Weddings abroad

LAKE COMO, ITALY - WEDDING 2018!!! HELP

21 to 40 of 53 posts

New bride

Hello Dawn and MrsT2017,

I had added  makeup artist Daniela Guanziroli as I’ve seen her work On Instagram from another bride that married in lake como. I’m also planning My wedding for this year in lake como and had messaged Daniela Tanzi for a quote. She’s quick in responding but I’m not sold on her work and now hearing you’ve been months without your pictures, it scares me a little. Any opinions on which venue is better: Villa Cipressi or Villa Vittoria? Haven’t been able to decide. 

Bridezilla

Honestly couldn’t recommend villa Cipressi enough, it was just perfect for us x

New bride

Thank you Mrs T2017, 

That does seem like a long time to wait for you photographs.  I hope they come through soon. I will check out Daniela Guanziroli.

Dawn

New bride

Hi all,

I am SO happy I found this board. Id like a lame Como wedding (small, 20-30 people) but I have no idea where to begin. any suggestions for venues perfect for that size would be greatly appreciated 

New bride

Hi Ladies, I am so glad I stumbled on this thread. I am also getting married in Italy but can't decide which location, I love the almafi coast and Lake Como but both destinations are quite pricey.  We will have about 30 guests and I want to have a civil outdoor ceremony, reception in a nice villa & possibly accommodation or would it be better to do it in a different place. 

I live in Canada and currently am in Munich to visit my family. I am planning to go to drive to Italy with my sisters and want to check out few villas. My wedding will be September but I can't afford to come back to Europe before my wedding. So this is the only time I can go and check any venues in person.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks Aurela

New bride

Hi Aurela, 

I sent you a PM. 

New bride

Hello,

I’m getting marring in Lake Como in August. We’re having our ceremony and reception in Aura Villa del Lago. We have quite a lot of people coming but our closest friends can also stay in the Villa with us. 

We arrive 4 days before the wedding, having my hen party there and pre drinks at Lido di Bellagio. Managed to reserve a terrace there, that way we get to see everyone before the actual wedding. Lido di Bellagio is meant to be great for having drinks and a little dance. We have asked all guests to meet us at a venue in bellagio, where they will get a boat to the Venue. Still to arrange the boat, as well as transfers back.

Has anyone got any recommendations for buying fairy lights/candles ect. Our wedding planner is coming back with quotes beyond ridiculous. Also, still need to get flowers and bridesmaid dresses. Eeeeeek 

SO EXCITED THOUGH. 

New bride

I am also getting married in Lake Como this summer!! We chose Relais Villa Vittoria in Laglio for our welcome wine tasting, ceremony, and reception, but we also reserved Balbianello after hours (6pm) for a private photoshoot(500euro) and our guests will be coming with us.  We live in Texas in the USA but went to Como to check it out last summer and take our engagement photos.

Regarding photographers, Riccardo Bestetti is quite good, Daniela Tanzi was a bit sour when timing didn't work out with Balbianello for us to use her, and Daniela Guanzirolli and Louise were AWESOME (they're super fun to be around too) to work with for hair & makeup as well as Duilo at Como Classic Boats for the Riva boats.

1 question I have, those of you that already have been married in Como, what did you do for tabletop chargers for your wedding and what should the florals cost approximately?  I received a quote from one florist but it seems really expensive.

We are bringing our photographers and videographer from the USA with us for this but I highly recommend Riccardo -  I'll attach a few photos from our engagement session to this thread in case people are interested in his work and Daniella Guanzirolli's work :)

New bride

For some reason this site makes the photo quality off, but I promise they're beautiful :)

New bride

Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing all these posts, they are so helpful (to someone who has no idea where to start)!

My fiance and I would love to get married in Lake Como, we have looked at a few different venues online and are flying out at the end of March to view some. We visited Villa Balbianello a couple of years ago and loved it, but want to keep our options open (plus everything is so expensive)!!

I contacted a wedding planner who gave me prices for rentals/ ceremonies/ meals etc- so we can price that up. What I am really struggling to price is the other stuff. Such as photographer/ videographer/ make up and hair/ cake/ music/ flowers etc.

Can anyone help at all please, just rough costs would be so helpful.

We haven't decided on a budget yet as we just have no idea what a wedding costs. We want to be able to price everything up and then we can see which venues are the right price etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Chantal x

New bride

Oh my god how amazing!!!! My Friend got married here and it was absolutely amazing she flew me over to do makeup for her and bridal party. I will post pictures for you as well!! I asked her for some info for you this is what she said

Photographer tell her to google Fotorota - Luigi Rota He sorted videographer

i just wanna say the photographers were AMAZING!!!
Lido di Lenno was the venue after - which was gorgeous, right on the water so all guests got dropped off after and walked on to a grass area where we had drinks, the actual after venue was gorgeous As well, not too big and is next to a bar if you want to stay out afterwards. The bar is not I to the venue though so don’t worry about other people being there that you haven’t invited, it’s completely separate xx 
They also let us set lanterns off into the lake in the evening it was a gorgeous moment.

Albergo Lenno hotel we all
stayed. The rooms were lovely and very spacious if you ask for one over the room for Bride and party to get ready In. 

Ferries come very often if you don’t want to drive back to mainland as well. 

It was honestly beautiful !!!!!!!! Villa balbianello is something else it’s so gorgeous xxxx 

I’ve added loads of pics for you!! It was MAGICAL! 
Xxx

New bride

Hi Joanne,

Thank you so much for you response.

Your friend's wedding looks incredible (and her make up looks fab)! Please thank her for sharing this information too, it is really helpful!

We will have a look at the photographer, thank you for the recommendation. It really helps!!

xx

New bride

Hi Chantal,

I sent you a PM.

New bride

No problem at all! Just to add as well, the place setting I have taken a picture of Danielle did all herself and saved herself unnecessary expenses, friends and family helped bring everything over and everyone worked together as a team, they dressed the aftervenue themselves the day before. The venue for after (Lido de lenno) provided us all with aperol spritz and beers for when we got off the boat, on the way over to lido de lenno from balbianello we had loads Of bottles of prosecco and everyone was drunk and merry on the boat back it was so fab  Xxxx

New bride

Hello Everybody.

My name is Emanuela and I live near Como Lake, first of all I would like to suggest you a very good wedding planner who lives and work near here: her creations and solutions are wonderful, she's very kind and she's an English mother tongue.

If you're still looking for a wedding planner, maybe she's the right choice.

Last but not least, I'm a pro musician working for weddings in Italy and abroad, so yes , I'm here to offer my services too, : if you're looking for professional singers and musicians/djs for your wedding, we are a team who often work with foreign clients.

Just visit www.livesingers.it and write to know all details. We'd be glad to help you make that day the best in your life.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Kind Regards

Emanuela

New bride

Hi Louise!

Congrats for your big day. I suggest you Headshot Weddings for the video, while for the photos Alessandra Pezzati (www.alessandrapezzati.it). I hired her for my wedding in Sorrento and she was amazing and soooo romantic!!

I hope it can helps :)

Enjoy your engagement!!!

Sara

New bride

Hi Louise,

Como Lake is such a  beautiful place to get married!

If you're still looking for Music, this guys are great and used to work with foreign people. They're all professionals and have a huge repertoire.

www.livesingers.it

If you need more specifics, you can write a message.

good luck

Emanuela

New bride

Hi ladies, I stumbled across this thread doing a bit of research on Lake Como, refreshing my memory as I'll be returning this August (2018) for work. I thought I'd mention that I am a wedding photographer myself who has worked in Lake Como previously (I photographed an elopement there last year, which you can see on my blog here: http://www.josephineleephotography.com.au/emily-brandon/) Please feel free to check out my work. My previous Lake Como bride also used Daniela Guanziroli for her hair & makeup, I highly recommend her, she did a beautiful job.

Kindest,

Josie

New bride

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a drink supplier for after ceremony cocktails at Balbianello?

Earlier in the thread Maddalena suggested allowing €600+vat but we’ve been told the minimum spend is €2500! We only have 28 guests so this seem extortionate at €90 per head. 

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you 👍🏻😊