Planning

Show me your menus!

21 to 26 of 26 posts

Bridezilla

Rach371 wrote (see post):

Sian your menu sounds very similar to mine, maybe we have the same caterer!

My nan wants a plain chicken breast with no garlic anywhere near her food!

We’re getting married in Cornwall and the caterer is from there, what about you? 

Hahah- mine is so unwilling to try anything, she would rather starve and at 83 she won’t change haha

Bridezilla

Sian91 wrote (see post):
Rach371 wrote (see post):

Sian your menu sounds very similar to mine, maybe we have the same caterer!

My nan wants a plain chicken breast with no garlic anywhere near her food!

We’re getting married in Cornwall and the caterer is from there, what about you? 

Hahah- mine is so unwilling to try anything, she would rather starve and at 83 she won’t change haha

Ah maybe not, mines from Wiltshire. Our caterer really thinks outside the box and it sounds as though yours does too! Your menu sounds delicious.

I have my gran refusing to eat garlic and my aunty who's made up a nut allergy (she's definitely NOT allergic) so it's great fun!

Bridezilla

We've provisionally chosen the following options - we get 4 choices for each course:

Welcome drinks - Pimms or Orange Juice or Iced Water

Canapes - Smoked salmon & cream cheese, vegetable spring rolls, assorted mini tartlets

Starters

1) Either prawn cocktail OR smoked Scottish salmon with lemon OR cod & pancetta fishcakes - got to choose one, opinions?? Leaning towards the fishcakes as I'm allergic to prawns but love them, and don't want food envy on my wedding day 😂

2)Duck & mango salad with raspberry vinaigrette

3) Chicken liver & brandy pate served with toast and tomato & red onion chutney - OH's choice

4) Cherry tomato & mozzarella bruschetta OR tomato, mozzarella & rocket salad - need to decide

Mains

1) Very boring chicken or turkey roast dinner to cater for OH's family who are very plain eaters

2) Rack of lamb with a pistachio crust and red wine reduction

3)Sea bass with lime, ginger & prawn butter OR Scottish salmon with coriander butter - depends which fish starter we choose.

4) Roasted vegetable enchilada OR roasted butternut squash with wild mushroom stroganoff & rice - need to decide

All served with roast potatoes, minted new potatoes, carrots, sugar snap peas and baby corn.

Desserts

1)Eton mess

2) Cheese board served with crackers, grapes, celery & a mini port

3)Raspberry & white chocolate mascarpone cheesecake

4) Lemon pie, or toffee, pecan & apple crumble pie - got to decide

Prosecco or sparkling rose for toasts ( I don't like champagne)

We get half a bottle of wine per person for the meal, but hoping to swap some of these out and have half wine/half iced bottled beer on the tables, as none of the men in our families are wine drinkers.

Evening bbq

Burgers, Kentish sausages & onions in rolls, potato salad, coleslaw, tomato & onion salad, green salad. Then will serve the wedding cake with this also.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

Absolutely salivating at your menus Sian & Awhelenqt! Sadly if we served anything more exciting than we are we'd have a guest mutiny as so many of our families are exceptionally plain eaters, including my OH!

I also love The Ivy, and I'm lucky because my little bro is a head chef in The Ivy group so I quite often get free meals there 😁

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

We've provisionally chosen the following options - we get 4 choices for each course:

Welcome drinks - Pimms or Orange Juice or Iced Water

Canapes - Smoked salmon & cream cheese, vegetable spring rolls, assorted mini tartlets

Starters

1) Either prawn cocktail OR smoked Scottish salmon with lemon OR cod & pancetta fishcakes - got to choose one, opinions?? Leaning towards the fishcakes as I'm allergic to prawns but love them, and don't want food envy on my wedding day 😂

2)Duck & mango salad with raspberry vinaigrette

3) Chicken liver & brandy pate served with toast and tomato & red onion chutney - OH's choice

4) Cherry tomato & mozzarella bruschetta OR tomato, mozzarella & rocket salad - need to decide

Mains

1) Very boring chicken or turkey roast dinner to cater for OH's family who are very plain eaters

2) Rack of lamb with a pistachio crust and red wine reduction

3)Sea bass with lime, ginger & prawn butter OR Scottish salmon with coriander butter - depends which fish starter we choose.

4) Roasted vegetable enchilada OR roasted butternut squash with wild mushroom stroganoff & rice - need to decide

All served with roast potatoes, minted new potatoes, carrots, sugar snap peas and baby corn.

Desserts

1)Eton mess

2) Cheese board served with crackers, grapes, celery & a mini port

3)Raspberry & white chocolate mascarpone cheesecake

4) Lemon pie, or toffee, pecan & apple crumble pie - got to decide

Prosecco or sparkling rose for toasts ( I don't like champagne)

We get half a bottle of wine per person for the meal, but hoping to swap some of these out and have half wine/half iced bottled beer on the tables, as none of the men in our families are wine drinkers.

Evening bbq

Burgers, Kentish sausages & onions in rolls, potato salad, coleslaw, tomato & onion salad, green salad. Then will serve the wedding cake with this also.

No idea about your guests dietary requirements but as a pescetarian I would advise you keep the fish starter to just fish - no pancetta! I also think the stroganoff goes better with the menu - if I had an enchilada I'd feel like I stuck out like a sore thumb! I once went to my uncles and they all had roast dinner and i had a little asian salad which I would normally love but I wanted the roast just without the meat haha It all sounds delicious though :)

Bridezilla

Thanks that's something to think about! I don't think we actually have any vegetarians or pescatarians coming but will still give the option - I'm not veggie but quite often choose veggie options as I'm not a huge fan of big lumps of meat..