Receptions

Marquee Help!

1 to 7 of 7 posts

Bridezilla

Hi everyone!

I'm getting married in August 2018 and I'm currently having a mini meltdown about how to decorate our marquee!

I'm worried it's going to be way too plain but we don't have a huge budget to spend on styling. Here's how it all stands at the mo:

*It's a large permanent marquee with grey/black carpet.

*I'm hiring chiavari chairs instead of having chair covers as I think this will add more character to the room.

*My floral centrepieces are going to be tall and overhanging which will hopefully add some wow-factor.

*Tables will all have a duck egg blue table runner.

What else can I do to add pizazz?

I quite like the idea of hiring artificial blossom trees but not sure if it's worth the cost?

Any suggestions would be welcome! X

Wedding addict

Hiya!!! I am having a marquee too so know how you are feeling... my main things are lights lights and more lights!!! Fairy lights lights on the ceiling etc. We are also going to hire real trees/shrubs in. This isn't actually as expensive as you think it can be anything from £10-70 dependent on what you get. 

Once you get a cake table + people + evening guests + selfie booth or whatever you are having I feel like the space gets consumed!!

My marquee will be at my parents in the garden, we are going to use the features that are already in the garden and build the marquee around them so sounds odd but hopefully it'll work incorporating the patio and hedging plus two bushes already in the lawn! 

Good luck! 

Bridezilla

Cat93 wrote (see post):

Hiya!!! I am having a marquee too so know how you are feeling... my main things are lights lights and more lights!!! Fairy lights lights on the ceiling etc. We are also going to hire real trees/shrubs in. This isn't actually as expensive as you think it can be anything from £10-70 dependent on what you get. 

Once you get a cake table + people + evening guests + selfie booth or whatever you are having I feel like the space gets consumed!!

My marquee will be at my parents in the garden, we are going to use the features that are already in the garden and build the marquee around them so sounds odd but hopefully it'll work incorporating the patio and hedging plus two bushes already in the lawn! 

Good luck! 

Our venue has some fairy lights in the ceiling, I would like more but as it's a permanent marquee they are pretty restrictive. But I'm definitely going to look into how we can use lights in other ways!

Love the idea of hiring real trees too, I hadn't thought of this so thanks! 

I think I'm probably overthinking it and I won't even notice the details on the day! It's just such a blank canvas at the moment I don't know where to begin 

Thanks, you too! x

New bride

Is the marquee lined? Can you have pom poms dangling from the ceiling to fill the height? Also agree with the above poster that you can't have enough lights. 

Bridezilla

kate268 wrote (see post):

Is the marquee lined? Can you have pom poms dangling from the ceiling to fill the height? Also agree with the above poster that you can't have enough lights. 

It is but unfortunately we're only allowed to hang from between the two middle poles if that makes sense. Nice idea though, I think some hanging elements will help fill the empty space! x

New bride

I saw a post on a blog where they had made loads of origami cranes and hung them from the marquee - you could look into this as a little DIY project?

Bridezilla

Kitten2018 wrote (see post):

I saw a post on a blog where they had made loads of origami cranes and hung them from the marquee - you could look into this as a little DIY project?

I just googled this, looks fab! I'm gonna have another look around our venue and look at where we could hang them  x