Planning

A Bright & Whimsical Northumberland Wedding Aug 2018

161 to 180 of 236 posts

Bridezilla

Idk why that's posted upside down but I've been busy making my invitations today! It's been really fun :)

Bridezilla

So because I'm the most extra person to ever have existed I'm having a complete costume change half way through the day. I'll begin formal in my fishtail gown and lace crop top with cathedral lace veil then after photos and a bit of mingling before the food I'll change into a floofy ruffle tiered skirt with the lace crop and a short veil but I couldn't find a second veil until now!

How cute is this???

Bridezilla

My BFF/bridesmaid keeps telling me to stop trying to plan my hen do and it's just occurred to me why I'm so obsessed with trying to control it.

I'm scared that no one will care enough to plan something for me and that no one will know me well enough to know what I want. Like I want the classic cheesy hen do with dicks everywhere and strippers and karaoke and just a really messy night but I'm worried no one will care enough to think about what I want because I know most of them have been on a million hen dos this year alone and they're sick of the cliché hen do that I want because I've only ever been on one before and it was a pretty sophisticated long weekend.

Bridezilla

I know our wedding is a big kids party with the bouncy castle and glitter bar and all but...

Adult ball pit????? I think it would be amazing!!???!?

Bridezilla

Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

My BFF/bridesmaid keeps telling me to stop trying to plan my hen do and it's just occurred to me why I'm so obsessed with trying to control it.

I'm scared that no one will care enough to plan something for me and that no one will know me well enough to know what I want. Like I want the classic cheesy hen do with dicks everywhere and strippers and karaoke and just a really messy night but I'm worried no one will care enough to think about what I want because I know most of them have been on a million hen dos this year alone and they're sick of the cliché hen do that I want because I've only ever been on one before and it was a pretty sophisticated long weekend.

I reckon the classic cheesy hen do is a rarity these days, so people won't be bored of it!! I'd just have a good chat with your BFF, tell her that you want a proper cheesy dick straw night, and let her get on with it.  She will care enough to do what you want, though don't be surprised if you get added extras.

One thing I would say though is make sure you stipulate if you want one night only rather than a weekend... I wanted one night only but obviously didn't say so loud enough, and ended up with a weekend extravaganza which was lovely, but made me extremely anxious about people spending money/me being social for such a long time/people having to put themselves out for me (the joy of low grade anxiety...). Be clear about it, then leave it to her. 

Bridezilla

Elz2017 wrote (see post):

I reckon the classic cheesy hen do is a rarity these days, so people won't be bored of it!! I'd just have a good chat with your BFF, tell her that you want a proper cheesy dick straw night, and let her get on with it.  She will care enough to do what you want, though don't be surprised if you get added extras.

One thing I would say though is make sure you stipulate if you want one night only rather than a weekend... I wanted one night only but obviously didn't say so loud enough, and ended up with a weekend extravaganza which was lovely, but made me extremely anxious about people spending money/me being social for such a long time/people having to put themselves out for me (the joy of low grade anxiety...). Be clear about it, then leave it to her. 

Yeah I've made it clear that the overriding condition of the hen do is that it's well within everyone's realms of affordability. I don't want ANYONE struggling financially because of it. The hen do I went on I was properly pushed into. I had a great time and wanted to go but just couldn't afford it. And I had to leave my newborn for 2 nights which I wasn't happy about. I just want to please everyone but in doing so I'm worried that I won't be pleased myself.

Bridezilla

I made my fiance and little boy køttbullär tonight for dinner and did a little test of how it would work aa a canapé and I was really happy with it! I think it's a good amount and I don't mind that it's a 2 handed thing.

Bridezilla

weight loss...

I seem to be stuck at at 87kg and I don't know what to do! It's definitely not my set point - that's always been 8/10 on top and 10/12 on bottom and I'm currently 14/16. I've been eating healthy food, getting out walking, cut right back on beer. I just don't know what to do!

Bridezilla

Are you eating enough? Sometimes a day “off plan” gives you a bit of a shock to the system and you start losing again. If you’re on a very restricted calorie intake your body goes in to starvation / fat store mode where it clings on to every little calorie it gets! Also make sure you drink plenty of water— 2l a day if you can! 

Bridezilla

Ashley72 wrote (see post):

Are you eating enough? Sometimes a day “off plan” gives you a bit of a shock to the system and you start losing again. If you’re on a very restricted calorie intake your body goes in to starvation / fat store mode where it clings on to every little calorie it gets! Also make sure you drink plenty of water— 2l a day if you can! 

Absolutely agree with this. I've lost over 8 stone and I've sometimes had to increase my calorie intake to get the scales to move! Eating too little can often have the reverse effect xx

Bridezilla

MissGx wrote (see post):
Ashley72 wrote (see post):

Absolutely agree with this. I've lost over 8 stone and I've sometimes had to increase my calorie intake to get the scales to move! Eating too little can often have the reverse effect xx

I've tried that and it's not worked :( it just puts me right back  up so then I start losing again but STILL get stuck at 87 it's so frustrating!

Bridezilla

Ffs! I was planning on using kat von d foundation on the day because it's my favourite but now I've found out kat von d is an antisemitic c**t. Now I have to find a different foundation when this one's ran out and it definitely won't last until the wedding. Thanks a lot kat von d for ruining my wedding make up.

Bridezilla

Ffs! I was planning on using kat von d foundation on the day because it's my favourite but now I've found out kat von d is an antisemitic c**t. Now I have to find a different foundation when this one's ran out and it definitely won't last until the wedding. Thanks a lot kat von d for ruining my wedding make up.

What has she said/done? Can you not come to terms with it in anyway? Most people have said/done stupid stuff at some point. I wouldn't let it ruin your favourite foundation. I use her contour and highlight palette which I adore.

Bridezilla

She dated a neo nazi, told her boss to "burn in hell, jewbag" and posted a video of her dancing in front of a swastika on her instagram :/ she's also an antivaxxer which is a whole other problem.

There's no way I can support her brand now. I'll keep using it until it runs out since I've already paid for it and can't do anything about that but I can't buy it again. Sigh.

Bridezilla

Hope you find another one you like!

Bridezilla

Sadieee wrote (see post):

Hope you find another one you like!

Thank you - I'm gonna look at high Street dupes!

I'm also in much higher spirits today! I cracked 87kg this morning I'm 86.2!!!

Bridezilla

FutureMrsTomlin wrote (see post):

Sorry to hear about that, I am definitely one to boycott in these situatioss so I completely agree why you don't want to use her again! Would love to hear what you decide to go with instead! 

My friends recommended a couple dupes so I'm gonna give them a go and report back!

Also if anyone is watching Sunday brunch today lily Allen is totally rocking my wedding look! 

New bride

Loving your thread, cant wait to see how these last few months go! In love with the bright colours and paper cranes, and with your mockups of your venue dressing!

Bridezilla

Vows

I know there's still over a year to go but I just couldn't wait to write my vows. I'm happy to tell anyone about all my plans and show pictures even of stuff like my dress but by vows are the one thing I want to be a surprise to everyone on the day. But none of you will be there so I'll share what I've got so far with you. By the way his favourite movie of all time is forest gump and that time I proposed was during it.

"To start with a quote you might recognise: Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know which one you're gonna get. 

For a long time I never thought I'd find love or that I even deserved it. I had resigned myself to a life of being second best and thought that it was just my lot. And then i found you. Matty, in you I have found more than a husband. I have found a best friend, someone I want to spend all my time with though it's never enough. I have found an equal partner, someone who is caring and looks after me and loves me as much as I love them. And I have found a lover, someone who is so passionate about making me feel happy and beautiful. 

I promise that I will be faithful to you.

I promise that I will be the best mother to our children, present and future, that I can be.

I promise that you will never have to wonder as I once did if you are loved or if you are good enough because I will show you every day just how much you mean to me and I will never stop loving you.

I promise to support you through any trials you may face and trust in your decisions.

And finally I promise to never stop falling further in love with you every day for the rest of my life."