Planning

A Bright & Whimsical Northumberland Wedding Aug 2018

121 to 140 of 192 posts

Bridezilla

Some good news! My flower crown and belt are finished! They're so beautiful I'm in love.

I honestly can't recommend magaela accessories on etsy highly enough 

Bridezilla

I asked if she could add just a little more yellow and she did and i loved it before but now it's PERFECT!

Bridezilla

So i was just gonna make another sign for the order of the day like that welcome sign I made previously but I've had a better idea.

We have a clothes rail which I thought would be cool to use like I can put all foliage and pom poms on the top and hang signs for each aspect of the simplified guest version of the order of the day.

12.30 - We say I Do!

1.00 - Photographs, canapés, drinks, bouncy castle, photo scavenger hunt, chilling in the sun 

4.00 - Din Dins

7.15 - Cake cutting 

7.30 - First dance + DISCO!

9.30 - Hot dogs

12.00 - Gan Yem Man!

I don't know what to do for the signs though. Chalk board signs? Bits of wood? Written on balloons???

Bridezilla

Actually!! You know those frames that I posted about before that I saw at the fayre that are see through? I think  I'll use them because I seriously love them! And I could press some flowers to put in the middle?

Bridezilla

Also good news concerning the financial situation, my fiance is getting a raise in his new job and it was already higher paying than his last one so it will essentially cover the benefits I've lost out on he'll just have to send me an "allowance" every month. I'm genuinely so lucky to have him he works so hard for our family.

Bridezilla

That's great news x

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

I just thought I'd do a bit of a transparent post about my health since its mental health awareness week.

A lot of my posts will seem erratic and impulsive and not well thought through and often contradictory. I think one thing that sucks about being mental is that I'm so *obviously* mental I can't hide it. And of my 3 official diagnoses (BPD, depression and anxiety) I think it's the BPD that comes through most obviously. I flit between extreme highs and extreme depressive lows like multiple times in a day. I have no idea how to regulate my emotions. If I feel something I feel it so strongly. And while that means that I love really hard (I'm actually polyamorous I have so much love to give!) and can feel the most insane joy it also means that when things happen like the benefits being rejected I can't cope with it and I can't see a way out and my brain goes straight to worse case scenario and that's it that's what's going to happen. It makes me impulsive because I think "good this will make me happy but I need it now because I don't know how long the happiness will last!"

It's honestly so exhausting because as well the anxiety makes me care so so much about how people perceive me.

So yeah that's why I seem crazy a lot... Because I am lol 

Bridezilla

Massive respect to you writing that post, and thank you. Your knowledge of yourself and your mental health is actually really heartening.  Mental health is something we should all be aware of, diagnosed or undiagnosed so your post is a great highlight.

Plus, your obvious creativity probably comes in part from the extremes - every cloud has a silver lining right!? 

Bridezilla

In other news, games I've realised we already have for the cocktail 2.5 hours :

Mini tabletop football 

Connect 4

Deck of cards 

Cards against humanity 

Domino's 

Bridezilla

Massive respect for that post! If more people were able to share their situations so open and honestly I think we'd be in a much better please regarding mental health as people would understand it much better. 

On another note, you may have seen but Helen225 (I think) was selling some games recently if you wanted to save a bit of money. 

Bridezilla

Thanks for the lovely messages it means a lot to me!

Bridal lingerie...

So I think I've found the right bra. I won't need one with my mori lee fishtail but when u change into the skirt and lace crop top I'll need a bra so I think I'll get this one and just stitch on see through straps for extra support. I'm not sure what knickers to wear but I'll probably just get some nice French knickers.

https://www.figleaves.com/uk/ultimo-icon-low-back-strapless-bra/UO-001213.html?dwvar_UO-001213_color=734689&cgid=lingerie-bras#start=21

Bridezilla

Ceremony decor...

I had this idea to add that extra bit of whimsy. The venue is beautiful but it's all wood, brick and gravel/concrete and I'd love it to be a bit more green and natural. We recently bought a roll of astroturf from b&m for the garden for only £30 and cut lengthways it would be the perfect length for an aisle runner! I tried to find a picture online and this is the only one I could find but I think it would really pretty outside in a barn!

Bridezilla

Bridesmaids dresses...

So my maids chose their own dresses, these are the 2 so far. My MOH is still deciding because she doesn't want to wear yellow so we're thinking about what the best colour is but it'll probably be gold :)

This is my sisters - it doesn't come with a belt though and she's buying a petticoat separately. Not sure if she'll get a white one or go for something colourful yet but we'll see! Also not sure what she'll do for a belt 

And this is my best friends. She's bought it in white but we're going to dye it yellow so I've edited it seamlessly to show what it'll be like lol 

However she's just lost 10kg in 3 weeks and is now dangerousl thin so who knows if it'll even fit in a year :( 

They've all said they like the idea of the floral hoop bouquets but should I buy them accessories as well? What kind of accessories would I get to go with all the different dresses? Or should I  just let them wear whatever accessories they'd like?

Bridezilla

Wedding ring...

Rainbow Ring

I've found my dream ring. I have my granny's 9ct gold wedding band which I was planning on having reshaped into something similar but I'm not sure any more.

This is the one I'd seen in a store and wanted to remake mine to look like 

Bridezilla

Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

Wedding ring...

Rainbow Ring

I've found my dream ring. I have my granny's 9ct gold wedding band which I was planning on having reshaped into something similar but I'm not sure any more.

The ring is lovely! I'm also planning on using my granny's ring to have something made as I'd love to have the extra meaning. You could definitely have your granny's made into something similar to that though if you wanted! 

Bridezilla

I AM IN LOVE!

My head piece arrived this morning and I never want to take it off. The belt arrived as well and it's stunning. I'm so happy.

Bridezilla

That is amazing! Wow!