Weddings abroad

Brexit - 2019 flights cancelled?

1 to 10 of 10 posts

Wedding addict

Hello,

So I get married in Portugal June 2019 and I was searching for flight info I came across articles about Brexit and how it could affect any holidays/flights after March 2019 and if no deal has been made then flights and holidays will be cancelled.

This has really made me panic now! What would I do?! Is anyone else worried about this or am I just thinking too much?! xx

Wedding addict

Sounds like scaremongering to me. Do you have links to the articles? 

Bridezilla

Don't stress about it, they are scaremongering lol

Wedding addict

Phew I hope so! My family keep telling me to stop worrying but I'm just paranoid something major is going to go wrong. I'll try and keep calm lol x

Wedding addict

It’s mostly out there to make you panic. 
Worst situation is flights provisionly expected to run would be grounded or changed if no agreements are made (unlikely to happen as the would cause absolute carnage) and the airlines in that situation wouldn’t offer you the refund/change of flights you would normally expect with airline disruptions. 
Package holidays are still protected and just make sure you book your travel insurance when you book your flights. 

Hope you have a fabulous wedding :) 

Bridezilla

Brexit is about political n trade deals.  The world ain't gonna fall apart n multi-million dollar industries like Airlines and Tourism r gonna to keep going regardless.  Try 2 ignore the scaremongering

New bride

I would say that politics and trade deals DO affect other industries, however I still wouldn't be too worried. 

Protect yourself as much as possible with travel insurance, wedding insurance, paying for things on credit card for extra protection etc.

Definitely check your insurance policies as well to ensure they cover the specific circcumstances you're concerned about - I've had two instances whereby the travel insurance I've bought hasn't been worth the paper I've printed it out on!

Wedding addict

I get married the first day of Brexit and have people coming from out of the country, keeping everything crossed that there’s no disruption to flights! 

Bridezilla

2020weddingvision wrote (see post):

I would say that politics and trade deals DO affect other industries, however I still wouldn't be too worried. 

Protect yourself as much as possible with travel insurance, wedding insurance, paying for things on credit card for extra protection etc.

Definitely check your insurance policies as well to ensure they cover the specific circcumstances you're concerned about - I've had two instances whereby the travel insurance I've bought hasn't been worth the paper I've printed it out on!

^^^ this. Get wedding insurance, ensure your guests have travel insurance etc. 

Wedding addict

Thanks everyone. I haven't taken out wedding insurance yet but will definitely do so now. We're not doing a package holiday for the wedding we've booked a villa and so have a lot of our guests. Fingers crossed nothing happens! x