Planning

Give me strength...

21 to 28 of 28 posts

Bridezilla

Rach371 wrote (see post):

I'm going to use spatchcocking as my new threat! It was such a ridiculous conversation that I couldn't believe he was serious! He's an educated man, why did he think salmon was vegetarian?! 

We incidentally had a BBQ tonight which meant that I did the salad, the cous cous, brought everything outside and did the marinades, the sauces etc, he put chicken breasts and some halloumi on the BBQ and drank a beer while he cooked it yet HE cooked dinner so I have to wash up! I need more wine! 

Times like that I'm actually thankful my fiance is a grown  up toddler who can't cook anything to save his life (I have to talk him through making mash) so he does all the washing up 

Bridezilla

This sort of things makes me think of Big Fat Greek Wedding when the Aunt says she'll make lamb instead hahah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFemw_6a-Tg

Or the time I mentioned to my dad that the friend who was coming over to stay that night was a vegetarian and he went and got a cucumber out the fridge and said 'thats dinner done' lol

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Wedding addict

Aubergine and salmon are being added to the Sainsbury's order!! It was like we'd stepped into some alternate universe where what he says makes sense, haha!!

You could always try the educational route of if it has a face, it's not suitable for vegetarians. 

Bridezilla

Desertpixie wrote (see post):

Aubergine and salmon are being added to the Sainsbury's order!! It was like we'd stepped into some alternate universe where what he says makes sense, haha!!

You could always try the educational route of if it has a face, it's not suitable for vegetarians. 

Honestly I didnt realise I'd have to educate a 40 year old man on what is a vegetable. He's a nightmare! What makes it worse is that his mum was the one who suggested salmon as a vegetarian option so not only am i telling him he's wrong (which he is!) but I'm also telling him his mum's wrong (which she is!)

What makes this whole thing even more ridiculous is that he's allergic to all types of fish so if we did go down the salmon route, which we're definitely NOT doing, I'd be the one having to cook it all anyway!

Bridezilla

GinAndBling wrote (see post):

Just for clarity we're having  a massive family BBQ the next day which he in his wisdom offered to host. We're ordering meat for it soon hence the ridiculous salmon convo!  

I'm not a veggie but I don't eat red meat because I don't like it. I also don't want half a salmon stinking up my chicken skewers thank you very much!

😂😂😂 oh dear! 

If this is anything like the BBQ my OH voluntered us to host last weekend, you'll end up doing the shopping run, you'll prepare all the sides (including making homemade potato salad cause it's his favourite and doing a little bit of minor butchery and chopping the backbone out of a WHOLE CHUFFIN CHICKEN cause he wanted to try spatchcock chicken), setting the table, cleaning the table, sorting drinks, bringing everything outside, clearing up and then because he LITERALLY stood in front of the BBQ turning his sausages I got a condescending "thanks for sorting those bits and helping me with the BBQ" in front of our friends. I nearly spatchcocked him! 

it feels good to get that off my chest ahaha 

This is my h2b every time we have a BBQ and he has a thing for inviting the neighbours for one alot through the summer! Plus I then have to do all the cleaning up once everyone has gone home because he's spend his entire night cooking! 

New bride

I'm vegetarian I hate fish I wouldn't be able to eat at your wedding.

Bridezilla

I've been veggie 4 more then 20 years, n even now it amazes me (n pisses me of) how many pple struggle to cater 4 it.. 

Its quite simple - No Food with a Face

Its never bin easier to cater for veggies at a BBQ - quorn or soya burgers/sausages, veg skewers, halloomi, mushrooms, corn on the cob.... so many easy options n all cheeper n less offensive than salmon!

Bridezilla

Barbie3 wrote (see post):

I've been veggie 4 more then 20 years, n even now it amazes me (n pisses me of) how many pple struggle to cater 4 it.. 

Its quite simple - No Food with a Face

Its never bin easier to cater for veggies at a BBQ - quorn or soya burgers/sausages, veg skewers, halloomi, mushrooms, corn on the cob.... so many easy options n all cheeper n less offensive than salmon!

I agree! My sister is vegetarian and there's such a wide range of choice available. It was just the way he said "we could have salmon for the vegetarian option" with a completely straight face that made me want to chuck a bit of halloumi at his head!

Our wedding menu itself is heavily weighted towards vegetarians (as i mentioned I don't eat red meat) and so I dont know why he's having such a problem with getting his head round this.

I might ask him how i buy salmon seeds, or if i should plant them in the sun or the shade or how often i should water them because he clearly still thinks it's a vegetable! He's an educated man, he's better than this!!