Planning

Stuck with music...what are you walking up the aisle to?

1 to 19 of 19 posts

Wedding addict

I am so stuck with what to walk up the aisle to. Our band will be there so they can do the acoustic version, but am really stuck with what to go for. We're having an outdoor wedding ceremony. I like the drama of Lana del ray but am also a massive chilled out bon iver fan. I also love classical music and I also love bands like Sigur Ros who have some excellent tunes.

Have you picked your music yet, if you don't mind sharing would love some inspiration of music I might not have considered yet. Nothing too main stream.

Thanks so much,

xx 

Wedding addict

Mine is Butterfly Waltz by Brian Crain.

No words just music but it really gets to me and I feel like it is perfect. He has other amazing pieces on his youtube.

x

Wedding addict

Kelly224 wrote (see post):

Mine is Gravity by Embrace, not sure if that's considered mainstream or not but it's a bit different from my normal tastes in music anyway 

Oh that's a beautiful track.

I think by mainstream I just mean I want to try and stay away from anything in the charts from the last few months. But that's just personal preference..x 

Bridezilla

I walked down the aisle to a piano version of Stone Roses, This is the One. You can find an acoustic version of pretty much anything nowadays which means the world really is your oyster!

Wedding addict

GettingWed1803 wrote (see post):

No words just music but it really gets to me and I feel like it is perfect. He has other amazing pieces on his youtube.

x

This is gorgeous. I love the idea of a piano piece...hmmm

Bridezilla

Hopefully...

Going to walk in to When The Right One Comes Along by Clare Bowen & Sam Palladio but it's country so probably not your thing.

Love Sigur Ros though, we're having Hoppippola played while we sign the register along with You In The Sky by The Waterboys.

Then walking out to You've Got A Friend In Me by Randy Newman from Toy Story, as it's one of our son's favourites.

This is all subject to OH's final approval though. It's really hard to sort ceremony music for us as I listen to country/pop/soft rock/indie while my OH only really listens to House, Dubstep and questionable 80s tunes! He hates all the music I love and vice versa.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

x

I've just listened to that, it's lovely!

I also love Pachelbel's Canon in D, but because we have a particularly short aisle I'm going to have it played while the guests arrive and take their seats etc. as it's just too long.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Wedding addict

MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

x

I've just listened to that, it's lovely!

I also love Pachelbel's Canon in D, but because we have a particularly short aisle I'm going to have it played while the guests arrive and take their seats etc. as it's just too long.

That's a nice idea, I hadn't thought of music for when people take their seats! Yikes! Need to get a list going x

Bridezilla

I really really want something by Alan Menken that he did for Disney's Tangled (partially because I just love the tune and partially because it's my favourite Disney film). Hoping it will make me feel like a real Disney princess haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKWmqZIrZKI

I imagine the doors opening around 0:38-0:40s in for a real grand entrance before the beautiful melody kicks in! 

Bridezilla

I walked down the aisle to Concerning Hobbits from LOTR

Wedding addict

MrsMG wrote (see post):

LOVE THAT! What made you go with that? Assuming you're a big LOTR fan? 

Wedding addict

So I love classical music, Philharmonic orchestra etc. Was looking at maybe Hogwarts Hymn from Goblet of Fire. Not sure if it's a bit "dramatic". I have 6 bridesmaids and me to get down the aisle, So I think something in the 2-3min range should be enough time to get us all down the aisle. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcj6IHCtodU

Bridezilla

Desertpixie wrote (see post):
MrsMG wrote (see post):

LOVE THAT! What made you go with that? Assuming you're a big LOTR fan? 

Yeah both me and my husband are huge LOTR fans .Our vows were pretty much all LOTR book and movies quotes adapted to sound more vow-ish 

Wedding addict

i'm walking down to a piano version of a thousand years by Christina Perri, from the twilight films which is probably quite a normal choice. 

Forever now by Kristian Bush (the theme tune to say yes to the dress) was my other option but h2b didnt like it 

Wedding addict

Kelllie wrote (see post):

i'm walking down to a piano version of a thousand years by Christina Perri, from the twilight films which is probably quite a normal choice. 

Forever now by Kristian Bush (the theme tune to say yes to the dress) was my other option but h2b didnt like it 

Say Yes to the Dress is 100% my guilty pleasure. I wonder if there are any new seasons on youtube...

Wedding addict

Desertpixie wrote (see post):
Kelllie wrote (see post):

Say Yes to the Dress is 100% my guilty pleasure. I wonder if there are any new seasons on youtube...

i'm not sure about youtube, but i heard there is a new season of the atlanta one but i think thats just in america for now.

New bride

I got married in Feb and walked down the aisle to A Thousand Years by The Piano Guys

New bride

I'm walking down the aisle to the 2nd movement of Beethovens Pathetique sonata. I studied classical music at Uni and always loved the piece. That's the only bit i know for certain though, the other music is still to be decided!