Receptions

This table layout?

1 to 16 of 16 posts

Bridezilla

So our venue has rectangle instead of round tables and the shape of the room is a also rectangle, this means that it's been tricky for me to imagine how to sort the tables out. After mentioning this to my decor people they suggested the following layout -

I have never attended a wedding with anything other than round tables positioned around the room so this was new to me. Table 1 and 3 would hold around 30 people on each and table 2 would hold around 24. I have had a play around with an online seating chart and it does work with the guests we have (easy to seperate those who dont get on for example), but I am just wondering if guests will find the look a bit weird? Or am I over thinking this and actaually this is a common layout idea and I have simply never come across it haha

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

Bridezilla

Thank you! Good to hear from someone who has attended a wedding with this layout!

I forgot to mention that the decor people could hire me round tables and have these brought in and taken away after but would cost around £400 haha shot down that idea straight away!

Bridezilla

Thank you! Pictures really help me visualise it

Bridezilla

I think having long tables off the top table works really well, but I would have that layout flipped round so the top table is at the other end rather than in the middle of the room with your backs to the dance floor x

Bridezilla

Ali S 71 wrote (see post):

I think having long tables off the top table works really well, but I would have that layout flipped round so the top table is at the other end rather than in the middle of the room with your backs to the dance floor x

H2B said that as well! I will mention this to the people. I think they said that way around so we were away from the bar where it could get noisy/busy but I don't think that would actually bother me (plus after the meal I will be dancing and moving around people so probably not sat there)

Bridezilla

Thanks everyone for putting my mind at rest :) I guess when you have only seen one way of doing things it's hard to be feel confident in going another way!

Bridezilla

Lexi90 wrote (see post):

I think it looks perfect. We are having two long rows off the top table for our wedding. I wanted flowers going all the way down the table and that feeling of a big dinner party, everyone together, with less focus on us separate from everyone else! 

Sounds lovely!! I think we are having a gold wishing tree style thing in the centre of each long table with baubles and simple decorations in golds, whites etc hanging from them (Dec wedding so small hints of christmas lol) and then a row of candles in all different heights running from each side of the tree for the length of the table. The top table will just have candles going all along the front the table. I think I am going to ask them to incorporate some things like hollysprigs, pine cones etc inbetween the candles

Bridezilla

I like that idea, one wall is glass overlooking the garden courtyward and the opposite wall is the origional stone, so if top table was against the stone wall you could look out! Not sure if it is wide enough though, would have to check!

So, after this thread I think I am going to speak to them about tweaking it to one of these two options then -

Thank you for helping me get my head around this :)

Bridezilla

That is the most used layout for our venue, though with two guest table not 3 as it is quite narrow. It is the same venue as Lexi. Here is their main marketing picture.

Wedding addict

We’re having long tables and I much prefer them, way more sociable cos you can talk to the people either side/opposite/diagonally rather than just either side on a round table. Think your new layout looks great! 

Bridezilla

So glad this is a well used layout and it's just me that has never done it 😂

Wedding addict

Oooooo I'm glad you posted about this! Our venue doesn't have the round tables either, but an assortment of different rectangles/squares, but it's actually a round room...?? I've just realised how strange that is haha!

I love how these all look! Reminds me of grand medieval banqueting! With the King and Queen at the top! Very fitting! x