Planning

We're getting married this month! Anyone else?

21 to 40 of 41 posts

Wedding addict

We're the 28th July too 😊  hard to believe it's come around so fast for us, been engaged nearly two years now... Is anyone else hoping this weather lasts or would you rather it cooler?  Bit worried we'll all be fainting in our finery! 😂

Bridezilla

II hope the weather is nice but wouldnt mind couple little clouds for photos so everyone not squinting.  And hopefully is a little cooler. I've got paper fans arriving today and going to put them in a little basket incase, thought they might be handy if it is hot. Xxx

Bridezilla

Leannjuly18 wrote (see post):

II hope the weather is nice but wouldnt mind couple little clouds for photos so everyone not squinting.  And hopefully is a little cooler. I've got paper fans arriving today and going to put them in a little basket incase, thought they might be handy if it is hot. Xxx

Fans!! This is a fab idea, think I might get some for Vegas. I think they’d be appreciated.

Bridezilla

VegasLou wrote (see post):

Fans!! This is a fab idea, think I might get some for Vegas. I think they’d be appreciated.

Yes I also think they will be appreciated if it is hot. We have got 70 day guests, only ordered 50 though as don't think everyone will have one. They were delivered this morning and I love them. :-)

Here's the link for the ones I ordered,

www.partybagsrus.co.uk/paper-fan-party-bag-toys-1465-p.asp

Says they are party bag fillers but also good for weddings so thought I would take a chance on them and glad I did as they will be small enough when folded down to go in handbags and they re quite sturdy for their purpose. Also as they aren't expensive doesn't really matter if they don't get used or get left at the end of the night. xx

Bridezilla

Well it's wedding week. And just as I expected already had couple stressy moments. First the suits didn't arrive on Monday like they were supposed to so they had to try them on Tuesday evening instead, wasn't ideal but that's sorted now. Then Tuesday morning I see my sister in law putting Facebook posts on about "change is good" and "embrace it" all while cheating on my sister so I phone my sister and hear her crying saying that my sister I'm law isn't coming to the wedding and they are over etc start panicking and try and talk to my sister and make her see she's worth more than that. Anyway couple hours later, sister phones back saying that they've talked and decided she's coming. What!! Anyway that's that. Then my other sister who's flying from Edinburgh Wednesday morning,  has a gall bladder attack, first one she's had in 7weeks but assured me she's ok and will be on the plane. And now tonight, our 7 month old decided he wanted to be up 12-3 which he never does, hes gone bk to sleep and now I'm wide awake!!! Right no more to go wrong now 😑 xxx 

Wedding addict

Ooh I’ve thought of fans previously but not seen them that reasonable! Are they an ok size when they are opened out?xx 

Bridezilla

Yep they are, they do the job which ia the main xx

Wedding addict

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like their wedding isn't really happening. I'm 3 weeks away and still doesn't feel real despite everything being done and paid for. Maybe it's because I've been planning for over 2 years.

New bride

Happy wedding day Leann, and to everyone else getting married! X

Wedding addict

Nikki-93 wrote (see post):

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like their wedding isn't really happening. I'm 3 weeks away and still doesn't feel real despite everything being done and paid for. Maybe it's because I've been planning for over 2 years.

Definitely!  Also been planning for nearly two years, wedding date is the 28th and it def. doesn't feel real!  I think we've found it all a little too easy and stress free once we'd booked the venue so we're panicking in case there are vital things we've forgot! 

Wedding addict

Congratulations!! I'm sure your day will be super beautiful! 

I hope I can get everything sorted like you have, I really don't want to have lots left to do and a stressful week leading up to it. I guess you never know what will happen though.

Looks like it will be nice weather too :) hope you have a wonderful day!

Cecilia x

My planning thread : http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/relaxed-summer-wedding-in-the-chilterns/454084.html

Wedding addict

Julia101 wrote (see post):
Nikki-93 wrote (see post):

Definitely!  Also been planning for nearly two years, wedding date is the 28th and it def. doesn't feel real!  I think we've found it all a little too easy and stress free once we'd booked the venue so we're panicking in case there are vital things we've forgot! 

I feel the same way, we also have the same wedding date. Felt a little bit more real at my final dress fitting today but i still need to pinch myself. I’ve had it too easy so im bracing myself for something bad to happen.

Wedding addict

I’m the 28th July too! I had a dress fitting today and realised how hot I was in my dress, in particular my legs (Sorry if too much info!). Does anyone have any tips for keeping cool?xx 

Wedding addict

I'm a bit worried about it being as hot as it is at the mo... My dress is a slim mermaid style but still a very supportive fabric, I almost fainted twice trying it on at a fitting two weeks ago! I think the best thing would be to stay out of the sun as much as possible on the morning and throughout the meal... Hopefully it will cool a bit then in the evening... I'm also taking an old ivory colour short dress for the evening if I really want to change... Although it's more likely I'll need to change after tipping something over myself 😂  Although the weather could still change... Imagine how amazing a thunderstorm photo would be though 😉 

Wedding addict

Yep they are, they do the job which ia the main xx

Thank you so much for this recommendation, I ordered some and they arrived this morning!xx

Wedding addict

Future brides or brides already married, what are you/did you do with your bouquet after the wedding day?xx 

Bridezilla

Thanyou ladies. I'm now MrsW 😀 we had an amazing day 💟💟💟

Wedding addict

Congratulations, you look beautiful.xx