Planning

Hen Party Abroad - ADVICE/ HELP!

1 to 10 of 10 posts

New bride

Hen party abroad - help!

I'm planning a hen party abroad - thinking either Marbella or Albufeira but keeping an open mind.

Has anyone organised/been on a hen party abroad? If so, what did you do and what do you recommend?

Did you organise it independently or go through a hen party agent.

What was your budget? 

Any advice, tips, recommendations would be greatly appreciated! 

Xxx 

Bridezilla

I’ve just got back from Valencia it was amazing. I made sure I had things booked for evening so we weren’t wandering about loads and beach time for people to chill in the day. 

I booked it all myself so I could negoatiate prices

Activity wise we did paella making, catamaran, beach club

Marbella is great as you have the old town but also puerto banus, personally I thought albufeira was a bit tacky although vilamoura isnt far x 

New bride

I'm just back form one in Paris and one of the girls told me about this forum! It was organised by the two bridesmaids and they did a really great job but said it was a lot of work.

They organised all the flights for 12 girls and the accommodation themselves but the asked up to pay before they made the booking, which was fine. We stayed in two Air BnBs and they were able to split the cost with that through the website, so we each got an email with the amount we had to pay on it.

We did a boat trip and they got a discount because they booked in advance and told them it was a hen party, but we were on there with other people. it wasn't a private boat or anything.

The only thing the girls didn't do was organise train tickets from the airport into Paris, and none of us knew how to do it. We eventually figured it out but we were standing about in the airpot for 15 minutes before we did. It happened again when we got into Paris because we needed tickets for the metro too! 

Bridezilla

I organised Madrid for my sister, and am going to Valencia for one of mine. 

I did it all independently for both.  I don't know any of the hen activities for mine, but for my sisters we kept it with a lot of free time so people could do what they wanted, and didn't have to spend a fortune.  Everyone did tend to go as a group though.

We arrived Thurs night.  Fri was a hop on hop off bus tour of the city with lunch at a local restaurant.  Evening we did a tapas bar crawl.  Sat was spent at the pool chilling and we took a picnic.  In the evening we went for dinner at a flamenco night.  Sun was chilling, paella, and playing games in the park.  

Bridezilla

Just a side note in terms of budget, unless you're footing the bill yourself, I'd check with potential guests as to how much they're will to spend! You don't want anyone feeling like they can't come because decisions and plans have been made that are outside of their available spending. Agree with everyone on a maximum cost per person before you get into planning so it doesn't end up being too expensive :)

Bridezilla

We did Dublin for my sisters. We did it through an organisation who booked it all for us and gave each girl a log in account so they could pay their share as and when they wanted. We booked our own flights though. We did a mix of activities and just doing what we wanted

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Wedding addict

I went to Dublin for mine. We booked it all independently used ryanair for flights and stayed at a b&b. Activities wise we did a hop on hop off bus tour, and just got off wherever we fancied. 

New bride

Thank you so much everyone, this is really helpful! (-: 

Bridezilla

We did Palma for my friend's which was only six of us but booked flights independently and then found a good hotel deal online through Trivago. We did a night in the old town on the first night at a tapas restaurant and then a few bars, the second day we did Purobeach beach club and then out to dinner and then a club in Port Portals in the evening and on the Sunday we nursed our hangovers at a more casual/chilled beach club until we had to get ready to fly late that night. 

My cousin's was in Benidorm (not my cup of tea personally but we actually had a great laugh) and her sister organised it through one of those websites where everyone can login and pay for their own as and when they can. Made it easier for her as she didn't need to do any of the chasing.

I'd definitely suggest pre-agreeing a budget for the getting there, staying and maybe one or two activities - if you plan more then make them optional so that people can choose to join in or not.

New bride

Ashley72 wrote (see post):

We did Palma for my friend's which was only six of us but booked flights independently and then found a good hotel deal online through Trivago. We did a night in the old town on the first night at a tapas restaurant and then a few bars, the second day we did Purobeach beach club and then out to dinner and then a club in Port Portals in the evening and on the Sunday we nursed our hangovers at a more casual/chilled beach club until we had to get ready to fly late that night. 

My cousin's was in Benidorm (not my cup of tea personally but we actually had a great laugh) and her sister organised it through one of those websites where everyone can login and pay for their own as and when they can. Made it easier for her as she didn't need to do any of the chasing.

I'd definitely suggest pre-agreeing a budget for the getting there, staying and maybe one or two activities - if you plan more then make them optional so that people can choose to join in or not.

This is great advice! I would be more inclined to do what you did and book a budget airline flight then decently priced hotel vis Trivago! I also feel like 6 is a perfect number!!! And I want to go to Palma for mine!! Basically you have booked my dream hen do :)