Honeymoons

Let's swap resort recommendations!

1 to 4 of 4 posts

New bride

Hi all 

We have just started looking at honeymoons for early September and need some help! Looking online is baffling me and I prefer recommendations from people as I never know what to believe on Trip Advisor (especially after seeing a one star review because the Tv in the room was small!) In return I am happy to give some recommendacions of my own - all of which I would be delighted with for a honeymoon but we want to go somewhere new! 

Here's what we're looking for and if anyone has any recommendations I would be so happy to hear! 

- Under £2K pp for 10 days 

- Zika free 

- Really great food and a variety of a la carte restaurants rather than buffet restaurants. 

- Relaxed beach during the day and perhaps a bit more lively and sociable in the evening (But not people singing 'Dancing Queen' on karaoke!)

If anyone has any resorts they could recommend it would be brilliant. 

For other honeymooners I'd highly recommend Azul Beach and Sensimar Seaside Suites in Mexico. Both stunning resorts and food is fantastic with loads of different restaurants. In general you can't go wrong with a Karisma hotel - they really focus on service and food and both are incredible. In Mauritius we stayed at Emeraude Beach Attitude which I wouldn't recommend but we walked up the beach and had lunch in both La Residence and the Lux Belle Mare. Both breathtaking resorts and absolute paradise! Food amazing too. 

Looking forward to hearing from you all! 

Bridezilla

We're going to Mauritius in August and staying in the Shangri La resort - I know you've already been to Mauritius but I'd recommend checking out the other Shangri La resorts around the world - they're top class! x

New bride

Williams2James wrote (see post):

We're going to Mauritius in August and staying in the Shangri La resort - I know you've already been to Mauritius but I'd recommend checking out the other Shangri La resorts around the world - they're top class! x

Wow, just had a look - beautiful! Would definitely be open to going back to Mauritius so thank you so much. It is incredible, have a brilliant time! x

Bridezilla

Annabelle4 wrote (see post):
Williams2James wrote (see post):

Wow, just had a look - beautiful! Would definitely be open to going back to Mauritius so thank you so much. It is incredible, have a brilliant time! x

Thanks, hope you find somewhere!