Planning

Are there any November 2018 brides?

41 to 60 of 68 posts

New bride

We're getting married on November 3rd 2018 - we got engaged in February this year, told people in April, and have sorted out venues, photographer, his suit and my dress already! I keep wondering if I should be more stressed or if I will just get bored of waiting

Bridezilla

Ozzy2b wrote (see post):

We're getting married on November 3rd 2018 - we got engaged in February this year, told people in April, and have sorted out venues, photographer, his suit and my dress already! I keep wondering if I should be more stressed or if I will just get bored of waiting

This is the same date as me! :)

New bride

Ozzy2b wrote (see post):

We got engaged on the 10th March, getting married on 24th November. We have sorted out the venue, suits, rings and are almost ready with our invites. I definitely don't think you should be more stressed because I'm not either. What annoys me is that everyone else tries to stress you out by going ' Oh that's soon' it makes me feel like I should be more stressed than I am! 

New bride

Loads of people have said that to me as well. But it seems to me 6 months is plenty of time to plan a wedding.

I can imagine it might be difficult to find suppliers if you're getting married in August or something, but for November it seems like it's fine.

New bride

Well dress shopping was fun today. Think we almost had it but not sure I've found 'the one' yet. I'm trying not to feel pressured about it. I know I'm going to have to go off the peg which I'm happy with. Here's hoping I find a dress soon though! 

New bride

Moore2be wrote (see post):

I definitely don't think you should be more stressed because I'm not either. What annoys me is that everyone else tries to stress you out by going ' Oh that's soon' it makes me feel like I should be more stressed than I am! 

I think that's it for me as well - I don't feel stressed, but everyone we have told has said "this year!!?" when we told them the date. That said, most of them follow it up with positive comments and/or horror stories about two years of wedding planning and brides too stressed to remember their weddings! We just knew want we wanted and were able to get it all within the first set of dates we looked at

Bridezilla

No one has posted on here in a while so I just thought I’d see how everyone is getting on?  4 months and 3 weeks to go for me and I’m feeling quite relaxed at the moment (rightly or wrongly)! 

I‘ve now booked most of my suppliers (cake, photographer, flowers, photobooth, fireworks etc.) but still have my videographer to finalise as we’ve not signed contracts yet or paid the desposit. I’ve also booked in for my dress fittings and hair and makeup trials for a couple months time! 

We still have most of the music to sort though, although I do have an idea of what I want to walk down the aisle to and what we want as the first dance.

Hoping everyone is happy with how things are coming together? 

Wedding addict

It's scary how close it is getting for us 😀
Nottinghamshirebride wrote (see post):

No one has posted on here in a while so I just thought I’d see how everyone is getting on?  4 months and 3 weeks to go for me and I’m feeling quite relaxed at the moment (rightly or wrongly)! 

I‘ve now booked most of my suppliers (cake, photographer, flowers, photobooth, fireworks etc.) but still have my videographer to finalise as we’ve not signed contracts yet or paid the desposit. I’ve also booked in for my dress fittings and hair and makeup trials for a couple months time! 

We still have most of the music to sort though, although I do have an idea of what I want to walk down the aisle to and what we want as the first dance.

Hoping everyone is happy with how things are coming together? 

Bridezilla

girlgang209 wrote (see post):
It's scary how close it is getting for us 😀

I know - scary and EXCITING! 😆 We booked our venue last November so we’ve had almost exactly 12 months to plan everything. I can’t believe we’ve had over 7 of those already! 

I think I’ve sorted most of the ‘big’ things so it’s really just trying to tie it all togther and think about the smaller details like decoration. Oh, and H2B still has no idea what he’s wearing 🙈 He’s in the army and can’t decide if he’s wearing his formal army suit or buying/hiring one to wear. I keep telling him that he needs to decide asap but has no intention of sorting it anytime soon 😪 It’s literally the one of the ONLY jobs he’s had! 😓😂 Please tell me I’m not alone ladies?!

Girllgang, have you got much left to organise?

Wedding addict

Your definitely not the only one. My OH still hasn't given me a list of guests 😂😂 

It sounds like im similar to you but I've recently had a wobble and booked another photographer. Hence having to pay off the old one to buy myself out of that contract. It's been a nightmare

I hope I dont change my mind with anything else 🙈🙈

Bridezilla

Actually, H2B still hasn’t given me all of his guests (or adresses for the ones I do have 😓) but I’ve sent out the day invites which I had all the info for and just have the last few of those to sort and then the reception guests.

Oh no! What happened with the photographer? Did you have to pay them the entire costs? Surely you would have just lost the deposit?

Wedding addict

Sounds like our OH are very similar 🤣🤣

The original photographer has done a lot of our family pictures and she is good but good in the sense of a natural photographer as bad as it sounds her pictures don't have the wow factor. I have been stalking (literally) another company on Instagram for about 6 months and you know when something is niggling, I've had sleepless nights so I messaged them about 3 months ago. They told me they were booked for another wedding so I kind of accepted I would never have them. Coincidentally the company rung me last week and said the original wedding has cancelled would I like them to photograph our wedding. I literally fell off my chair, they gave me a massive discount as the original had been a destination wedding so a big hefty deposit had been put down. 

On checking my original photographers contact it said at this stage I had to pay '90% of the remaining balance'. We talked and talked and agreed if was what we wanted so paid her off and booked the new one. It just seemed like fate but an expensive change to make...plus I've learnt to read contracts in future 😂😂

Bridezilla

Wow! I can’t belive the original photographer is making you pay 90% of the balance - is it just me that thinks that's unfair? I could (maybe) understand 50% at most, as there’s still time for them to get a last minute booking surely? At least you’ve ended up with your dream photographer and at a great price too! It’s a shame that the other photographer is one you’ve used for the family before; lets hope there’s no bad blood after the cancellation as that would be a shame. 

New bride

We are meeting our photographer today for a pre wedding chat and shoot. Invites going out soon, pretty much all the wedding party has their outfits and my brilliant sister is making our paper flower bouquets (I’m allergic to pollen and wanted something we could keep!) I found a lovely vintage bracelet on EBay and wound up chatting to the seller all evening about wedding planning and getting loads of tips on Art Deco styling! 

Only pressure at the moment is getting all the ceremony music decided as has to be submitted to the Registry Office 3 months in advance! We have a lot of ideas but need to get ourselves organised 😊

Bridezilla

Ozzy2b, sounds like you’ve got everything under crontrol 😀 

I’m the same in terms of sorting the ceromony! Me and H2B need to sit down at some point and go through everything for that - vows, music, readings 😓. I’m not sure when we needed to return all the information to the registry office - I’m a little nervous that we don't have long left to get organised. I shall dig out the paperwork tonight and get my bum into action! 😂

New bride

Ozzy2b wrote (see post):

We are meeting our photographer today for a pre wedding chat and shoot. Invites going out soon, pretty much all the wedding party has their outfits and my brilliant sister is making our paper flower bouquets (I’m allergic to pollen and wanted something we could keep!) I found a lovely vintage bracelet on EBay and wound up chatting to the seller all evening about wedding planning and getting loads of tips on Art Deco styling! 

Only pressure at the moment is getting all the ceremony music decided as has to be submitted to the Registry Office 3 months in advance! We have a lot of ideas but need to get ourselves organised 😊

How was the shoot? We had ours last weekend and have got some really nice pictures! Has anyone else done theirs yet?

It sounds like we're all at about the same stage. We've got most of our suppliers booked and now just thinking about decorations, music and things like that. We have a meeting with our florist at the venue this evening to talk about what she's going to do.

Also I wanted to ask what you are all doing in case it's cold? I am thinking about asking my mum to knit me a shawl, but just wondered what you're all doing. And are you getting umbrellas for the pictures?

New bride

Shoot last night went really well - we were blessed with good light and weather! Our photographer is documentary style so was mostly us having a chat and wandering around some interesting spots in town with some photos. I felt relaxed with him which is the main thing so should have some photos in a couple of weeks. 

On the keeping warm issue, I have a little velvet jacket to wear as we are planning to walk between venues - partly undercover but through the main railway station! Back up plan is a taxi and if it rains then will have brollies and bigger coats if needed. We’ll take the weather as it comes on the day for photos but as we’re not having formal or posed photos it’s less of an issue.

New bride

We've got a couple more things sorted. Invites are here and ready to send out - we need to buy some stamps. My OH has bought his suits, we've booked a DJ and are giving notice later this month. 

Having a bit of a wedding dress crisis at the moment as been to a few places but not found it yet. I found an amazing dress this weekend but it's over budget so although I loved it and felt amazing i'm not sure i'm willing to overspend. Who knew a wedding dress would be so hard to find. I think I need to start having fittings around September so i know i have time but I really wanted to have found one by now. 

Bridezilla

Leigh, I’ve bought a knitted cape thing for later in the evening when it gets cold. I don’t know if I’ll be buying an umbrella as I don’t particularly like the pictures. But if the weather is due to be really bad on the day, I might pick them up as a last minute purchase. 

Ozzy, I’m glad the shoot went well!

Moore, are you buying a dress of the rack? I don’t mean to add to your stress, but if you're looking to order you might want to choose one ASAP as they can take months to arrive. I hope you find something soon though! 

New bride

Nottinghamshirebride wrote (see post):

Leigh, I’ve bought a knitted cape thing for later in the evening when it gets cold. I don’t know if I’ll be buying an umbrella as I don’t particularly like the pictures. But if the weather is due to be really bad on the day, I might pick them up as a last minute purchase. 

Ozzy, I’m glad the shoot went well!

Moore, are you buying a dress of the rack? I don’t mean to add to your stress, but if you're looking to order you might want to choose one ASAP as they can take months to arrive. I hope you find something soon though! 

Hi Nottinghamshire, having only had 8 months to plan the wedding i'm quite happy to be going 'off the peg'. I do hope i find something soon too. I'm not a girly girl and I'm finding the dress thing quite difficult to pin down.