Honeymoons

Where are you honeymooning?

21 to 40 of 40 posts

Bridezilla

We are having a mini-moon straight after wedding with 3 nights in a remote, luxury hotel in Scotland then 4 months later we are heading to the Maldives for 7 days. Was always wary of just going that far for just a week but hopefully it will be worth it. 

New bride

I want to go back to Bali but because we went last year we've agreed on going to the Islands around Bali for 6 nights then 2 nights in Kuala Lumpa and then 6 nights in Thailand. We can't honeymoon till 3 months after the wedding though as we need to go in the school holidays so my mum can have our little girl.

Bridezilla

We're saving for a house and trying to have a baby so we've booked a week in sunny Spain in a self catering villa with a pool for straight after the wedding. It'll probably cost £1,500 tops and I can't wait to lie by a pool and do nothing!!

Bridezilla

I wish I could tell you!!  So far we have nothing booked! I am desperate for a proper honeymoon with some sun and a bit of luxury but looks like I am out of luck

We get married in December so anywhere hot is long haul and my OH hates flying, can't even convince him to do a 6 hour flight to Cape Verde! So will maybe do a lodge with a hot tub etc. in this country for a few days after the wedding.

Am thinking of going somewhere closer in Europe next year but a close friend is getting married in Malta in May so not sure I can convince OH to do 2 flights close together! Not even sure I can convince him to come to Malta with me *sigh* I just want some sun!!!

Bridezilla

Kelly224 wrote (see post):

I wish I could tell you!!  So far we have nothing booked! I am desperate for a proper honeymoon with some sun and a bit of luxury but looks like I am out of luck

We get married in December so anywhere hot is long haul and my OH hates flying, can't even convince him to do a 6 hour flight to Cape Verde! So will maybe do a lodge with a hot tub etc. in this country for a few days after the wedding.

Am thinking of going somewhere closer in Europe next year but a close friend is getting married in Malta in May so not sure I can convince OH to do 2 flights close together! Not even sure I can convince him to come to Malta with me *sigh* I just want some sun!!!

You could try a cruise? Many cruises sail out of southhampton so no flying involved

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Bridezilla

Thanks Sadie - I have thought about a cruise although OH has always said he doesn't like boats either! I'm hoping he means the little bob up and down boats rather than a big cruise liner!

Trouble is I would love to go straight after the wedding so any cruise then would be too long if it involves the Caribbean or not hot enough if it's Europe!

I was thinking of booking something for after the wedding but because of my friends wedding in May we won't be able to afford go to away just before or just after and then we are into the summer holidays so that leaves September which I think is way too long after the wedding to call it a honeymoon!!

If I can convince him to come to my friends wedding with me to Malta then we could make that into our honeymoon but not sure how I feel about attending someone else's wedding on what is meant to be our honeymoon - not sure if that is really stupid tho!!  Sorry for the ramble, just been thinking about this a lot recently - not been abroad for 12 years so am desperate for a proper holiday!!

Bridezilla

Ur real honeymoon will be the time you spend together immediately after the wedding - the time together without work or other 'real life' distractions is important, not where you do it.  Some people spend as much as they do on the wedding itself to fly half way round the world, some people do it in a caravan, some people just stay at home, it really doesn't matter as long as your relaxing and happy with ur new spouse.

We're just going to see what deals look good a few months before the big day because we want to go away straight away, but not able to spend a fortune. I know lots of couples who've had a 'minimoon' straight after the wedding or just a week off at home with nice days out, theatre trips etc, and then gone on a facy holiday and called it their 2nd honeymoon the year after when they've had a chance to recover financially a bit.

Why not have a 'staycation' honeymoon straight away, then save for an overseas holiday '2nd honeymoon' later?  Combining it with travel to be able to attend someone else's wedding in Malta sounds like a brilliant idea x

New bride

We’re heading to Negril, Jamaica. Wed never normally return to a resort, but this will be our 4th trip to same place, they’ve become like extended family to us, the resort is very small, eco lodges individually spaced our in a jungle garden with a beautiful beach. we met an amazing Canadian couple there 3 years ago, we were the only 2 people at their wedding on the beach last year and this year we’re Meeting up again, taking our dresses and doing a ‘beach blessing’  before jumping off a cliff into sea altogether! 

We got a brilliant return visitors rate at the hotel and virgin upper class on a seat sale, so only cost a little bit more than normal, and it will be a real treat to sleep properly on the return home flight!

we are having a ‘pre-wedding’ holiday, I don’t like fake tan, but love a nice Healthy glow, so heading for 2 weeks in ibiza just before the wedding ! Apparently we will need a break from planning - who am I to argue!

Wedding addict

We have bought a Volkswagen camper as a wedding present to ourselves so will just be going away in that for 7days straight afterwards covering around 700miles. Hoping we will get away somewhere as well but all depends on ££ 

Wedding addict

Bangkok, Ko Samaui and Singapore for us. Flying out the day after the wedding!

We’ve also booked a ‘second honeymoon’ a couple of months later to New York - a bit cheeky i know, but the travel company said that as long as it was within a year of our wedding, we were entitled to the honeymoon package!

Bridezilla

LittleWelshbird wrote (see post):

We’re heading to Negril, Jamaica. Wed never normally return to a resort, but this will be our 4th trip to same place, they’ve become like extended family to us, the resort is very small, eco lodges individually spaced our in a jungle garden with a beautiful beach. we met an amazing Canadian couple there 3 years ago, we were the only 2 people at their wedding on the beach last year and this year we’re Meeting up again, taking our dresses and doing a ‘beach blessing’  before jumping off a cliff into sea altogether! 

We got a brilliant return visitors rate at the hotel and virgin upper class on a seat sale, so only cost a little bit more than normal, and it will be a real treat to sleep properly on the return home flight!

we are having a ‘pre-wedding’ holiday, I don’t like fake tan, but love a nice Healthy glow, so heading for 2 weeks in ibiza just before the wedding ! Apparently we will need a break from planning - who am I to argue! 

That sounds amazing, what resort is it? Jamaica is on our list, for some future year when we're not paying for a wedding and honeymoon!

We're having a mini-moon in Spain for a few days after the wedding, then four months later we'll go to the Cook Islands and New Zealand for three weeks. :D Costing about £8k, but that's a lot less than we were quoted by travel agents, and we're asking for contributions instead of wedding gifts.

New bride

Paris!

disney land and sight seeing!! 

so excited :) 

we are going for a week and taking about 1500 euros! 

X

Bridezilla

In an ideal world we will be going to New York, just the two of us, for 3 or 4 days soon after the wedding.

Then the January after, we want to do a 10-14 night holiday with our son who will be 4, with a week in Florida including a couple of days at Disney, then fly down to Riviera Maya in Mexico for a week.

This is all assuming OH gets an expected pay rise/bonuses. If not we'll probably do 10 nights all inclusive in a nice hotel in Europe.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

We're a bit lucky as we've got two weeks in Scotland around the wedding (a week either side), so we basically have a bit of a pre-moon and mini-moon built in! 

Our main honeymoon will be in Jan 2019, we're off to Vancouver and Whistler for skiing. However, we'll also probably try and bag a couple of weeks in either Portugal or Italy in September 2018 for a relax - hopefully we'll do a few days of hiking and a few days of beach. Think we'll be booking this a bit last minute though and how we do it will depend on finances...

Oh, and we're off to a festival in Madrid with some friends soon after the wedding so that counts as a mini-moon. in our eyes!

Basically, we have no kids and we really like taking holidays/travelling anyway so we're using this as an excuse!! 

Wedding addict

We are having a family-moon at a Haven resort for a week with our 6 year old son.

then me and hubby are flying to Torremolinos for a week in October, had to time it with school holidays so our son can go to his grandparents for a week.