Wedding fashion

Something old/new/borrowed/blue - what have you got?

1 to 9 of 9 posts

Bridezilla

inspired by the thread asking how old peoples something old is i thought I'd ask about the rest of it!

Those who are doing it what are you going for?

Something old - my granny's wedding ring which I'm having made into my wedding ring 

Something new - my floral crown (nothing else really counts lol dress was a sample gown, veil was second hand, shoes I've had for ages)

Something borrowed - not sure yet, I'm planning on asking my mum if she has a dainty gold bracelet I can borrow 

Something blue - my garter! White latex with blue lace :)

Bridezilla

New - Hmmm I think will be my jewelery (I have told H2B the necklace & earring set I want and it is going to be my wedding present from him). But my shoes were also new, my veil will be new lol

Old - Not a clue. I have things that are old but none are suitable.

Borrowed - Not a clue. Not sure what I could even borrow?

Blue - Navy blue is one of our wedding colours but I don't want it near me (the blue was H2B's choice while mine was the gold/other metallics we are using). I could do garter but I dont like them?

Yeah I am screwed with this lol

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Bridezilla

Something old - maybe the earrings I posted about :)

Something new - a necklace to match the earrings and my shoes

Something borrowed - I'm going to borrow one of my mum' perfumes  (maybe a slight cheat there) 

Something blue - I think either a blue anklet or blue on the bottom of my shoes 

And a six pence in my shoe 😉

Bridezilla

Sadieee wrote (see post):

New - Hmmm I think will be my jewelery (I have told H2B the necklace & earring set I want and it is going to be my wedding present from him). But my shoes were also new, my veil will be new lol

Blue - Navy blue is one of our wedding colours but I don't want it near me (the blue was H2B's choice while mine was the gold/other metallics we are using). I could do garter but I dont like them?

Could you borrow a hair pin or something? What are you doing with your hair?

And you can buy little decals to stick on the bottom of your shoes - you could get some in blue! If you're changing your name maybe your new initials, if not you and your fiancés initials?

Bridezilla

Old- lucky sixpence that H2B and I got each from a wedding shop that was closing down

Blue- manolo blahnik shoes

Borrowed- Mum is not yet aware but I’m raiding her jewellery box, she’s got some beautiful sapphire bits that I have my eye on 😂

New- tbc! 

Bridezilla

Something old - 24k gold nugget from my nan which will go on my bouquet

Something new - my dress

Somethig borrowed and blue - Blue eternity ring and blue bracelet

Six pence - from H2B grandads coin collection 

Bridezilla

New - Most of my outfit! 

Old - Not sure here. Possibly some ‘old‘ insoles for my shoes. Maybe an ‘old‘ picture of my late granddad attatched to my bouquet. 

Borrowed - I’ll probably borrow the backs of either my mum‘s or sister’s earrings (to wear with my new jewellery).

Blue - I am having blue thistle as part of my flower arrangement. Maybe I’ll paint my toenails blue 😂

I know the rhyme traditionally included a six pence; I’ve had a look on eBay and you can get them for around £1 so might get that as well.

Bridezilla

Awhelenqt wrote (see post):
Sadieee wrote (see post):

Could you borrow a hair pin or something? What are you doing with your hair?

And you can buy little decals to stick on the bottom of your shoes - you could get some in blue! If you're changing your name maybe your new initials, if not you and your fiancés initials?

Having my hair up, I have a headband already. I may ask my sister if she has any little hair pieces/pins from ehr wedding. Thanks for the idea!! :D

And same for decals, never thought of that. You're a star *hug*

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

New bride

something old- i'm wearing my trusty bra i've had for ages lol

something new- my dress

something borrowed- not sure yet!

something blue- my jewelery 

Only got 2 weeks to go, need to get something lol