Wedding venues

Any Midlands brides - help me out?

1 to 17 of 17 posts

New bride

So we're recently engaged and it feels like I've looked at the brochures for every venue within a 15-20 miles radius.

We're looking for a venue in the midlands (preferably Leicester but can travel!) that isn't a grand stately hall.. that doesn't cost the earth!! Why are so many wedding venues like £6/7k just to hire the venue!!

Looking for 2020 wedding.. any recommendations? 

:(

Wedding addict

I have no idea on prices to be honest (or whether its the type of venue you are looking for) but we went to a wedding at a venue last year called the Mill Barns that was amazing! The couple who married there booked before it was fully built so go a good deal on price but its no corkage which might make all the difference. 

It was a stunning venue and worked so well for the whole day. 

My Big Fat Cypriot Wedding 

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/our-big-fat-cypriot-wedding/438556.html

New bride

Aimee73 wrote (see post):

I have no idea on prices to be honest (or whether its the type of venue you are looking for) but we went to a wedding at a venue last year called the Mill Barns that was amazing! The couple who married there booked before it was fully built so go a good deal on price but its no corkage which might make all the difference. 

Thanks Aimee, Mill Barns is beautiful! It's around £9k for a saturday in peak, and around £7k for a Friday in May so it's out of our price range :(

Bridezilla

We’re gettibg married at Woodborough Hall in Notts, which is very affordable. 

Wedding addict

2020weddingvision wrote (see post):
Aimee73 wrote (see post):

Thanks Aimee, Mill Barns is beautiful! It's around £9k for a saturday in peak, and around £7k for a Friday in May so it's out of our price range :(

Oh wow, thats so expensive! The couple whose wedding we went to must have got a great deal for booking before it was finished then! Im not much use in other venues sorry, hope you find something amazing :) 

My Big Fat Cypriot Wedding 

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/our-big-fat-cypriot-wedding/438556.html

Wedding addict

There's west mill near Derby - I don't know their prices but I do know a couple of brides that got married there and were very happy.  It's a bit non traditional, so may not be your thing. 

New bride

Hi there...

my stepdaughter gets married at Lancashire Manor House, which is a best Western hotel with a converted beautiful barn... it really is beautiful..

she has 60 day guests for wedding breakfast

100 evening guest with buffet

three alkoholic drinks during wedding breakfast and speeches

ceremony room 

bridal suit and breakfast for the couple the next day

some table deco etc

can't remember the ins and outs but she pays about £5500 for all mentioned above for a bank holiday sunday

lg

New bride

FutureMrsP2018 wrote (see post):

There's west mill near Derby - I don't know their prices but I do know a couple of brides that got married there and were very happy.  It's a bit non traditional, so may not be your thing. 

No, non traditional is exactly what we're going for! The west mill is definately the top end of the budget too though at up to £9k at peak times. Don't get me wrong we're open to mid-week days and off peak times, it's just crazy prices! :(

Thank you for your help :)

New bride

Sarah1609 wrote (see post):

Hi there...

my stepdaughter gets married at Lancashire Manor House, which is a best Western hotel with a converted beautiful barn... it really is beautiful..

she has 60 day guests for wedding breakfast

100 evening guest with buffet

three alkoholic drinks during wedding breakfast and speeches

ceremony room 

bridal suit and breakfast for the couple the next day

some table deco etc

can't remember the ins and outs but she pays about £5500 for all mentioned above for a bank holiday sunday

lg

Ooh I'll look at this, thank you!! Thought I'd seen every venue in the midlands!

Wedding addict

I'm getting married at Shearsby Bath, but next February. The package price is quite a bit cheaper during the off-peak season. This just edged it for us over the Guildhall in Leicester (although we do have our wobbles and wonder if we should have gone for that instead!) Depends how many you want to invite and whether you want a package or to source suppliers yourself. Feel free to ask me anything else as I'm from Leicestershire too.

Bridezilla

Would you consider Northamptonshire? We're having our reception at Plum Park Hotel near Towcester in August and I can't recommend it enough/

Gorgeous setting and intimate feel but can cater for up to 200 guests. The rates are all up on their website www.plumpark.co.uk 

Bridezilla

Hello!

Have you looked at The Farmhouse at Mackworth? It’s close to The West Mill which I saw you considered so it may be better for your price range. I go there regularly for dinner and it’s lovely! 

Haarlem Mill has recently opened so they may be slightly more reasonably priced than The West Mill. Same for the Derby Silk Mill.

Also another vote for Donington Park Farmhouse and Amalfi White in Melbourne too. I’m not sure if Swancar Farm is out of your price range, but another lovely barn venue :)

Hope this offers some inspo! x

New bride

Hi,

The Mill near Leek might be right for you. Lovely venue.

James

Bridezilla

I’m a Leicester bride too! We’ve booked Brooksby Hall for our reception. It’s really beautiful and the people who run it are great. They have two options, you can use their caterers for a lower hire fee, and have to have their drinks etc, or pay more to do self catering with no corkage! 

Bridezilla

GinAndBling wrote (see post):

I’m a Leicester bride too! We’ve booked Brooksby Hall for our reception. It’s really beautiful and the people who run it are great. They have two options, you can use their caterers for a lower hire fee, and have to have their drinks etc, or pay more to do self catering with no corkage! 

I said before that we’re getting married at Woodbrough Hall, which is beautiful! But I’m jealous in the fact that you don’t need to pay corkage! Admittedly though, we’ve still paid it because it worked out cheaper for the wedding breakfast. But I think it’s swings and roundabouts because the wedding breakfast is cheaper than lots I’ve seen starting at £35 per head. My friend, a couple of years ago paid £100 per person (not including drinks as she paid corkage on top)!

New bride

lubes wrote (see post):

Hello!

Have you looked at The Farmhouse at Mackworth? It’s close to The West Mill which I saw you considered so it may be better for your price range. I go there regularly for dinner and it’s lovely! 

Haarlem Mill has recently opened so they may be slightly more reasonably priced than The West Mill. Same for the Derby Silk Mill.

Also another vote for Donington Park Farmhouse and Amalfi White in Melbourne too. I’m not sure if Swancar Farm is out of your price range, but another lovely barn venue :)

Hope this offers some inspo! x

The Mackworth Farmhouse looks lovely! I love it! Thanks! x