Planning

Evening Only Invitations

1 to 8 of 8 posts

New bride

Hello,

I sent my invitations out roughly a month ago, and so thought it's about time I start on creating evening only invitations.

I'm confused with the wording which should go onto evening invitations. Our full day invitations were very formal and were sent on behalf of my parents. Does this need to be the same on evening invitations? I feel like they are less formal? My parents don't mind either way if that helps.

If anyone has examples of their evening invites, that would be a great help - thanks!

Bridezilla

I used are wedding invites as a template - just changed the time & venue, n added "an evening celebration of" (or similar) b4  "the wedding...." 

I think if ur parents are hosting (paying!) for ur reception then the evening invite should be from them to.

Bridezilla

Ours has a header In curly writing " Evening Invitation"

Then : Together with their Family , .......... & ................ Invite you to attend the evening reception of their wedding on................. at........................ RSVP by ...........................

Bridezilla

I think that sounds sensible! I would imagine it could be the same but with the relevant information changed? Unless you have the same dilemma as me!

I've been trying to work this out too! We have a while before we send them out but I've been worrying about the wording! Especially as we will be making a little wedding website with all the information for our guests, but I feel strange about directing people who are evening guests to the website that has everything about all the information about the part of the day they won't be invited to, so I was wondering if I should just do something completely different with all information on it? Or maybe make a little evening guests page on that too!

I'm the first of my friends to get married and the first of my generation of the family and so haven't had any examples set in recent years!

Cecilia x

My planning thread : http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/relaxed-summer-wedding-in-the-chilterns/454084.html

New bride

Thanks everyone - I think you're right, I'll stick with the same wording as original invitation but just update timings etc :).

New bride

Cecilia Bignall wrote (see post):

I think that sounds sensible! I would imagine it could be the same but with the relevant information changed? Unless you have the same dilemma as me!

I've been trying to work this out too! We have a while before we send them out but I've been worrying about the wording! Especially as we will be making a little wedding website with all the information for our guests, but I feel strange about directing people who are evening guests to the website that has everything about all the information about the part of the day they won't be invited to, so I was wondering if I should just do something completely different with all information on it? Or maybe make a little evening guests page on that too!

I'm the first of my friends to get married and the first of my generation of the family and so haven't had any examples set in recent years!

If I were you, I think I would avoid sending evening guests to the full wedding website - I'd keep that for day guests only, if possible :)

Bridezilla

MrsWtobe18 wrote (see post):

If I were you, I think I would avoid sending evening guests to the full wedding website - I'd keep that for day guests only, if possible :)

Thanks :) yes I agree! I'm handmaking the invitations and they're quite small so I'll have to find a way to fit everything on for them!

Cecilia x

My planning thread : http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/relaxed-summer-wedding-in-the-chilterns/454084.html