Planning

Do you have your wedding rings ??

1 to 16 of 16 posts

Wedding addict

So most of our bits are done for our November 2018 wedding apart from Rings. Apart from it being something I gave my OH to do, with busy lives, kids etc. It's just something we haven't got around to doing yet.

When I say this to people I get the shocked look and comments such as 'Your pushing It 

Is this something I should of done by now ?? How far in advance did you purchase rings.

Xx

Bridezilla

I've bought mine online in a sale but we haven't bought OH's yet. We don't get married until August 2019, it was just such a bargain I couldn't resist!

Unless you are planning on having rings specially made I wouldn't worry. My friend gets married in August and is getting her rings made, and they only ordered them about a month ago. I really wouldn't worry!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

We got my OH's this week and paid the deposit on mine back in January but I need to go and collect it and pay the balance, we are getting married in December.

I definitely wouldn't panic though.  The only thing you might need to wait for is the jewellers to order it in if they don't have your size but that normally takes a matter of days.

Bridezilla

Yep, my engagement ring is from a high street jeweler & was the wrong size, and it only took about 3 days for them to send me the correct size.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

We got ours in February for our July wedding, and picked them up in April (as they needed to be made) 

However we could have left it later, they just took about two months to make. 

My planning thread: 

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/our-sussex-barn-wedding---july-2018wed/440703.html

Bridezilla

My dad passed away in the September before our April wedding. On the day he died my husband took me into Leeds as I just needed to get out of the house and do something. We were just wandering round when he saw the jewellers that we got my engagement ring from and suggested we went and had a look at wedding rings. We bought both our rings that day and it's lovely that something so positive came out of what was otherwise a horrific day. 

Bridezilla

Got ours for a bargain so have bought already for October 2019 wedding! In total we made a saving of £600 (which is more than we spent) on our rings! But honestly, don’t worry about it but start to look whenever you’re in the city or wherever x

New bride

We had ours custom made a few weeks ago and it only took 1 month :) If you’d like platinum, we were advised now is good time to buy as platinum is cheap!

Bridezilla

We ordered my fiance's on Saturday just gone and don't get married until next May. We were in Brighton having a wander around the Lanes - I thought just to get ideas of what he'd want, but he saw a style he loved and we found it for a good price so we ordered it then. 

Mine will be made by the jeweller my fiance used to design my engagement ring as I want the bands to match. I expect we'll pop over to him in the next couple of months when I have a weekday off and can go in to see him. As long as it's ordered and comes in a month before the wedding (in my mind, so I can tick it off my last minute list), I'm easy. Even custom made don't usually take that long, you've got ample time especially if you want something fairly straightforward that doesn't need weeks/months of back and forth with designs!

New bride

I am also a November bride and we have bought our rings but we got them in a sale so if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be worried about it just yet. 

Just make sure that you leave enough time for resizing/engraving or if you need to order a ring in because it's bespoke. My OH's ring is not here yet and we ordered it on the 4th May for example. 

New bride

I say as early as you want really. I got mine after Christmas (I think!), and I'm a July bride. I only got them that early as I found the one I liked, it was on sale, and I had done a lot of research before. It didn't need re-sizing, and although it wasn't in stock in-store in my size, they sent me one directly within a couple of days.

New bride

Also getting married in November and haven't got rings yet! Doesn't seem to take too long even if bespoke but planning on getting to it sometime over the next month

Bridezilla

If you don't have an "oddly" shaped e-ring and/or don't need or want something custom, then the best time to buy is whenever you see a sale! Sizing a ring doesn't take too long, so if you're just buying a design the jeweler regularly stocks, then you're just looking at a few days turnaround to get them sized.  If it's not a design the jeweler stocks, it can take a few weeks to have made.  Mine took about 3 weeks to have made; it's not that it was custom, but they didn't stock it.

I'd just be sure that you know that your e-ring isn't going to require something custom made.  I've seen quite a lot of very unique e-rings on this forum, and even a basic solitaire can require a special curve to the band to get it to work with the wedding ring.

Wedding addict

Hi,

we just went to a jewler who is making our rings and our wedding is in 90 days... he said he'll have them done in about 6 weeks, so even then is plenty of time!

Wedding addict

We get married next week and we brought ours at the end of January. 

Because mine needed to be made in my size they quoted me a March collection date but it was ready at the end of February.

I think it also depends on where you get it from