Honeymoons

Kuoni Giftlist

1 to 6 of 6 posts

New bride

So we have made a Kuoni gift list.  they give you cards to put in invites - however I view this as quite forceful? I do not want guests to feel obliged to put into our honeymoon fund.

so instead of putting that id like to put a little something on the information card - a little less forceful but with the information.

I also really hate those wedding poems - they are too cheesy for me.

any ideas welcome on wording please! im sure someone must have found a nice way to do this before....!

TIA xx

Wedding addict

On our info card we just put that we didn’t expect presents but have been asked by some what we would like, if you would like to then John Lewis vouchers or a monetary gift would be lovely. Just being honest.xx 

Wedding addict

I am just putting on ours that since we are merging 2 homes more stuff is the last thing we need so if anyone wants to put in to the honeymoon then that would be lovely - and something nice about creating memories! And then I am whacking the kuoni card in. Everyone is going to contribute let's face it. I don't think you need to be coy just nice! 

It's tricky but don't overthink it xx

New bride

I am so glad that someone else is doing the same thing - I tend to overthink everything and don't want people to think we are being cheeky!
Julia82 wrote (see post):

I am just putting on ours that since we are merging 2 homes more stuff is the last thing we need so if anyone wants to put in to the honeymoon then that would be lovely - and something nice about creating memories! And then I am whacking the kuoni card in. Everyone is going to contribute let's face it. I don't think you need to be coy just nice! 

It's tricky but don't overthink it xx

Wedding addict

Aww bless you. No-one is going to go to a wedding and not bring a gift of some sort shape or description. I certainly wouldn't. I find it quite annoying when people pretend they don't want anything and then say - but if you want to give us something....

I certainly am massively hopeful a good chunk of the honeymoon will be paid off and shall be inviting all my richest long distant relatives (that bit was a joke). And as a guest being able to pop onto a website, pay my money and not have to worry - well - bliss! 

And I can't see why asking for some money towards the honeymoon is any more cheeky than sending round a gift list full of smoothie makers and fine crystal, which is traditional and no-one bats an eyelid at. 

I think the kuoni cards are quite nice and they are clear and simple and pleasant. Just put a nice note in the invite - job done. I can't believe any sane human would receive the invite and think - what a bloody cheek, not only do they want to come to their wedding, they want a gift as well! 

xxx

New bride

now you put it like that, it makes complete sense! Why on earth has a overthought this?! thank you! this has helped me so much.  and I totally agree how helpful it would be looking from a guest point of view, to be able to log on, contribute money and be done with it!

Julia82 wrote (see post):

Aww bless you. No-one is going to go to a wedding and not bring a gift of some sort shape or description. I certainly wouldn't. I find it quite annoying when people pretend they don't want anything and then say - but if you want to give us something....

I certainly am massively hopeful a good chunk of the honeymoon will be paid off and shall be inviting all my richest long distant relatives (that bit was a joke). And as a guest being able to pop onto a website, pay my money and not have to worry - well - bliss! 

And I can't see why asking for some money towards the honeymoon is any more cheeky than sending round a gift list full of smoothie makers and fine crystal, which is traditional and no-one bats an eyelid at. 

I think the kuoni cards are quite nice and they are clear and simple and pleasant. Just put a nice note in the invite - job done. I can't believe any sane human would receive the invite and think - what a bloody cheek, not only do they want to come to their wedding, they want a gift as well! 

xxx