Honeymoons

Where are you honeymooning?

1 to 20 of 29 posts

Bridezilla

99% sure we are doing the Agean Shores cruise through tui. It's 7 days around various Greek islands, all inclusive. Just to decide whether to do 7 days and upgrade room majorly and flights to extra room or to add a 3 day hotel stay at Corfu after the cruise but keep everything standard 

Wedding addict

We are going to Italy, 4 nights in Rome and then 11 nights Amalfi coast. Our hotel has a pool so it's going to be a mix of exploring and relaxing.xx 

New bride

Bali for a week, then on to Malaysia for 5 days before coming home - a mix on beach/relaxing and exploring! 

Bridezilla

Amanda198 wrote (see post):

We are going to Italy, 4 nights in Rome and then 11 nights Amalfi coast. Our hotel has a pool so it's going to be a mix of exploring and relaxing.xx 

Snap (nearly!) We're going to Sorrento for 6 nights, then Rome for 3 and Venice for 2. Can't wait!

Wedding addict

Were doing 2 weeks in Mauritius, hoping for a mic of relaxing and exploring

Wedding addict

Kenya and Tanzania - 5 nights safari and 8 nights beach, can’t wait!

Bridezilla

We're mini-mooning the day after the wedding in the UK, 3 days in Snowdonia climbing Mount Snowdon during that time followed by 4 days in the Lake District also climbing Scafell while we're there. We're quite active, thrill seeking people so a beach holiday doing nothing is our worst nightmare! Lol 

For our actual honeymoon we're hoping to catch a plane to Vancouver over Christmas and explore British Columbia or like a couple others have mentioned, go to the Amalfi Coast but we plan to trek across it. 

Wedding addict

MrsMcS wrote (see post):
Amanda198 wrote (see post):

Snap (nearly!) We're going to Sorrento for 6 nights, then Rome for 3 and Venice for 2. Can't wait!

I can't wait either! Looking forward to nice food and drink. I haven't been to Italy before.xx 

Bridezilla

We have a son who will be 4 - current plan is a week in Florida, inc a couple of days at Disney, then on to Riviera Maya in Mexico for a week. 

Lots of people have said we'll need 2 weeks in Florida to do all the parks etc but truthfully I have no interest in going to theme parks and will just do the main Disney park for a couple of days for our son - otherwise will just be sightseeing etc.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

New bride

We are going to Lake Garda for our honeymoon.  I am so excited!

New bride

We did Singapore for 4 nights and then Langkawi for 10, perfect mix of city and relaxing beachs! 

New bride

My soon to be hubby and me are planning to go to Sydney and spend 5 days there and also visit some cities near Sydney. I can't wait! 

We still haven't found a place to stay, we wanted to book a hotel with spa and everything, but can't decide which one. Any recommendations maybe?

Also, we decided to book a limousine, Astra http://www.astralimousines.com.au/ offers wedding cars with a chauffeur and everything, so he can drive us around the city (we don't want to rent a car to drive by ourselves, Sydney seems such a big city to us).

Is there something in Sydney, besides the usual sights, you think we should definitely visit? 

Bridezilla

We're doing 4 nights in the lakes immediately after the wedding as a little minimoon to wind down.

Our actual honeymoon is 3 months after. Having a week in Switzerland staying around the Alps, lots of exploring and hiking.
Then our second week we fly on to Tuscany to stay in a private villa with a pool. We plan to spend that week eating pizza, drinking wine and generally being lazy with a few day visits to local places of interest 

Wedding addict

Minimoon 5 days in marrakesh in September then 3 weeks in vietnam over xmas 

Bridezilla

We’re going to Croatia for a week... all inclusive, junior suite with sea views. Going to hire a car for a couple of days to do Dubrovnik and some waterfalls/national parks but other than that it’ll be spa, pool, cocktail bar! Can’t wait... we plan to start trying for a baby straight away to we did look in to Barbados, Mexico & Costa Rica but had to be mindful of the Zika virus & also only wanted to go for a week as want to go away in December when I turn 30 (sobbing as I type the dreaded 3-0) x

Wedding addict

We are going round and round in circles re: our honeymoon.  

I have always wanted to get married at Christmas and I got my wish! However with the Zika virus the number of places we can travel to is greatly diminished and short of waiting 4 months for the weather Europe is out of the picture at that time of year.  

Also, how does anyone afford a wedding AND honeymoon!! 

First world problems I know! I am enjoying listening to where you are all going!