or lavish, or too expensive and then just have a lovely holiday there with close family. I was hoping for around late May or June time. 

My question is have I left this too late with it only being a year away? Many people seem to want to get married on this beautiful island. I started contacting wedding planners yesterday, i haven’t had many replies yet but a couple have contacted me and are fully booked. Darryl from Simply Meditteranean Weddings has contacted me and said he has availability and I am waiting for him contacting me with the venue details. Anna Vafeidou also seems very keen to assist however I have read some not so good reviews about her. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for wedding planners or places that I should consider? We visited Santo winery last month and loved that but I am very open to other locations. 

Thanks!

Bridezilla

hiya, it’s definitely doable so don’t stress. I’m using Darryl and he’s fantastic. I also spoke to Anna but felt she was too laid back for my liking X

New bride

No you got plenty of time to organise your wedding!We chose Santorini Gem for our wedding .It is next to Santo Winery but more private.Our wedding planner is Alexandra from Gold-Weddings Santorini-so far we are very satisfied .

New bride

Very doable. Do all the translations etc yourself as you'll save a small fortune. Its really easy too. Use a planner, Nikos Sirigos is brilliant, or you can alternatively go direct to the venues.