Wedding fashion

Torn between these 2 gorgeous gowns!

1 to 17 of 17 posts

New bride

Hi everyone 

I wanted to get a bit of help as I'm getting married in October and can't make up my mind about these 2 amazing dresses. I honestly love them, love the way they look and the details are insane. Also, I'm very fond of these modern, fit dresses that give a young and less traditional look. 

Wanted to know what piece of advice I would receive. 

https://www.elihav-sasson.com/collection/royalty-girls/ the RG009 design is the first one 

and the second one is the RG 007 

I'm already in touch with the designer's boutique they told me both are available and they can make it to my own measurements they were quite nice, so the only thing left for me is to choose!

Thank you ladies, 

let me know :) 

Bridezilla

Really sorry.... this is just my opinion n I don't mean 2 offend, but all those dresses seem a bit too 'naked' for a wedding dress to me.  If I had 2 choose it would be the 009 because the front of the 007 is nearly indecent!  (we obviously have very different taste, sorry)

New bride

Barbie3 wrote (see post):

Really sorry.... this is just my opinion n I don't mean 2 offend, but all those dresses seem a bit too 'naked' for a wedding dress to me.  If I had 2 choose it would be the 009 because the front of the 007 is nearly indecent!  (we obviously have very different taste, sorry)

I agree but each to their own :) If I had to pick I would pick 007

Bridezilla

I also agree with the ladies above. Before reading any comments, I looked at both dresses and couldn’t help but noticing how sheer they are, with lots of cut outs. On my wedding day I wouldn’t want to feel exposed and I don’t think my fiancé would appreciate me having everything on show either (I’ll be meeting some of his army buds for the first time and not sure this would make the best impression!). Obviously if the dresses make you feel good then choose whichever you feel most confident in.  

Bridezilla

I prefer 009. They’re both quite ornate, the neckline of 009 is a bit more simple and enhances the dress but the neckline of 007 looks a bit over-worked to me. X

PS. Wish I had the figure to pull off either of them 😜

New bride

I prefer 009. Though I love the back of 007.

Have you tried both dresses on? Because you can't really make a decision without that!

New bride

I personally wouldn't wear either of these as they're verging on indecent..........it might be worth thinking how you would make your fiance's parents (or your own parents) feel, as well as the other guests...

New bride

Barbie3 wrote (see post):

Hi Dear, 

I totally hear you and appreciate your honesty as well as the other girls'. I had another look and might opt for the VJ 001 https://www.elihav-sasson.com/collection/vintage-jewllery-collection/

I love those styles to be honest, yet trying to think from other people's perspective. It's my wedding so indeed I 've been very focused on the dress from a personal point of view, but maybe this one is better. What do you girls say? 

Thanks a lot for the constructive comments, truly appreciate it ladies.

Bridezilla

Sorry, I stand by my comment about all the dresses - just to much flesh on show 2 b 'bridal' imho.

Quick question.... (because I haven't seen u post newhere else and most people just post pics of the dress(es) they like)  R u genuinely looking for ur own wedding dress, or just advertising/driving traffic to that website?

Bridezilla

Quick question.... (because I haven't seen u post newhere else and most people just post pics of the dress(es) they like)  R u genuinely looking for ur own wedding dress, or just advertising/driving traffic to that website?

^^ this, me thinks! 

New bride

i wish! i tried posting pics directly but it wouldn't let me, would be easier for everybody to see! and nope dear, just asking for some help, nothing more:) 

thanks for your answers anyway, we just don't have the same taste it s ok :) 

Bridezilla

Sorry but I don't really like any of those. I wouldn't even say the first two are 'verging' on indecent, they just straight up are. I would be horrified wearing something like that in front of my own family, let alone H2B's and would be equally horrified if I went to a wedding where the bride was wearing that. Looks more like something for the wedding night...

As for the VJ001, more decent but hate the tassels. It's also a completely different style and feel from the first two. Fair enough if you like the first two, go for something modern and slightly more 'out there' but why then switch to full on vintage?

I also wonder what ridiculous amount of money is being charged for the first two dresses when there's not enough fabric there to cover anything up properly  

Bridezilla

You can get wedding dresses in the style you like that are not see through, you need to keep looking. Go to a bridal shop and try some on

New bride

I do agree with some of the other comments that the dresses are quite sheer. But at the end of the day it’s your wedding and if those are the dresses you love then go for it! 

Personally I prefer the 009 as it’s still classy and I think in years to come it will still look that way. 007 in my view is pushing it a bit too far and when things are super fashionable now they may look dated in years to come.