Honeymoons

Beach holiday - help! Overwhelmed!

1 to 10 of 10 posts

Bridezilla

Disclaimer: not a honeymoon! 😜

So, here’s the thing! My OH and I never go on beach holidays, we are usually all about camping and the great outdoors etc. However, after a looooong degree  and a tough year  I am craving some sunshine this summer! I am seriously lusting over the Seychelles/Maldives but our budget will in no way stretch to that! 

I am lusting after sandy beaches, overwater villas/infinity pools, privacy (e.g. private villa/apartment even if in a tourist resort) essentially somewhere where I can walk around in a awimsuit all week and not feel underdressed!  😝 🏊‍♂️  not fussed on all incl vs diy, quite like cooking so that’s fine. Does anyone have anywhere they went on holiday/honeymoon that they loved and would recommend? Or some advice? I‘m a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing as I’ve never even looked for a beach holiday before! I don’t even know which country to look in! please help!

Wedding addict

We went to Kefalonia (Greek island) on a mini-moon style break and totally fell in love with it! The beaches were beautiful, the food was great and there are plenty of options for accommodation too - private villa, hotel etc. There were very few children on the island too which was perfect for us! We will definitely be going back at some point. 

Bridezilla

Hiya, 

What time of year are you planning on going?

Jx

Bridezilla

Jdot and Kimberley, probably summer but not set in stone! 

Bridezilla

I'd recommend somewhere in Europe then. Depending on budget you could look at Croatia (beautiful), Italy or Greece? So many Greek islands to choose from. Maybe look at Mexico but i'm not overly sure on the weather at that time to be honest.

Jx

Bridezilla

Mauritius cheaper than Maldives/Seychelles and similar.

Mexico - Pacific coast cheaper than Cancun side

Dominicam Republic

Thailand

Sri Lanka

Caribbean 

Canaries

Greek Islands

Egypt/Turkey - both excellent value at moment but for obvious reasons and associated risks.

The only bit of your request which will be difficult is the overwater bungalows. I have only ever seen those in incredibly expensive resorts and usually Maldives/South Pacific which will be expensive!

New bride

I suggest Seychelles. We made own honeymoon at Seychelles and it was unforgettable experience for us. Seychelles is known for its quixotic beauty and monumental luxury. Seychelles offers everything you’d want on your honeymoon – glimmering beaches, exquisite beauty, delish delicacies, heart-warming people and carnival-like spirit of the place.

Bridezilla

Steffan wrote (see post):

I suggest Seychelles. We made own honeymoon at Seychelles and it was unforgettable experience for us. Seychelles is known for its quixotic beauty and monumental luxury. Seychelles offers everything you’d want on your honeymoon – glimmering beaches, exquisite beauty, delish delicacies, heart-warming people and carnival-like spirit of the place.

Really?  So why are you looking for locations in India?  Onto your 2nd marriage already........?

New bride

may i ask the budget because it will mostly depend on that... if its more around 1500 for 2 then probably destination mostly around europe/americas can be doable  around 3000  for 2 you can have already your lust at maldives too especially if you are flexible on the board and not looking at all inclusive, or if you are ok with a garden bungalow instead of an over water bungalow... 

i'm a travel consultant so if you need help , let me know :)