Hair & make-up

Hairstyle advice please?

1 to 14 of 14 posts

New bride

Hi fellow Brides, 

I was wondering if you can all please give me some advice on hairstyles for brides. When I first bought my dress I was convinced I wanted a big updo but lately I am more inclined to get hair extensions and have a  down Hollywood style. My dress is very Kate Middleton but strapless and I have a sparkly belt around the waste with a very long train and veil.

I haven't purchased hair accessories yet so not sure if bridal hair comb or tiara will be nicer with either style. I have always wanted to get a weave fitted or bonds (haven't decided on method yet) but my hairdresser does extensions and I am considering this option. Another factor is that up-dos hurt my head a lot and I had one last month and after an hour is killed my head. I have also attached a picture of my dress so you can give your honest feedback, thank you <3 

I have attached pictures below of both styles and all advice welcome. 

Bridezilla

Ahhh you're a Bijoux bride too! 

I think the last style is stunning and with the dress being such a "statement" dress I think it softens it with it still being really glam! x

I married my perfect husband on 03.03.2018 

New bride

Future-Mrs-A wrote (see post):

I think the last style is stunning and with the dress being such a "statement" dress I think it softens it with it still being really glam! x

Hi Yes I am :) <3 The girls are so lovely over there. 

Thank you its very hard to decide on styles. I loved up-dos but this glam look is just so nice too me. xx 

Bridezilla

blondebride2018 wrote (see post):
Future-Mrs-A wrote (see post):

Hi Yes I am :) <3 The girls are so lovely over there. 

Thank you its very hard to decide on styles. I loved up-dos but this glam look is just so nice too me. xx 

They really are! I rang them last night (I've dealt with Sharon all the way through and she's so lovely!) and I've got my alteration appointments booked in plus the final pick up date! Yiiikes haha xx

New bride

"They really are! I rang them last night (I've dealt with Sharon all the way through and she's so lovely!) and I've got my alteration appointments booked in plus the final pick up date! Yiiikes haha xx"

Thats amazing lucky you, happy wedding day for when it comes. My dress comes in during June, its so exciting :) <3 xx

Bridezilla

blondebride2018 wrote (see post):

"They really are! I rang them last night (I've dealt with Sharon all the way through and she's so lovely!) and I've got my alteration appointments booked in plus the final pick up date! Yiiikes haha xx"

Thats amazing lucky you, happy wedding day for when it comes. My dress comes in during June, its so exciting :) <3 xx

June will literally be here before you know it! What’s your date & venue? ☺️ Xx

New bride

"June will literally be here before you know it! What’s your date & venue? ☺️ Xx"

You are right, we started planning last September and it has flown in so far. Our date is August 4th this year in my church in Kirkintilloch and then the reception at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Glasgow city centre. What about you?xx

Bridezilla

Wow planning for less than a year? You are one brave lady! lol. Oooo the room there for weddings is really nice- be lovely to have it made up the way you want it ^___^.

We are 3rd March and ceremony & reception are at Rowallan Castle in Ayrshire :) xx

New bride

I know we must be mad!! I only got engaged last July in Paris. My fiancee is Nigerian and its non common for long engagements in his culture so we shocked my parents with a wedding in less than a year lol. Thank you, I am getting it completely transformed so will look so different on the day. 

I think I have heard of your venue and you are so close, does it get more stressful the closer you get? I am worried I will struggle to pay things close to the time. xx

New bride

Gorgeous dress 😍 I think the last style would look beautiful xx

New bride

This is my portfolio 

https://www.instagram.com/yuliaenciu_mua/

New bride

All photos are awesome. Too  much beautiful. Hair style plays a well role in your
personality. Your hairstyle impacts on other. A well personality
person have also well styled hair.
I found a new site on which there is a huge collection of latest
and updated hair style. I checkout the styles from here and make
new style like that. You can find new,updated and well styled
haircut from the site also.

https://www.mrkidshaircuts.com/

Bridezilla

I agree down would look best and also love the last one, your dress is gorgeous.