Wedding venues

cant find a venue in my budget!

1 to 9 of 9 posts

New bride

Hi all

I posted a short while back looking for wedding venue in a pub/brewery but I havnt been able to get anything in my budget or what I wanted.

I have now gone back to my original idea of a barn/farm rustic type wedding but again struggling to find anything in my budget.  I just cant justify spending well over £4,000 (that being the cheapest, most over £6,000) just for a venue/land without including anything else :(  

I have even now been looking at some lovely village halls in Worcester in the middle of the Countryside so I can still have that farm feel.  

Does anyone know of any venues I might have missed that wont cost the world?  I am happy to look anywhere around West Midlands areas and also North West areas (mainly Liverpool or Cheshire)?  Will even travel further if the venue is right! 

Any help would be appreciated as I cant plan anything else until I have my venue :( 

Thanks 

Wedding addict

Rock village hall is very popular around by me, I've seen it styled beautifully xx

New bride

Hey, 

I agree wedding venues are really expensive!

Have you tried looking at venues in low season on quiet days? 

I am getting married on a Sunday in February and the price difference to getting married on a Saturday in summer is ridiculous! Having our wedding in winter was really the only way we could afford our venue. Venues are usually cheapest during the week. 

Hope you manage to find something!

New bride

She-loves-him wrote (see post):

Rock village hall is very popular around by me, I've seen it styled beautifully xx

thanks so much - just had a quick look at this hall, it looks beautiful and even has lots of outdoor space for the children!  its on my list :) 

New bride

Futuremrsj2019 wrote (see post):

Hey, 

I agree wedding venues are really expensive!

Have you tried looking at venues in low season on quiet days? 

I am getting married on a Sunday in February and the price difference to getting married on a Saturday in summer is ridiculous! Having our wedding in winter was really the only way we could afford our venue. Venues are usually cheapest during the week. 

Hope you manage to find something!

to be honest i haven't spent too much time looking at low season so will have another go at this.  Ideally would have to be on a Sat or Sunday as I don't want people having to take time off work and I would have to have one set of either family to travel depending on which location we choose! 

I will have a look at low season :) 

Bridezilla

Are you set on a dry hire venue? Because truthfully, it will probably be cheaper to use a wedding venue on a weekend in low season than try to sort out a whole wedding yourself - I looked into it and the numbers just don't add up. For me to get married at the registry office, followed by hiring a village hall with a hog roast caterer, was coming out similarly priced to the wedding venue I booked - and my venue is a lot less effort and requires no set up/tidy up afterwards.

What are your numbers?

i'm not sure where in the midlands you are, but this pub/barn wedding venue does a package including ceremony, venue hire, and all food and drink, and for 50 people the cost would be £3225. That's incredibly reasonable IMO.

https://www.thebellbelbroughton.co.uk/content/pcdg/east-and-west-midlands/thebellbelbroughton/weddings

https://www.thebellbelbroughton.co.uk/content/dam/pcdg/pub-images/thebellbelbroughton/thebellbelbroughton-weddingpack.pdf

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

New bride

yes I did look at dry hire and you are right as once you add everything up it comes to a lot more than first thought!

I just think some village halls are as beautiful as some of the barn venues I have been looking at and are a fraction of the price,  even after adding on the decorations it does not compare!  Its when you start looking at the food and bar hire thats the problem :(

I love the pub/barn link you have sent, that would be perfect, but I need double the number of guests haha:( looking at least 100 people for the day and night! 

Its hard as we both have very big families and a large circle of friends and really couldnt think of any of them not being there, ideally I have a list of 140 but could possibly get that down to 100! 

Bridezilla

I have no idea how many people that pub holds, they may well be able to cater for 100+...all you can do is look on your local authority website to find a list of all licensed wedding venues in your area and comb through them - that's what we did.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html