Wedding fashion

Show us your dress on the model & on you!

1 to 20 of 44 posts

Bridezilla

Stolen from the Bee (because for once they actually had a nice thread haha and yes to those who posted on my previous board about that site, stalking it and laughing is still my guilty pleasure :D)

Show us your dress on the model and your dress on you!

Starting alterations in the next month or two, I would never have picked this dress based on the model pic!

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Bridezilla

I will do mine in a bit, but your dress looks fab on you! Better than on the model tbh.

I have a question - why are wedding dresses always photographed against a white background? It makes it really hard to see the detail!!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

I will do mine in a bit, but your dress looks fab on you! Better than on the model tbh.

I have a question - why are wedding dresses always photographed against a white background? It makes it really hard to see the detail!!

Aww thank you :D There are so many brides on here where I have seen them in their dress and thought they looked so much better than the model!

The background thing really annoys me, same as why do the model always stand funny or bend over or something? We want to see how the dress will look when we stand up straight, we arnt going to be draped over a bench somewhere or hanging over a piano!

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Bridezilla

Maggie Sottero aee good as they show their dresses on both slim and plus size brides:

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

That is such a good idea to show the dress on different sizes! Your dress is beautiful and I love the straps!

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Bridezilla

Here are the front and back on the model and front and back in me. Mine is Mori Lee 8219 ‘Keely’

Bridezilla

Sadieee wrote (see post):
MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

Aww thank you :D There are so many brides on here where I have seen them in their dress and thought they looked so much better than the model!

The background thing really annoys me, same as why do the model always stand funny or bend over or something? We want to see how the dress will look when we stand up straight, we arnt going to be draped over a bench somewhere or hanging over a piano!

Yep, in some of the pics of my dress the model is draped over a stepladder wearing a giant floppy hat! 

Bridezilla

Bridezilla

Sadieee wrote (see post):

That is such a good idea to show the dress on different sizes! Your dress is beautiful and I love the straps!

Thank you! Sadly I only have one strap as the shop lost the other (and I bought it as a sample without straps), but I need a lot cut off the bottom so I'm hoping the seamstress can make me another strap from offcuts! 

Wedding addict

Not been fitted to me yet 

Bridezilla

Loving all the dresses, and some seem really different when on a 'real' person!

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Bridezilla

I found the model photos didn’t do it justice. Much nicer In real life so I felt a bit anxious after buying until I got to see it again! 

Wedding addict

Mine is an Essensse of Australia dress. 

Bridezilla

@shitgotreal that is a stunning dress! 

Wedding addict

Added a belt to mine and then used the loop at the end of the night as the train was so long! 

Bridezilla

Not particularly good photos of me in it but still wanted to join in! The lighting in the shop makes it look very creamy but although it’s ivory it’s still very white!