Planning

Just for fun...

1 to 19 of 19 posts

Wedding addict

If you could be granted a wedding genie who could give you 1 wedding wish, what would it be?

It could be anything, but it can't be to grant more wedding wishes! 

I think mine would be to switch my wedding evening performer to Beyonce. 

Your turn! x 

New bride

That is hard!

Totally selfish ......but to wear a couture dress by Vivienne Westwood , although it would probably be over the top for the venue!

Wedding addict

Kate-16 wrote (see post):

That is hard!

Totally selfish ......but to wear a couture dress by Vivienne Westwood , although it would probably be over the top for the venue!

OOOOH - that is a good one! Love VW. 

Bridezilla

For all my family to get on, even if only for one day......that or to be about 6 stone lighter!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

Fickle me..  Triple my budget! Maybe with a lil extra as well...

Or the guarantee for the perfect weather would be nice!

Bridezilla

Triple my budget so that I could get everything we wanted without compromise :)

Bridezilla

Hmm this is tough! But I think my wish would be to have everything run smoothly - no hiccups! I have such a fear that a supplier won’t turn up or they show up with the wrong etc.  

Wedding addict

MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

For all my family to get on, even if only for one day......that or to be about 6 stone lighter!

Ha - it was also a toss up for me between Beyonce and being 3 dress sizes smaller on the day with zero effort on diet & gym lol! x 

Wedding addict

Perfect weather for me!

Wedding is next Saturday and the forecast is rain :(

Bridezilla

Mine would have been - I wish I could relive the wedding day again whenever I wanted. I had a great day.

Bridezilla

To have my Dad there, he passed away 15 years ago but I miss him every day.

Wedding addict

Samantha265 wrote (see post):

I'm so sorry, you must have missed him terribly on the day x 

Bridezilla

To have a year long luxery honeymoon!

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-wedding-reports/our-castle-foody-boozy-wedding/442990.html

Bridezilla

Either to have an unlimited floral budget, or to have a full-time planner.  

I love flowers (my mum was a florist and I used to work in the industry part-time) and I'm obsessed with all of the beautiful flower walls, ceiling-hung installations, and giant floral arches you see on Pinterest and in magazines for these million dollar weddings. People often don't realize in planning their weddings that even ONE of these designs cost thousands.

I'd also love a full-time planner. Time is the thing my OH and I struggle with the most and always have; we work entirely too much. Researching, meeting/ interviewing, selecting, and then managing vendors is practically a full-time job, and we don't have that kind of time. I'd love a planner that could do a lot of that work - especially the follow-up stuff - and just present me with the info for final decisions.

Bridezilla

Desertpixie wrote (see post):
Samantha265 wrote (see post):

I'm so sorry, you must have missed him terribly on the day x 

Yes, we all did. It's when we are all together that his absence is most obvious. My mum gave me away instead. We're lucky in the sense that I wouldn't have wanted to spend any more money than we did or anything like that. A huge honeymoon would have been nice but would just make coming back to reality even harder! 

Wedding addict

KittyFiennes wrote (see post):

Either to have an unlimited floral budget, or to have a full-time planner.  

I love flowers (my mum was a florist and I used to work in the industry part-time) and I'm obsessed with all of the beautiful flower walls, ceiling-hung installations, and giant floral arches you see on Pinterest and in magazines for these million dollar weddings. People often don't realize in planning their weddings that even ONE of these designs cost thousands.

I'd also love a full-time planner. Time is the thing my OH and I struggle with the most and always have; we work entirely too much. Researching, meeting/ interviewing, selecting, and then managing vendors is practically a full-time job, and we don't have that kind of time. I'd love a planner that could do a lot of that work - especially the follow-up stuff - and just present me with the info for final decisions.

OMG yes - the flowers. I am a huge flower fan as well. We've really had to scale back on what I would like to do, as there is no way we could afford to do it then way we would love to. Would love some Elton John-esque floral budget! 

Bridezilla

MrsMG wrote (see post):

Mine would have been - I wish I could relive the wedding day again whenever I wanted. I had a great day.

This for me too, we had such a blast especially in the evening!

On the flip side, I really regret not losing the 5 stone I have before the wedding. I look at dresses now and wish so much that I'd been a thin bride!

Bridezilla

Torn between

Being a comfortable size 8 in my dress without all the hard work it takes and being able to eat all the pasta and drink all the wine I like without worrying about it! (We get married in Italy so carbs and wine are a big feature and my biggest downfall with diets and I'm currently a large 12!)

Or

Ability and finances to swan off on a year long, round the world honeymoon with a luxury budget. My fiance has children so this wouldn't really be feasible, even if we could afford it!