Wedding fashion

Is this too much?

1 to 19 of 19 posts

New bride

Hello, a nervous first time poster,

I am getting married again and will be 48 on the big day, with two teenage children.  Went dress shopping and tried on this dress, is it too much?

Civil ceremony, smallish venue about 60 guests.

Honest opinions please!

Thank you :-)

Bridezilla

Definitely not too much it's BEAUTIFUL!!

Bridezilla

Its a lovely dress and suits you really well. But if you are asking the question that would suggest that you don't feel comfortable in it.

All that really matters is that you like your dress.... anyone else's opinion doesn't matter.

New bride

NOOOOO its perfect! very similar to what I am having actually. go for it! its stunning on you

New bride

Thank you for your kind replies.  I LOVE the dress and would love to wear it, is it just that at my advancing years, I worry that I am too old and whether people will expect me to wear something more age appropriate.

My aunt for example has mooted that I wear a tailored suit - I know I don't want to wear that!

xx

Wedding addict

wow it's beautiful 😊

Im 43 and wearing below dress and I'm a mum to 3 aged 24-15 and step mum to 5 and nanny of 5 lol, as long as you feel beautiful that's all that counts xx

Bridezilla

Such a beautiful dress! You're definitely not too old to wear it! It suits you perfectly and if it makes you feel beautiful, that's all that matters :-)

New bride

Future-Mrs-G wrote (see post):

wow it's beautiful 😊

Im 43 and wearing below dress and I'm a mum to 3 aged 24-15 and step mum to 5 and nanny of 5 lol, as long as you feel beautiful that's all that counts xx

Wow, you look amazing in your dress, I love it - too scared to show my face in my pics, but might pluck up the courage later!  You look great :-)

Bridezilla

The dress is beautiful and very flattering on you.  Your age, circumstances surrounding the marriage, and children have nothing to do with picking your dress. 

The only other considerations I'd take into account is if you feel it's appropriate to the venue and the overall formality of the day.  Those are things all brides consider, not just ones of a certain age, etc. If you're having a casual day barefoot on the beach, do you want a giant satin ballgown? If you're getting married in a cathedral, do you really want a skin-tight plain bodycon dress?  (Probably no's to both of those.)  If you feel the dress fits with the day and makes you feel great, then you've found the one.

Bridezilla

You look stunning xxxx

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/intimate-villa-cyprus-wedding---october-2018/432750.html

https://uk.pinterest.com/ruththomas1979/here-comes-the-bride/

Bridezilla

Love love love the dress on you. Ultimately, it's a case of whether you love it and whether it suits with the type of wedding you're having which I imagine the answer to is yes so go for it! :)

Bridezilla

You look lovely x

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Wedding addict

I say go for it too. The dress is beautiful xxx

Wedding addict

Future-Mrs-G wrote (see post):

wow it's beautiful 😊

You are so beautiful and so is your dress!

Wedding addict

Nodik wrote (see post):

Hello, a nervous first time poster,

I am getting married again and will be 48 on the big day, with two teenage children.  Went dress shopping and tried on this dress, is it too much?

Civil ceremony, smallish venue about 60 guests.

Honest opinions please!

Thank you :-)

Elegant and beautiful dress.If it makes you happy please dont let any negative thoughts detract you from looking like the stunner you are.Its your day and be sure to wear what you like,and this is clearly a goid choice 😀

Bridezilla

What a gorgeous dress. And it suits you so well.

Ad others have said If you feel great in it then go for it. It shouldn't be about what other people think but how it makes you feel. If however there is something inside you niggling then you might want to try on a couple 9f other options. You never know it might just reconfirm that this one is the one.