Planning

Canapes

1 to 15 of 15 posts

Bridezilla

Is there a rule for how many you should order for?

For example, if my canape menu if £5.50 per person for 3, and im expecting 100 guests, do i cater for all 100 even though some people won't eat? A couple of my friends who are married said they catered for 75% and even that was too much. I hate wasting food but i don't want people to go without either! 

Bridezilla

Depends on time of wedding but  I would say 100% normally as it is a prelude to your meal. You only do 75% for evening food. I don't think I have been to a wedding where there have been canapes left. 

Wedding addict

we are doing just over 100% don't forget to include yourselves but out canapés are only £1 per canape per person!

Bridezilla

There will be people who eat more and those who eat less. People are always starving during the reception so wouldnt worry about wastage!!

Bridezilla

We catered for four per person

Bridezilla

3 per person isn't many so I am sure for every person who doesn't want any, there will be a person (or plenty of people) who will eat more than 3! I know I would! 

Bridezilla

I agree with the above -cater for 100% 

my fiancé always wants more! It doesn’t matter if u think people will have had lunch before. Often when I’m getting ready for a wedding I’m running late or travelling so don’t get chance to have what I normally would and am starving!

Bridezilla

Is it just me who goes to weddings and eats about 15 canapés???

Wedding addict

Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

Is it just me who goes to weddings and eats about 15 canapés???

Definitely not! On the rare occasion that there are canapés I can actually eat (I'm Coeliac and they always seem to involve bread, pastry or batter) I have as many as I can get my hands on!

We're catering 100% for the canapés (4 per person) and 75% for the evening food (2 hot rolls per person), that was the venue's recommendation.

Bridezilla

There are definitely people that eat more! I think we figured like 5 per person at my previous wedding and I was so disappointed, we didn't get any! We were off doing pictures and the guests finished ever last bite!

I've seen on a few wedding reports about the wedding coordinators being kind enough to set some aside for the bride and groom - definitely advisable!