Planning

Looking to do a wedding for just the 2 of us, stuck on location venues !

1 to 4 of 4 posts

New bride

Hi everyone,

so I recently got engaged and am scouring the internet for the almost perfect wedding venue (as I know I'll never be able to find what I really want).

We're basically looking to enlope, anywhere in England or Scotland, but ideally in a gothic style venue for a gothic feel. 

Does anyone have any ideas? Im at such a loss :(

Bridezilla

I know you said venue but (please bare with me), Scotland gives you the option to get married outside. I know, weather is a problem. But the weather can add a moody element to it, imainge fog rolling in, dark stormy clouds etc. The rest of the UK you need to get married between certains times, not in Scotland. Scottish law allows you to get married wherever and whenever you want.  Before we settled on the US, Scotland was a real contender. 

The mountain bothy, Schiehallion

Roulotte Retreat, Scottish Borders  

Cairngorm Mountain Resort, Aviemore 

Isle of Skye

Doune Castle, Stirling

A lot of the gothic element will come from what you wear, accessories that type of thing. 

Bridezilla

Does it have to be in the UK? We got married at San Galgano Abbey in Tuscany and I know that quite a lot of elopement type ceremonies take place here. Our wedding planner Hewelin Vanni at Marry Me in Tuscany has arranged quite a few and you can see these on her blog on the website. (The pictures are the abbey but not us)

Bridezilla

It’s not gothic architecture but Ocean Kave in Devon does elopement. It’s cave (as the name suggests) and there’s definitely a gothic feel to it.