Hair & make-up

Are you bothering with a bridesmaids H&MU trial?

1 to 14 of 14 posts

Bridezilla

Im not- and ive never had one when ive been a BM either- if they want one then they should pay I think

Bridezilla

I didn't bother with a hair trial for my BM (they only had hair done, I didn't bother with make up for them as they were teenagers). They just decided what they wanted doing on the day.

Bridezilla

My bridesmaids opted to do their own makeup, but we didn't bother with a hair trial for them. 

My mum had both her hair and makeup done on the day, but only opted for the makeup trial. 

Might be worth giving MOB the option for a trial though. 

Bridezilla

I let them know where the hair was being done and that I would pay for the day but if they wanted a trial they would have to pay for it themselves. I think 1 out of 3 decided she wanted one

New bride

We are all having make up trials as its included as part of the package that but they aren't having a hair trial.

I think it's totally down to preference, I preferred them to have it as I know we have a very wide range of skin tones & types to deal with and I would hate for any of them to feel uncomfortable on the day with shoddily matching foundation or make up melting etc,

where as hair is an easy fix if it goes wrong, plus it's being done by one of my oldest friends so I know they're in safe hands.

Wedding addict

Hey,

Mine are charging individual prices so i'm not booking for their trial. Its a lot of money. At the end of the day these artists don't have a job for no reason so they can all do make up and hair, no trial needed i think.

xx

Bridezilla

I wanted both my bridesmaid (only having one) and my mother to have a makeup & hair trial, and then for them to decide what they wanted to do on the day, to which we have all agreed to have a professional do it.

The quote for MUA & Hair was for 3 for trial and 3 for day.

Kel

New bride

I'm doing a hair trial for my sister but only coz she has a ridiculous amount of hair and I want to time it for the morning.. and my mum is having a make up trial coz she doesn't ever wear make up. If the other BMs want trials I would say that's fine but they can pay for them? :)

Wedding addict

My bridesmaid & mum weren’t bothered about having a trial - they just decided on the day