Planning

How are you showing your personality?

1 to 20 of 33 posts

New bride

Hey ladies, 

Just wondering what little touches you are planning to have or did have at your wedding? And what things are you having to reflect your personality? 

I am hoping to include traditions from both our cultures and also have packets of crisps handed out at the end of the night because they are my favourite thing ever. 

What about you? 

xx

Bridezilla

To reflect my partner - we're getting married in a brewery! And we're having loads of foliage because green is his favorite colour and lots of his favourite foods. Lots of scandi touches (he's not nordic he just loves the culture so much and has visited the various countries so many times).

To reflect me - bouncy castle, glitter, gin, yellow... And my entire look is very "me". Pink fluffy shoes, big dramatic floral crown and belt, modern crop top, dramatic make up, pink hair, kitsch novelty belt, dramatic long veil. Costume change including a massive layered meringue skirt and pom pom veil.

Bridezilla

We’ve gone subtle hence subtly us...

When people are coming into the room we’re playing bands that we’ve seen live together.

Our first dance is a cover of our favourite band 

We’re having Lebanese food because that’s exactly what we like to eat

R has a green suit because it’s much more him

I’m doing my own make up because I don’t like it when others do it generally

My parents neighbour whose known me 20 years is making our cake

We’re buying things we like for decoration and have dry hire- plenty of booze we and those we care about love with lots of eating.

finally and maybe most importantly, we are writing our own vows 

Wedding addict

We are getting married on the grounds of a private water ski club we are members of.

I will arrive on our own boat from across the river... we will waterski in my morning wedding dress and my H2b will only wear a wastecoat instead of a full suit with jacket...

we are writing our own vows and we are having donouts instead of cake as we both dont like icing nor buttercream on the traditional cakes...

Bridezilla

We chose our wedding date around when we met (at a bonfire night party) and incidentally shared our first kiss ☺️ We are also having fireworks and sparklers to commemorate this. 

Edit:

I realised the above wasn’t really what you were asking 😂 I’ve incorporated my likes/tastes into the decor and am using lots of lanterns and fairy lights. My dress is quite unique and definitely shows my personality (or at least I‘d like to think so). We’re having a sweet table and I love sweets! 

We’re going to playing some of our favourite songs/music in the evening. 

Overall, we are both quite chilled people and like spending time together, so we want our day to reflect that in a way. Just a nice atmosphere where people can sit, relax and chat.

Bridezilla

Bebe2 wrote (see post):

Hey ladies, 

Just wondering what little touches you are planning to have or did have at your wedding? And what things are you having to reflect your personality? 

I am hoping to include traditions from both our cultures and also have packets of crisps handed out at the end of the night because they are my favourite thing ever. 

What about you? 

xx

Crisps!!!! They are my favourite too!! My favourite food, if I don't have them at least once a day I get sad.

Wish I'd thought if that!!

We had a few Star Wars bits through our wedding such as R2D2 models dotted about, and Star Wars quotes on our favours. My husband loves Star Wars and I quite enjoy it myself. We had a cake topper which had a Game of Thrones quote on which again my husband loves. The colour scheme is my favourite colour. I chose a lot of the decor so it kind of reflected my likes. 

Husband's suit was vintage style which we both love. We had a vintage box to hold our favours which again reflects our style......old!! Our first dance was an acoustic cover of a Muse song we love. 

Wedding addict

We're having a friends quote for our cake topper (He's her lobster) as we both love friends, then the tables will be named after Game of Thrones houses as fiance is a big GOT fan. We're planning on custom made lollipops as I love sweets and the colours of them will reflect our colour scheme and during the dj music in the evening we're planning on slipping a few of my fiances bands songs in as well we've got to have some of their music in the evening. Hopefully more things will crop up as we move along with planning.

Bridezilla

We're probably showing a bit too much personality through ours - dress, food, ceremony, readings, style of party, music, random location... in fact, people will no doubt say 'this is a bit random/mad' - which is exactly what we're like, so, erm, I guess that's it!

I haven't found enough ways to incorporate Game of Thrones which I'm sad about, but OH drew the line! I've got dragons on my shoes though...

Bridezilla

We will have a few subtle touches:

I have bought mini Hyrule Crest toppers to decorate one of the tiers on our wedding cake (from Legend of Zelda, OH's fave computer game).

Hoping to get Rossi's ice cream to serve with the desserts as it's made in my OH's hometown and him and his family all love it.

Our wedding favours are key shaped bottle openers which are apt as my dad and brother are locksmiths.

Obviously having music we love throughout the day.

Having an evening BBQ instead of a buffet as my OH bloody loves BBQs and burgers are his favourite thing on Earth!

We are undecided but are possibly going to have a tower of Krispy Kreme doughnuts as well as a wedding cake as again, my OH loves them.

Colours and flowers are all my favourites as OH doesn't really care or have an opinion on them.

It's my MIL, nan in law and stepmum's birthdays all the week of the wedding, and my friend's 1st anniversary the day of the wedding, so going to have some kind of cake or gift brought out for them during the speeches - undecided as to exactly what yet.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Wedding addict

My OH loves Nutella, so for name cards we are having personalised mini jars of Nutella made. These will also count as favours. Am really not a fan of the favour idea, would sooner put money behind the bar, but these are a nice compromise.

We're having a big fireworks display as we love fireworks

I'm a big gin fan, so we're currently looking at having our personalised gin made for the day

Following from the gin, I love cocktails so am currently working with a mixologist to have a cocktail made that incorporates middle eastern flavours and south western. We live in Dubai and both come from the south west. 

For the evening buffet, we are only having cheese toasties and bacon baps as they are our favourites. 

Thats about it. I am thinking of getting an ice cream truck in for during the after ceremony reception as I LOVE ice cream. But let's see. The budget is getting tight! 

Bridezilla

MrsBeehan wrote (see post):
Bebe2 wrote (see post):

Hey ladies, 

What about you? 

xx

Crisps!!!! They are my favourite too!! My favourite food, if I don't have them at least once a day I get sad.

We had a few Star Wars bits through our wedding such as R2D2 models dotted about, and Star Wars quotes on our favours. My husband loves Star Wars and I quite enjoy it myself. We had a cake topper which had a Game of Thrones quote on which again my husband loves. The colour scheme is my favourite colour. I chose a lot of the decor so it kind of reflected my likes. 

Husband's suit was vintage style which we both love. We had a vintage box to hold our favours which again reflects our style......old!! Our first dance was an acoustic cover of a Muse song we love. 

Ooh let me guess the muse song, is it unintended?? They’re my favourite band 

Bridezilla

We are having music as a constant throughout, and we’re lucky that lots of our friends are professional singers so are performing our favourite songs during the ceremony and throughout the day. 

We also met both living in Wimbledon, so we are naming our tables after wombles and having these guys as a cake topper! 

Also, I loooove cheese, so we’re having a cheese tower wedding cake instead of a traditional cake. 

Also, we’re having a glitter bar for the evening! 

My planning thread: 

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/our-sussex-barn-wedding---july-2018wed/440703.html

Bridezilla

Me and my husband are both huge LOTR and we known locally as the crazy cat couple so we added both of those things to our wedding. We both wore cat ears during the ceremony - mine were diamante and his wear black, our vows were LOTR quotes but made to sound more 'vow-ish', our vows were printed into laminated card in the LOTR font as well as the LOTR map background, my ring is 'the one ring' from LOTR, our cake was cat themed, we matched in purple - I wore a purple dress and he wore a navy shirt with a purple and navy kilt, walked down the ailse to a song from LOTR, signed the register to a song from How To Train Your Dragon and we skipped out the town hall to Always Look on The Bright Side of Life.

Our first dance started off as a waltz so everyone thought we were just having a slow dance and about 15 secs in, it cut to Jump the Line by Harry Belafonte lol

New bride

Elz2017 wrote (see post):

We're probably showing a bit too much personality through ours - dress, food, ceremony, readings, style of party, music, random location... in fact, people will no doubt say 'this is a bit random/mad' - which is exactly what we're like, so, erm, I guess that's it!

I haven't found enough ways to incorporate Game of Thrones which I'm sad about, but OH drew the line! I've got dragons on my shoes though...

I don't think you can ever show to much personality on your wedding day! if you can't when your marrying your best friend when can you! xx

New bride

We have tried to bring as much as our personalities and us to the wedding as much as possible! We are getting married in a church in the village where I grew up (we did prefer just us 2 in vegas to this idea but theres to many family members who'd never let us live it down!) but my mum and dad got married there and he's now passed away so its a little sentimental touch but other then that we've decided to get rid of most traditions as we HATE them. We have sacked off big group and family photos all together and are just getting some special ones including just me and my OH, some smoke bombs, my personalised leather jacket and our 2 french bulldogs who will be there throughout! We have a violinist who is playing the GOT theme tune, and songs off Gladiator and Braveheart as we are massive TV and film buffs! We have a Harry Potter crate that our guestbook and polaroid camera etc is going in for the day and also a beer filled wheel barrow rather than proper welcome drinks as thats far to formal for us! We hated the idea of a sit down meal so are having a chilled out bbq for the afternoon while we have a Indie band on and pizza and chips for the night as aside from my OH pizza is my bae. Im keeping my hair bright turquoise for the day which some people are probably not best pleased with and to top it off 3 out of the 4 people who came wedding dress shopping with me disliked my dress but I loved it and thats the only thing that matters to us!  

Bridezilla

S_T_B_MrsT wrote (see post):

We have tried to bring as much as our personalities and us to the wedding as much as possible! We are getting married in a church in the village where I grew up (we did prefer just us 2 in vegas to this idea but theres to many family members who'd never let us live it down!) but my mum and dad got married there and he's now passed away so its a little sentimental touch but other then that we've decided to get rid of most traditions as we HATE them. We have sacked off big group and family photos all together and are just getting some special ones including just me and my OH, some smoke bombs, my personalised leather jacket and our 2 french bulldogs who will be there throughout! We have a violinist who is playing the GOT theme tune, and songs off Gladiator and Braveheart as we are massive TV and film buffs! We have a Harry Potter crate that our guestbook and polaroid camera etc is going in for the day and also a beer filled wheel barrow rather than proper welcome drinks as thats far to formal for us! We hated the idea of a sit down meal so are having a chilled out bbq for the afternoon while we have a Indie band on and pizza and chips for the night as aside from my OH pizza is my bae. Im keeping my hair bright turquoise for the day which some people are probably not best pleased with and to top it off 3 out of the 4 people who came wedding dress shopping with me disliked my dress but I loved it and thats the only thing that matters to us!  

You sound similar to us! Every time I mention that my hair will be pink on the day everyone protests and they're all like "well will you at least grow out your undercut???" Nope I'm shaving it to the bone! I also recently had my back tattoo reworked (it's a watercolor pegasus) so it'll look good in my dress and my mum had a heart attack like "YOU CAN'T SHOW YOUR TATTOO ON YOUR WEDDING DAY!!!"

Wedding addict

S_T_B_MrsT wrote (see post):

Love this! We're also going with smoke bombs and a leather jacket. Am just deciding whether to go with Just Married or Wifey on the back...thinking Wifey. Where did you get your Potter crate from, i love Harry Potter. Am actually considering using the Waltz music from Goblet of Fire for my processional music.

Bridezilla

Blush2018 wrote (see post):
MrsBeehan wrote (see post):
Bebe2 wrote (see post):

Hey ladies, 

What about you? 

xx

Ooh let me guess the muse song, is it unintended?? They’re my favourite band 

Starlight :) 

Bridezilla

We had quite a few little bits through out the day really - wanted the day overall to feel like it was what we liked.

We got married in November coz we both hate being too hot :)

Music: i walked down to star wars throne room music as hubby is a massive fan. Whilst we signed the register we had my three fave songs playing in the background.

Background music during the day was our playlist.

We had hot chocolate and cookies / doughnuts instead of appetizers and a dessert table not just a cake as i have a major sweet tooth

Our table names and decorations were themed around our favorite films - each was named the 'land' e.g. Neverland, Hill Valley

Our invitiations were also themed around the films - we used Disney font and quoted several of the films within the wording

Wedding thread:

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/my-november-wedding/435410.html

Wedding addict

We are having a bike theme to reflect our love of Cycling, we have bikes on out std and invites, a tandem cake topper, a vintage bike with the front basket filled with confetti, bicycles on the name place cards, a bike wheel to display the seating arrangement and a kask of ale from the fixed wheel brewary.

We are also having our dog as ring bearer and the conga as our first dance