Receptions

Wedding Bands in Gloucester / Cotswolds / Bristol / Cardiff

1 to 12 of 12 posts

New bride

Hi all,

We're getting married in the Cotswolds (near Cirencester) in late August. I'm not local, so I'm really struggling with recommendations for local-ish bands.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you :) 

New bride

Hi, I'm local to the areas you've mentioned and we've gone with Coverland Wedding Band http://www.coverlandband.co.uk/ . Found them on Facebook but the communication has been spot on and seems to be a fair price.

Obviously, I've not had my wedding yet so can't comment first hand, but they've got some reviews of couples on their wedding day singing their praises and the recordings they've got seem really good.

Good luck with your search x

New bride

SilverHummingbird wrote (see post):

Hi, I'm local to the areas you've mentioned and we've gone with Coverland Wedding Band http://www.coverlandband.co.uk/ . Found them on Facebook but the communication has been spot on and seems to be a fair price.

Obviously, I've not had my wedding yet so can't comment first hand, but they've got some reviews of couples on their wedding day singing their praises and the recordings they've got seem really good.

Good luck with your search x

Would you mind telling me how much they were? I'm struggling working out what is reasonable!

New bride

No probs :) I'm all for being open and honest as I think we've got to help each other out.

We're paying just over £1k but we did book them and pay the deposit with loads of notice and it's the basic package.

From what I can remember from my research (well over a year ago). I remember thinking that South Wales (if they're willing to travel) we're ever so slightly cheaper than bigger city bands if that helps?

Wedding addict

Im having a band called Soul’d Out. They are from south wales but right on the border. We are having half the band and they are doing the music inbetween them singing and i think we are paying about £1,200. We are having half because i think there’s about 12 or so of them otherwise and we don’t need the full amount. 

Wedding addict

Hi Hollie-Lianne,

We hired The Sidekicks for our wedding in the Cotswolds last year. They are based in Somerset so they're quite local. Kept the dance floor packed all evening so I would highly recommend!

Here's a link to their youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge8Bg8l9GWU

Hope this helps :)

Wedding addict

Some good info on a site called FixTheMusic:

"A good rule of thumb is that the cost per musician in a wedding band for 2018 is roughly £275 to £325, so an acoustic duo would charge in the region of £550 to £650, a three-piece band charges approximately £825 to £975 and a four-piece band would cost about £1100 to £1,300 to hire for the evening’s entertainment."

Hope this helps :)

Bridezilla

That's funny Janet48,

as apparently you got married in Siena last year and had the Prodigal Duo play at your Wedding and now you got married in the Cotswolds at the same time with a different band? What a coincidence they are all from 'Fix the music'...

Bridezilla

@SilverHummingbird Paha love it! Had to watch it on repeat 

You can spot the self promoters a mile off though!

Jx

Bridezilla

We have booked Tommy and The Fuse, they are based in Gloucester. Haven't had our wedding day yet but have seen them a few times before and they were great! You can find them in Facebook and YouTube  x

New bride

I've not had my wedding yet so can't comment
Good luck