Planning

What entertainment?

1 to 14 of 14 posts

Bridezilla

Hmm I have never been to a wedding that had entertainment during the day. Do you mean for the inbetween bits? I always use that time to grab a drink and relax a bit, chat with friends & family etc.

Wedding addict

I honestly don't think entertainment is needed, so long as you have drinks, dancing and people to chat to!

The only entertainment at a wedding I've attended that I really thought added to the day, was one where they set up outdoor games in the gardens of the venue - welly throwing, croquet etc. That was great fun but obviously weather dependant! 

New bride

I really wanted a band after attending my sisters wedding.  They had a group called the John langan band who were amazing! Everyone was up dancing the whole night, but the expense was eye watering! 3,500 plus expenses, hotel and evening meal, as they travelled from Scotland to the lake district. We arranged a Dj through www.planmyceremony.com who included all lights and effects he dressed the venue with. Me and my wife love soul music and he even did us the perfect playlist which was nicely mixed with Disney and little mix for the kids who were there. It's tough to find someone reliable and talented but they did the hard work and it was amazing! Really made the night! 

Wedding addict

We've booked a DJ through the venue (we're not having any live music), a 10 minute firework show and we're also looking at getting a photo booth. I know lots of people have said these are overdone, but I love the idea of capturing all of my guests' photos and having them as a keepsake. 

New bride

A magician who walks around between your guests at the welcome drinks phase will delight your guests.

Would also recommend an acoustic duo if you want live music at that stage.

Dave Carter
Manager/Guitarist
LeFunk! Wedding and Function Band
07754 781 578
www.lefunk.co.uk
www.facebook.com/lefunkuk
www.twitter.com/lefunk_band
www.soundcloud.com/lefunk-3

Bridezilla

We had a caricaturist come and do drawings for people after dinner but before the evening kicked off - he went down really well and a lot of guests have kept their pictures so a nice keepsake for them to have xx

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;53;93/st/20150620/e/Our+Wedding/dt/4/k/8aa8/event.png

Wedding addict

LeFunk Wedding Band wrote (see post):

A magician who walks around between your guests at the welcome drinks phase will delight your guests.

Sorry, but a magician interrupting while I catch up with friends wouldn't delight me, it would annoy me!

Bridezilla

I'm def not a fan of them either, no magician, thanks.  A professional organisation I belong to had one for their Christmas party entertainment a few years ago, and my ex husband had a work event with one years ago - both a big "no."  Food, drink, conversation, and maybe some music later on, that's all I need at a wedding.  I think anything else is honestly a waste of money.  I haven't seen anything both novel and completely engaging done at a wedding in years.