Receptions

south west france 'covers' band

1 to 10 of 10 posts

New bride

hello

getting married in dordogne area of france, desperately trying to find a brilliant FRENCH pop/soul covers band

any advice welcome

thanks

New bride

If you find one pass the details really struggling x

New bride

Hi - I play with a wedding band named 'Caged' based in the Dordogne. 60's,70,s and 80's rock and roll - Beatles, Stones, Dire straits, Bryan Adams ( to name but a very few), along with more recent numbers. You'll probably know them all. Please check out our Website at www.caged.fr 

Best wishes for your big day,

Graham Bailey

New bride

Hello Jster.

Not sure if you've managed to find a band for your wedding, or even if the big day has already passed, but if not Ripit Encore - British band in a "British" London Cab in the South of France. We are Wedding musicians who can entertain from the ceremoney, through to the coctail, dinner and dance. We are even DJ's if need be... No cheesy backing tracks, just real live honest music with a wide range of genres from 2, 3 or 4 professional musicians. From duo, trio or four piece to suit your budget and requirements.

Jazz, pop, rock, rock 'n' roll, blues, reggae, solo guitarist, and even some Indie pop - 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's to present day...

if we have enough time, we could even learn your preferred ceremony music, and your first dance.

Here's our website address where you can find links to a few partners and sponsors too: www.ripitencore.com

Great sound, lighting and professional - Competitive rates.

Even got the perfect wedding car 

Read about us in FrenchEntrée: www.frenchentree.com/languedoc/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=48540

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kent and Jake for Ripit Encore

www.ripitencore.com +33 680 438977

New bride

Check our www.brightlightsband.com based in Nice. Absolutely fantastic, played for a family members wedding last year and i've luckily booked them for mine this summer. Brilliant cover band.

New bride

Hi,

An update here on Graham's comment above. Caged is now SouthWest - an all-live, five piece playing weddings and parties throughout the Dordogne and southwest France. I'm the keyboard player, and am also available to play solo piano during cocktails, the wedding feast - or even the ceremony. I realise this is an old thread, but our website is still getting hits from here quite regularly and I thought you'd want to have the latest details.

Oh, the band's set is three or four hours and we've been known to do encores of 90 minutes. Check out the website at http://www.south-west.fr/ for details...

New bride

Hi - Graham here with an update on the cheeky entry above From Alex -  who only played with Caged once or twice . Caged is still Caged and always has been. It has absolutely nothing to do with SouthWest. Caged has been going for many years and recently replaced their singer with a newer,better and prettier version. We can be found at Caged-live.com. Please visit our website to see if Caged can help for your wedding music needs in the Dordogne. We'd love to play for your big day.

Wedding addict

I can recommend www.fixthemusic.com - they work with a few UK-based bands that travel to Europe for weddings, and local French ones too :)

Wedding addict

A few more pop covers bands in the South of France (heard them all playing live!) are:

- Vital Signs (based in Toulouse)

- The Travellers (French Riviera)

- The Rascals (Monaco)

- The Boatmen (Nice, France)

- The Kaisers (Provence)

- High Jinx (Cannes)

Also I can recommend Mixology Sax & DJ, based in Bordeaux if you're looking for something a bit more chilled!

Hope this helps :)