Weddings abroad

Any 2020 weddings??

21 to 40 of 43 posts

New bride

SunnyGoldConfetti wrote (see post):

@rinx.  It will fly round!!   We have venue, church and videographer booked. Soooooo exciting!! 2020 will be here before we know it x

You are super organised!!! I love it! :) I went into TK Maxx today and found the most beautiful card post box! Its perfect for our theme and for 5.99 a complete bargain! I also managed to get some beautiful evening invitations from clintons, 99p from 4.50! 

Where are you getting married? :)

New bride

I'm a 2020 bride too!

Just got engaged on holiday in June in Zakynthos, will now be returning there for our wedding!  We've not really planned anything other than the date, so that family have plenty of notice.

Will be exciting sharing the planning journey with fellow 2020ers!!

Wedding addict

rlnx wrote (see post):
SunnyGoldConfetti wrote (see post):

@rinx.  It will fly round!!   We have venue, church and videographer booked. Soooooo exciting!! 2020 will be here before we know it x

You are super organised!!! I love it! :) I went into TK Maxx today and found the most beautiful card post box! Its perfect for our theme and for 5.99 a complete bargain! I also managed to get some beautiful evening invitations from clintons, 99p from 4.50! 

Where are you getting married? :)

wynyard Hall in Teesside - it's an amazing venue  me and htb looked at loads but kept going back to it!  Solo exciting   I love bargains so that sounds fab! Have you done much more!  I have found all sorts but worry I will change my mind before then x

Wedding addict

abiscott wrote (see post):

I'm a 2020 bride too!

Just got engaged on holiday in June in Zakynthos, will now be returning there for our wedding!  We've not really planned anything other than the date, so that family have plenty of notice.

Will be exciting sharing the planning journey with fellow 2020ers!!

A www congratulations!  Yay! Our 2020 group is growing!  Exciting x. PS what is your date?x

New bride

A www congratulations!  Yay! Our 2020 group is growing!  Exciting x. PS what is your date?x

It's the second week of June, unsure on a date yet as we are getting married in Zakynthos, and wedding planners won't take enquiries until next year!  So for the moment we're just getting ideas together.

New bride

@MissDizzle

Hi, did you consider to marry in Italy? I'm going for Rome in May 2018 (civil marriage), really happy about this choice and everything really affordable too! We are going to have about 30/35 people, which I think is ideal to manage a destination wedding. 

After a pretty long selection (it took a while to find the perfect planners, but we did it!) we are using a local wedding planner agency, they work so great and everything is going smooth, my fiancè and I are very safe and relaxed about all the vendors etc...

I'm available if you need extra tips, hope it helps!

Rebecca-Kelly

Wedding addict

Hi guys!! 

Just caught up, ive found a 2020 fb group so have been spending a bit of time on fb. 

We have scrapped the France idea as it was blowing our budget and have settled on zante (for now) 

abiscott have you decided where in Zante yet? i have been emailing zante dream weddings and they are taking bookings already. One of the 2020 fb brides (there's a few zante brides on there) has booked for may already. 

Wedding addict

If you search 2020 brides it will come up x

New bride

Hello! Wooooooppppppppp i've also just got engaged! :D we want to get married abroad - potentially Mexico so we need as much time as possible to save. We have a one year old and I work part time so not loaded! :D we're doing things a bit different though as H2B (eek!) is in the army, we are going to do the legal paperwork this November (no ceremony whatsoever, just signing it), then we're moving into married quarters which will enable us to save even more, then we'll get 'blessed' abroad.....

Anyone else doing this or just me? :D x

Congratulations girls x

New bride

How is everyone getting on?

I've been ordering samples of wedding invitations recently and have found some beautiful ones! I think we might have found the ones we want! :D 

I'm also going to the wedding show at the NEC the end of this month! It's so exciting!!!! xxxx

New bride

Oh i'm going there too! October 1st at Birmingham NEC :D which one are you going to? I'm hoping to get plenty of ideas and goodie bags xx

New bride

Yes! I'm thinking 2020 but when people ask and that's the date I reply with I get strange looks... I'm in no rush we still want to go on our dream holiday and we are looking for our first home to move into when we are married ! So got lots to do before 2020 ! Is this stupid or clever ???? Also is it to early to book church etc ? 

New bride

Hi all,

New to this!! :) We got engaged June this year in such a beautiful setting in Rome! Were Looking to get married in March 2020! Sounds ages away but it’ll be here before we know it! 

Wedding addict

Sophie293 wrote (see post):

Yes! I'm thinking 2020 but when people ask and that's the date I reply with I get strange looks... I'm in no rush we still want to go on our dream holiday and we are looking for our first home to move into when we are married ! So got lots to do before 2020 ! Is this stupid or clever ???? Also is it to early to book church etc ? 

Nope! Booked my church and venue.  Provisionally booked videographer and found bm's dresses.    Exciting!   You do get the 'oh you have ages' look but if you want a certain date at peak time and certain suppliers you have to be organised.   All sounds exciting for you two x

New bride

Phew glad I found some other 2020 bride to be's!

Planning on getting married in Portugal hopefully May/June 2020. Just started the planning phase and currently stuck between hiring a venue or hiring a Villa for a week to stay and doing it there. The list of possibilities seems so endless yet so small sometimes! Going to Portugal for 10 days in June this year so was hoping to have some venues lined up to have a look at.

Do you think it is too early to be talking to wedding planners? I wasn't sure whether to contact some before going out there this year, or have a look myself then contact them.

New bride

This worries me, me and my partner have been engaged 5 years and have recently talked about getting married in 2020 this will be our 10 year wedding anniversary.

Didnt realise u needed to book so far in advance we wernt planning on booking anything until later in the year or early next year after seeing this thread im now thinking thats going to be to late for 2020 😣 

We have done no research so have no idea where we would like to get married just know that we want to do it abroad in August 2020 didnt want to rush things does everyone book so early?

Wedding addict

We have we have been to see our venue, but can’t book it until 2 years before the date, as that’s the maximum the manager will allow bookings. So, August the 8th this year will be our first deposit paid!  However, I think I might visit them soon and just remind them that we want that date, and probably book a meeting with them on the 8th this year. 

Also started doing wedding fairs now, but mainly for inspiration as we‘re mostly diy’ing.  One lady I spoke to about dresses was a bit funny though.. I love tea length/fifties look, and she said “we don’t have any in stock, they were in fashion a few years back, but not really the done thing now”!  Needless to say, I won’t need to pop into her shop next year!  

Ive been looking around for second hand dresses, my budget is £300 max, I’ve seen a few available so am hopeful that I’ll find one when I need to. 

Our theme is seaside/fun fair, as venue is literally on the promenade and there will be the anual fair ground on the green next to the beach. 

Just checked my Bridebook app, 900 days to go!!😂

New bride

Hello 2020 Brides!

So pleased I found this forum - we got engaged in January this year and found the perfect venue a couple of weekends ago. They had very limited availability for 2020 so went ahead with the booking today (!!) we're getting married in April.

So exciting - by the sounds of it, I have a lot of planning to start!!

x

New bride

Us tooooo! We got engaged on NYE, and are provisionally holding a date with the venue, and speaking to the church this week!

I'm in a panic this week as I was originally holding off on booking the church but now we're so close to putting the deposit down on the venue I need to get a wriggle on!!