Planning

Set menu prices Adults/Kids under 3yo

1 to 6 of 6 posts

New bride

Hello, I need some advice.

We have found a beautiful venue which I known for it’s amazing food. We are very happy with what the Adult set 3course menu includes for £43. However the Kids menu is £26 per child. We are happy to pay this for my two youngest cousins who will be 8, 5. We also have three under 3 year olds coming to the wedding, do you think £26 Is a lot to pay for a 2yo. How do I approach this with the venue/parents? Of course I am over the moon to have them there either way, but if I can spend more on presents to keep them entertained than fancy food they will not we would. 

Thank you in advance. x

Bridezilla

Did your venue say you would have to have the same kids menu for the under 3’s? you could always check with the venue if the parents can bring their own lunchboxes for the little ones? Do you know what the kids menu is? Our venue is £35 per child which I think is ridiculous but I’ve seen the menu and I at least know that they will eat the food on there as it’s standard kids options, sausages, fish fingers etc. And ice cream sundaes for pudding. I would definitely check out the options with your venue first before approaching the parents about it. 

Wedding addict

My venue has 3 pricing structures:

adult menu (12 years and over)

child‘s menu (up to 12 years), which I believe is £15-£20ish but I can’t actually remember!

infants (under 2 years) are fed for free

Bridezilla

ours was £10 per child. They had cheesy garlic bread, then burger and chips, then an ice cream sundae with cookie crumbles.

We had a 2 and 3 year old, and they only picked at the main, 2 almost full burgers went back to the kitchen. So I would speak to the venue and ask them if there another option, toddlers are often fussy anyway so it’s such a waste to spend so much.

New bride

Thank you, that’s good to know. I will speak to the venue and see what they recommend. I just wondered what other venues were like. :)